• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Event History Window = Lag

DeletedUser26965

Note: This has been fixed.

I wanted to test what happens when I opened the Event History window and here are my results.

After doing some typical things, checking maps, tavern, messages etc I typically sit around around 300-400k
SLJxCGM.jpg

After opening the Event History just one time I get up to this. Also it take about 7-10 seconds to open or close the window the first time I open it.

ZA3oq2q.jpg

Here's 5 times opened and 10 times opened.

rjcft2p.jpg

IX4vqZ9.jpg

Strangely enough it didn't really go up much more after that no matter how many times I reopened the window. But lag kept getting worse. At 10x it took about 20 seconds to open or close the window. At 20x it took 1 minute 12 seconds to open or close the window. After that I stopped testing.

MC92wmX.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ylisaveta

I don't have the documentation, but I subjectively have experienced this for weeks now. The more they add to the event history, the worse it gets. Thanks for documenting it.

Ylisaveta

I know, I play beta. It has helped, the game loads more quickly now. But if you do need to page through event history (say, to aid), each page loads separately. I think the trade-off is worth it, but it does get old pausing while each page loads. It hasn't really solved the problem, just moved it. I don't think every piece of info needs to be dumped into the event history.