• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Expedition Difficulty Based on What?

DeletedUser26586

I am in the Tomorrow age and when I go into the expedition it is set to difficulty level 1. By the 4th battle I am facing 2 waves of enemies. First wave has 3 helicopters with attack level 192 and defense 160 and 3 anti-aircraft units with attack 144 and defense 128. The 2nd wave has 3 strike teams with attack 160 and defense 128. Others in my guild say that they are at or past Tomorrow age and do not face such difficult enemies. So how is the difficulty determined?

Expedition.JPG

DeletedUser8152

Every 4th wave is always a bigger battle (these are the larger temples on the map). The first one is indeed 6+3 units in two waves, from the age one below your own. That should be the same for everyone.

DeletedUser1753

Imo the battles are even exactly the same except for the age difference. I.e this one will for everyone have wave 1 of 3 fast + 3 ranged and wave 2 of 3 light, and always 1 age below your own.
Their exact stats of course changed by their boost which is also a set amount for the age you are in.
The only random part is the terrain, retreating and restarting can help you a lot when you get a lousy terrain.

DeletedUser10415

I am in the Tomorrow age and when I go into the expedition it is set to difficulty level 1. By the 4th battle I am facing 2 waves of enemies. First wave has 3 helicopters with attack level 192 and defense 160 and 3 anti-aircraft units with attack 144 and defense 128. The 2nd wave has 3 strike teams with attack 160 and defense 128. Others in my guild say that they are at or past Tomorrow age and do not face such difficult enemies. So how is the difficulty determined?

Those are pretty easy waves if you've got AA yourself and even easier if you've got rogues too.

DeletedUser26586

Thanks. I shared this info with my guild so they all understand how it works.

DeletedUser20367

There is some randomness in the troops you face. Most of my battles are the same for same Age worlds but every so often I'll get one world that has some differences. Don't remember the specifics but it was something like I would have three lights in the first battle and 4 ranged in the second but on one world the second battle was four lights.

DeletedUser9640

I also think there is SOME difference based in how the guild as a whole has done. My top scoring guild world always has tougher fights then the same flight #s on other worlds, although that may simply be random chance it's been pretty consistent from week to week.