• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Explaining GE Level 5

ol man Rufus

I am sure there is a link which will help me learn the options and strategy for completing Level 5 GE. Could someone point me in the right direction, please?
I am not here to debate lvl 5 one way or the other.

Thanks
RufusXZ

Dursland

As far as I know fortifications are useless so there's no strategy other than to fight or use goods.

To fight you need around 1700/1700% city defense to clear. To use goods you need around 8,000-12,000 altogether.

Personally I'm not going to bother until I can get new buildings in my city that provide two-way boosts, like Phantom Tower and the upcoming Panda Shrine.

Pericles the Lion

I've completed L5 on two of my worlds:

(1) SAJM. Defense boosts are too low to battle. Negotiated all 16 encounters spending no diamonds. 12K goods spent. This strategy is sustainable because this city produces sufficient goods.

(2) INDY. I have OF units in this city. Defense A/D 53/34. Used 2 Turturets with 6 Rogues. Easy peasy but this is a "Peter Pan" strategy. Works fine but I can't age up.

Darkest.Knight

Found tavern extra turn is the ticket, 2 failed tries, no diamonds; have a lot of goods so didn't pay any attention to how many.

P C C

I think the fortifications to fight aren't too expensive, particularly if you are low on attack for defenders, but that's a judgement call. The fortifications that reduce goods for negotiations looked more expensive than they could save in goods even assuming you filled all 5 spots on 4 rounds (using the Tavern). But on one encounter there was an option to reduce from 10 goods choices to 9 and I took it.

(I'm in SAJM, and used blue defense boosts along with my Kraken to fight 10x and then negotiated 6x. Maybe I'm just a bad negotiator or I was unlucky but I think I spent about 11k goods and my city only produces about 3k previous era goods per week, so I probably can't negotiate every week either. When SAT is introduced, leaving more buildings in SAJM than I left in SAV could help.)

ol man Rufus

I negotiated my way to level 80 and was surprised at the amount of goods I spent. I also need 50 Diamonds. I guess I am a little thick headed understanding the fighting option but I always have next week. LOL

Thanks all. I am now un-watching this thread

RufusXZ

JJ597

Great that INNO gave us a challenge! Sever disappointment in GE 1-3 no possible diamond rewards! GE4 diamond rewards don't make up for GE 1-3 changes to diamond rewards.

Dursland

This was just posted in my guild forum.

(copied from very experienced player in another world. found it to be good info and somthing to think about!)
So as I was playing GE5 in beta, here are some tips to keep in mind before rushing to add city defense to your city:
- GE5 is much easier to fight in the lower ages but almost impossible in the higher ages
- People have said it is possible to fight all 16 encounters if you have hovers as advanced units in Indy to PME tho
- if you plan on fighting, you probably need to manual battle
- if you plan on negotiating, the bonus fort that erases one option is worth it, but the fort that subtracts the cost of negotiating is not worth it
- at the moment it costs approx 10k misc goods per week if you plan on negotiating
- blue defense potions stacks
- a level 80 SBC gives you 65 DA/DD which is really a drop in the bucket.
- At the current GE 5 stats you may need to add 500 to 1000 DA/DD which is not worth it atm
- 500 DA/DD would be something like 400 squares of space or 15 eagle mountains to give a reference
- the forgotten temple gives you 20% FP bonus but it doesn't apply to GBs, town hall, and anything that is rounded down
- in my beta town in Indy that produced 550FP, but after I minus GBs and everything else that means 350FP that qualify for the 20% bonus
- that means that silly thing would give me 70FP per day
- 70 FP is about 42 fights per day in GBG

Just some stuff to think about before rushing into revamping your entire town

blueskydwg

It looks like the challenge will be to find blue attack items - the city (blue) defense is plentiful right now with the anniversary event, but the attack, not so much. The Tower of Conjunction from the event will provide a nice additional boost (26 attack and 27 defense) and the Bear Mountain reserve gives 40 attack and 35 defense (both of those are in SAJM) but I doubt that many of us built that one instead of the eagle mountain.

I'll be looking through all the buildings to see which ones provide city attack boost, but will plan on negotiating for the near future.

wolfhoundtoo

When I look at the upgrades for details it says the tower of conjunction offers 13% attack for your ATTACKING army (in EMA). Unless it gives defense attack boost in higher ages the tower won't help you on GE5.

Pericles the Lion

When I look at the upgrades for details it says the tower of conjunction offers 13% attack for your ATTACKING army (in EMA). Unless it gives defense attack boost in higher ages the tower won't help you on GE5.
With the final upgrade the Phantom Tower of Conjunction provides attack and defense bonuses for both the attacking army and the defending army. Percents depend on age.

LoveNkind

I finished all GE5 in my main. It was a challenge. Imo, the biggest key was playing PvP. You lose points in PvP if someone successfully attacks you, so most PvP players have hundreds in defense stats.
Personally, I fought most of the first 12 with troops and then switched to negotiations. Others will use other strategies.
Also--this is going to shake up many guilds as some will open GE5 and some will not and many players will switch guilds. In a couple weeks, when the dust settles and your guild has decided whether to play GE5 or not, announce in guild forum and world chat what your guild is doing, and you will attract players making the same choice.

Johnny B. Goode

I finished all GE5 in my main. It was a challenge. Imo, the biggest key was playing PvP. You lose points in PvP if someone successfully attacks you, so most PvP players have hundreds in defense stats.
This may be true in your experience, but not in mine. I play PVP Arena on 5 worlds and it is rare to see anyone with "hundreds" in DA boosts. Most top out at around 200 in Ddefense and less in Dattack.

xivarmy

This may be true in your experience, but not in mine. I play PVP Arena on 5 worlds and it is rare to see anyone with "hundreds" in DA boosts. Most top out at around 200 in Ddefense and less in Dattack.
In higher ages I usually find there's "that one guy" (or two) who's built up their defending army - maybe around 400/600 stats. Which would be enough in "middle" ages to make a good dent (say around FE-OF). But that won't get you too far in space age GE5.