• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Exploring next age map before advancing to that age

LaGoulue

I seem to recall being able to explore the next age map before advancing. I'm in SPAM and have completed the maps. I've sent a scout ahead in the SPAB but there's no indication that exploration has begun (the timer). Do I have to advance before being able to explore the next age map?

xivarmy

no, you're able to explore any continent map as soon as you've unlocked it. You may need to manually switch to the new map to see your scout and send him after provinces if you have finished ore explorations on SAM map waiting (as the continent map will flip to them first when you open it instead of where the scout is). Alternatively, clear all your currently finished ore explorations and then close and open the continent map and it'll take you to your scout.

LaGoulue

Yes! I checked again and the scout is working! ...not sure why it didn't before. Thanks for the confirmation!

LaGoulue

The last province to conquer in SAAB has an exploration site and I don't want to close it off by scouting the next map and being unable to mine in SAAB. The other concern is being unable to complete a quest requiring capturing sectors when there are none available. I think this has answered by question...thanks!

Pericles the Lion

The last province to conquer in SAAB has an exploration site and I don't want to close it off by scouting the next map and being unable to mine in SAAB. The other concern is being unable to complete a quest requiring capturing sectors when there are none available. I think this has answered by question...thanks!
You can keep progressing on the C-Map. The SAAB mining sites will be closed when you advance to SAV on the tech tree, not before.

LaGoulue

I continued on the SAV C-map so I'd have sectors to conquer if a quest requires it. I'm also trying to mine as much asteroid ice as I can before advancing to SAV. Thanks for the input!