• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Extorsion for FP's on GB's

DeletedUser10841

Is it really allowed to have people extort neighbors for FP's on their GB's or they attack and plunder their goods everyday? There are a few that put it right in their profile and send out messages for it. Plundering Goods is already frowned upon, but this takes it to a new low.

Dutch
Founder of The Pack
7 guilds in 7 worlds

DeletedUser10266

Plundering isn't frowned upon, its part of the game and people just dont like it. As far as the fp extortion, it does not actually break any game rules so it is allowed. Either pay or plan your production times to avoid being plundered.

DeletedUser10841

Oh, you must have a different set of rules. That is a threat is it not?

We do not accept profiles, player names, guild names or any other publications that the Administration finds to be illegal, insulting, threatening, abusive, real-life-aggressive, sexual, politically extreme, religiously fanatic, racist, playing down the use of illegal drugs or promoting the use of said substances or in any way inappropriate.

DeletedUser10266

Saying if you don't donate ill hack your PC or find you and hurt you are threats. All they are doing is giving you a choice. I have a message now stating if people dont set defense ill plunder. Is that threatening? This issue has been brought up before and a forum moderator has even stated that it is not a violation of game policy and rules. So like I said, pay the person or give them little to nothing to plunder.

DeletedUser2145

The threatening bit of those rules refers to real life threats. The scenario you describe is not a violation of the game rules. It may not be nice, but it's not in any way a violation and the choice is ultimately yours. It's up to you to decide whether the plunders will harm you more, or what you'll give away to prevent them.

DeletedUser2382

or the third choice of ganging up against them. Players like this are not too popular in the hood.

DeletedUser10131

It's actually considered Tribute. It has gone on since the beginning of time.

Ganging up really doesn't make a difference. Most players that raid have a large number of watchfires. I use all champions with 210% defense. I have never lost a single champion. I started raiding for points for the tournament. Plunder was just a bonus. Of course I have a you motivate my log cabins I don't attack you. I in return motivate them too. I have several that motivates them, and most still can't take 15 seconds out of their day. I don't feel sorry plundering them.

DeletedUser10841

Your right DiamondDave, that what we do. Only we send our guild after their guild. If that does not work and they are supporting it, we go after them in the other worlds and go after all their guilds there. We have been pretty successful and many have found themselves guildless.

DeletedUser10076

Your right DiamondDave, that what we do. Only we send our guild after their guild. If that does not work and they are supporting it, we go after them in the other worlds and go after all their guilds there. We have been pretty successful and many have found themselves guildless.

sounds to me like you are the jerk lol

i don't hit everyone everyday however once guild politics is threatened i hit that person daily. got a few in my old hood who learned that the hard way.

DeletedUser10131

I about fell out of my seat laughing at your answer. Thanks that was the best laugh I had this week

Please don't get your whole guild after me ROFLMAO

DeletedUser2382

Let me say that I have no issues with such 'extortion"- though I consider it a cheap, jerk, pathetic, and fairly ineffective means of getting fps (you catch far more flies with honey). But there are in fact many ways of forming a coalition against such players. Hit the guild, hit their territory on GvG, and my favorite---set up a neighborhood thread that various members simply message each other when this guys goods are ready. There's no way for others to protect goods by motivating.

So get together with folks from your hood on a community thread and let each other know when this guys stuff is ripe!

DeletedUser2744

Oh good grief. It's part of the game. If you don't want to be plundered, either plan your production or man up your defenses. Don't whine about it!

DeletedUser7607

Oh, you must have a different set of rules. That is a threat is it not?

We do not accept profiles, player names, guild names or any other publications that the Administration finds to be illegal, insulting, threatening, abusive, real-life-aggressive, sexual, politically extreme, religiously fanatic, racist, playing down the use of illegal drugs or promoting the use of said substances or in any way inappropriate.

i was called food by a guy daily wrote a ticket saying i found it to be offensive to be getting messages like "get your goods im coming to eat you for lunch" or "hows my lunch today?"
plus the give me fp and ill stop i screen shoted and sent in a ticket. apparently being called someones food daily isnt a rule violation they said its fine for him to call me lunch. lol

DeletedUser10131

It sounds like some people are not cut out for a PvP game. I highly recommend you find a PVE game. Nobody will attack you

DeletedUser10415

I have this on my profile:
"Neighbors: I may attack you for tournament points and/or if you don't have any EMA or higher buildings for me to M/P. I won't plunder unless I've never seen any evidence of you having done something useful in my city. If that's the case, I'll feel obligated to take some coins to justify your existence."

It's not a threat...It's a promise. And very fair, I think. I don't plunder goods unless our guilds are warring on GvG, and most times not even then. I feel sorry for them who feel they have to extort FPs from their hood. I M/P and get M/P'd by around 2/3 of my neighbors, who also give me FPs. Even the ones I attack for tourney points contribute FPs to my GBs. Even the ones who I had to justify their existence by taxing them. Only had to do it once, and it was entirely their idea to do so.

I'm pretty sure people who complain about the plunder aspect of this game haven't played many other PvP empire-building games. In most of the ones I've played, if a raider had enough cargo space to haul away EVERYTHING, they could. The plundering in FoE is child's play.

DeletedUser10947

Can I come play one of your PVP games, Glarg? There's too many wimps on this one.
I kid. I'm not going to stop playing a perfectly good game just because people complain to the developer about a feature the developer made exactly as they intended it. The wimp can go play another game.

DeletedUser

It's a great city building game, with a feature that not only allows people to steal, extort, threaten, bully, etc., but encourages that behaviour. It definitely brings out a lovely crowd.