• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event 2023 Feedback

Sharmon the Impaler

The numbers will always be too small to conclude anything as the events are only 2 weeks long. In lieu I look at the most recent past events and watch for similar patterns in the one I am in. The last event gave me 2 X 10 event currency (footballs) in the last 13 days of the event. In the event before this , the incident currency tapered off to 1 X 3 and 2 X 10 and 1 X 15 in the last 17 days of the event. The time periods used at the first day the currency was zero for the day lasting for at least 2 consecutive days and going until the end of the event. Both these events gave considerably more incident currency than previous events in the opening days of each event.

Orius Maximus

Well, as a guideline to know if you're doing well enough, about 3 coffee cups per board on average is comfortably sufficient to finish the main prize if you use every wooden spoon (i.e. finish the questline, don't let your spoon counter hit the cap of 4 for any significant length of time (playing before you logout til you have 0 spoons gives you 24 hours minimum).

So you could try it out to start, and if it doesn't seem you'll meet that threshold, skip the rest.

Well 3 cups a board might be manageable if the RNG doesn't screw me and if I don't make too many mistakes. But I was burned too much on the last two Wildlife events to feel confident about this. I've taken the plunge anyway. The green desserts do have a small chance to award the supply rushes I need, but unfortunately my least two favorite event prizes, coins and supplies, are much more likely. The white desserts have a chance for WW fragments so I'm mulling over whether or not to futz around on my two well farms for more pieces. I have at least two dozen wells in storage on my Parkog farm so I'm not going to bother there.

I was playing at the start myself, it was nothing like that for me ;) You just had a lucky start. Some boards are loaded, others are sparse - somewhat deliberately (the chance of coffee cups depends on the 4 colors chosen for your current board).

I was averaging 9k points a board and 4.3 coffee cups in the first few hours (across ~80 boards on multiple worlds), and i'm averaging 9k points a board and 4.2 coffee cups now (~40 more boards since).

THAT does not sound promising.

xivarmy

Well 3 cups a board might be manageable if the RNG doesn't screw me and if I don't make too many mistakes. But I was burned too much on the last two Wildlife events to feel confident about this. I've taken the plunge anyway. The green desserts do have a small chance to award the supply rushes I need, but unfortunately my least two favorite event prizes, coins and supplies, are much more likely. The white desserts have a chance for WW fragments so I'm mulling over whether or not to futz around on my two well farms for more pieces. I have at least two dozen wells in storage on my Parkog farm so I'm not going to bother there.

THAT does not sound promising.
It's pretty safe. I expect to hit somewhere around 440-500 for free on a world that does the whole questline.

You only need 280 to finish the main building, or 300 for the oil press - so there's a sizeable comfort margin in there :)

While there are some bad luck boards for sure, the fact that you'll be doing so many (87 wooden spoons + 3 golden spoons (=~12 wooden if you're reasonably fast during them) + 1240 flour (= ~8 spoons worth of extra moves)), means a few bad ones are no big deal - you'll also get some very lucky ones!

xivarmy

The numbers will always be too small to conclude anything as the events are only 2 weeks long. In lieu I look at the most recent past events and watch for similar patterns in the one I am in. The last event gave me 2 X 10 event currency (footballs) in the last 13 days of the event. In the event before this , the incident currency tapered off to 1 X 3 and 2 X 10 and 1 X 15 in the last 17 days of the event. The time periods used at the first day the currency was zero for the day lasting for at least 2 consecutive days and going until the end of the event. Both these events gave considerably more incident currency than previous events in the opening days of each event.
Last event was the anomaly - first week of it the incidents were crazy - i was getting at least 1 500 on each world - and i think one of them got as many as 3! Then it dried up to more normal amounts.

This one it started normal - most of my worlds got no event-related incidents the first day - pretty hard to go down from there! "This incident has consumed 20 flour. better luck next time!"

Dursland

We still don't know that they are doing this. Look at the attachments. One offer is denominated in Dollars, the other is in Swiss Francs. Two different servers.
Yeah we figured it out on Ubernerd's discord - they are now A/B testing across regions to avoid complaints.

Pretty shady. Too bad players did notice, and we are complaining lol.

Pericles the Lion

Yeah we figured it out on Ubernerd's discord - they are now A/B testing across regions to avoid complaints.

Pretty shady. Too bad players did notice, and we are complaining lol.
How did anyone conclude that INNO was A/B testing across servers to "avoid complaints"? It's pure speculation. Two different countries. Two different servers. Two different offers. It's probably not A/B testing. A customer can buy a Spam and Egg breakfast at McDonalds in Hawaii but not on the Mainland. It's a cultural thing, not McD A/B testing. It wouldn't surprise me if INNO has different offers on the different servers all the time. Keep chasing those windmills. :)

Orius Maximus

It's pretty safe. I expect to hit somewhere around 440-500 for free on a world that does the whole questline.

You only need 280 to finish the main building, or 300 for the oil press - so there's a sizeable comfort margin in there :)

While there are some bad luck boards for sure, the fact that you'll be doing so many (87 wooden spoons + 3 golden spoons (=~12 wooden if you're reasonably fast during them) + 1240 flour (= ~8 spoons worth of extra moves)), means a few bad ones are no big deal - you'll also get some very lucky ones!

We'll see. I finished the rush quests on day one again, and I usually do event related DCs, but I don't trust this event format. I will likely be using the spoons, this works the same way the Wildlife event did, and I was doing that during the day to make room for the tickets that spawned every 8 hours. I got a gold spoon from the DC today so I tested it, it ended up being basically 3 free plays. I don't know if I can squeeze 4 out them, I don't like rushing this too much because that leads to careless mistakes.

Athanofthered

The only event in a long time I see as worth spending money on purly because of the ten higher age BPS (I'm in titan so that means free titan bps until the next age comes out I see that as a total win).

Athanofthered

I avoid any 10% garbage like the plague. Inno puts them up because at 10% you may never get the golden update for the event building ever and you couldn't prove the Inno is ripping players off. I skip all events with the 90/10% split now. 200 Sunhaven bases with 120/150 golden update fragments is very possible with a 90/10% building. Don't waste your money on these and wait for the next event.
That would make a lot of sense of these buildings didn't produce fragments of thier own silver and gold upgrades I say go for it if you hace the money and the will too I actually rather enjoy this event very rare for me.

Last edited:

Lothar123

I really wish the "End level or play on" pop-up that appears after you make your last move didn't obscure the board. I just cleared a ton of connected blocks as my final move, and the fraction of a second between when the new blocks fell into the board and when they were obscured from view wasn't enough for me to make an informed decision about whether it was worth paying for another 10 moves.

Dursland

Finally did get a good starting board today - 6 star jar and 4 cups right away. Other two boards were okay.

Important warning: if you leave a quest completed but don't accept the reward, then you won't get your daily sacks of flour.

I have had a completed quest for 2+ days now with a spoon. I just accepted it, then got my 15 sacks of flour (which did not pop up until I accepted the quest) - then realized I didn't get my 15 sacks yesterday.

So beware! I doubt support will be helpful but I'll file a ticket anyway in case it gets me 15 flour.

Dursland

Loading screen in the game now promotes diamond usage for the first time (that I've seen).

It was something like "Enhance your play with extra flour and spoons by using the + button"

UBERhelp1

Finally did get a good starting board today - 6 star jar and 4 cups right away. Other two boards were okay.

Important warning: if you leave a quest completed but don't accept the reward, then you won't get your daily sacks of flour.

I have had a completed quest for 2+ days now with a spoon. I just accepted it, then got my 15 sacks of flour (which did not pop up until I accepted the quest) - then realized I didn't get my 15 sacks yesterday.

So beware! I doubt support will be helpful but I'll file a ticket anyway in case it gets me 15 flour.
Did you have the game open when it hit midnight? Sometimes it takes a refresh or going in/out of another feature to get the quest to update to give you the new daily currency.

Ebeondi Asi

I really wish the "End level or play on" pop-up that appears after you make your last move didn't obscure the board. I just cleared a ton of connected blocks as my final move, and the fraction of a second between when the new blocks fell into the board and when they were obscured from view wasn't enough for me to make an informed decision about whether it was worth paying for another 10 moves.
In previous versions I would exit the game by whatever way was easiest without clicking on the Event board. When reentering the game going to the Event board I would again be able to see the main Event board to make decisions.
I do not know if that is possible with this event.

pieman

Went to town the first day of the "Fall Event 2023", playing all 4 boards in both my cities. Was hitting Harvest Farm Selection Kits like that was the only prize winnable. Won another one today and went to see how many I have, and in two cities I can only find the one I got today. I have been waiting almost 4 years for this game to improve, and it just keeps diving into the abyss.

Dursland

Did you have the game open when it hit midnight? Sometimes it takes a refresh or going in/out of another feature to get the quest to update to give you the new daily currency.
Yes I did but I'm certain I didn't get yesterday's bonus. You won't get it if you have a quest completed and uncollected.

Try it for yourself if you don't believe me :)