• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Guild Expedition.. Level 5

Trobb de Grobb

Address the balance issues in beta and don't nerf the little amount of diamonds GE now provides !!! If anything, with an entire new level, levels 1-4 should produce the same amount of diamonds (instead of being cut in half) and level 5 should produce some diamonds as well (instead of producing no diamonds)

Cured Meat

This is rushed, only 2 weeks in Beta and far too many complaints about this 5th level. All players should read the Beta thread to understand what they did and how you won't be able to complete the 5th level.... Do not go "Goods poor" just to do the 5th level.

Just An Observer

Since I have an Abort 2000 RQ machine, paying the goods cost on a sustainable basis is not a problem for me. I have yet to see someone in my world have one and imagine these are quite scarce.

What makes up the machine: HC + SMB + CF + Unbirthday RQ. Level up the GB's to the level needed for doing 2000 Aborts every day and you will have all the goods you need. This is relatively easy in lower eras but it appears to top out in Future era. Hyperleveling the CF to at least 158 for a 50 Goods reward looks to be the goal based on what I saw in Cirgard, where a SAJM player was able to sell SAJM goods when the AI came out at the rate of two sets a day. Add in the SMB at Level 100 and the HC at 91 from his city. If you want more recursion ability, increase the HC and CF some more.

UBERhelp1

This was very rushed. It hasn't even been on Beta a month yet, and it's being beta-tested on live servers now (the announcement states the balancing is not final). Also, please Fountain of Youth selection kit instead of two separate fragment counts for the level 1 and upgrade :)

I feel like, at the very least, this could have merited a few more weeks on Beta for final polishing. As it is now, this feature is going to be hated on arrival, when it could have been much better received.

Last edited:

xivarmy

I think it's rushed partly because anniversary event is one of your best chances to start prep for it. So they want you to see it before it ends - and spend spend spend ;)

Summary of changes to existing levels.
+ You will now reliably get 1 selection kit of each type per week if you complete the first 4 difficulties. If you want to build up a bunch of terrace farms, sacred sky watches, and gates or faces in a new city, it's reliable now.
+ You will get more FP per week, and units in level 4 instead of many of the undesirable prizes from previous
- Fountains of Youth and their shrink kit will each take ~16 weeks on average to complete one.
- Diamonds per week are about halved. They all come from level 4 now.

New level:
- You will need a lot of stats for your defending army to "fully fight" GE5, in any age.
- You will need a lot of goods to "fully negotiate" GE5 (if you spend 10 diamonds for an extra turn rather than give up and restart ~10-15k a week spread evenly between current and previous age goods).
- It will take 4+ weeks running the whole thing to complete any of the new prizes from GE5. Temple will be done in 4 such weeks. Others will probably need to wait 5 because you'll miss out on fragments by winning a portrait
- You will have nothing but fragments and portraits to show for the first 3 weeks. That's all the prizes in GE5 are.
- Fortifications are a trap for negotiation - costing more goods than they save. They're fine for extending your fighting a *little* at the cost of less goods than it would to negotiate - but you already need quite a bit of defending army stats for that to work.
+ The Forgotten Temple is a new incredibly powerful build-around for people who get their FP from city collection. And an incredibly efficient attack building. You can maintain one consistently if you do GE5 every week.
+ The Feathered Serpent Statue is a new best in slot building for attack bonuses. You'll average 1 fully levelled every 12 weeks once you've gotten the portraits out of the way.

Kranyar the Mysterious

My main guild decided that we are going to just drop opening any GE levels for the time being, where we were a day 1 finish GE4 before. No interest in participating in this iteration of Forge of Fragments and it's insane defense needed to battle GE5 or having to pay 10k + of goods weekly if you have to negotiate it. Not worth the strain on the membership to bother with it..

Seeing how beta was ignored and this was pushed to live so quickly is just the latest item that shows that FoE is solidly in it's PTW endgame state.