• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Guild Expedition.. Level 5

Patagonia

The new GE that debuted today is very disappointing to say the least.

In my opinion, you have removed all incentive to compete and complete GE. You've gutted the rewards of Levels 1-4 which used to be why we did GE in the first place. And Level 5 makes no sense at all.. What a missed opportunity to do something exciting! Nothing good I can say about GE5. I did about half of it, and there is just nothing to motivate me to buy those boost buildings and/or spend goods to finish.

You said you're still "rebalancing" the GE overhaul -- if that means you'll throw the whole thing out, and ask your members what's important/interesting to them then RUN don't walk and trash this thing and start over. To me, this new "gutted" GE with the meaningful rewards removed from levels 1-4 and replaced with fragments of fragments and useless old junk (tribal squares) is a complete bore and not worth the time to do. And GE 5 is not worth the investment needed to play it.

Last edited:

JJ597

Let's give INNO some credit, they did update the GE rewards (fps instead of Victory towers), now allow us to sell fragments in the antique dealer! The downside, and it's a BIG one, is the removal/reduction in diamond awards available in GE 1-4. I've added additional worlds to diamond farm in GE, since I cannot get WW like other players. That incentive is now gone! I've bought diamonds and the 14.99 event rewards in the past. I will not spend $ on this game, given the diamond reward removal from GE. If not changed, I may stop playing altogether.

UBERhelp1

Other than the fragments, GE 5 is pretty solid. Yeah, you can't complete it right now. But would you want to? What would the point of there being a feature implemented that would just further cement the current meta or one that you could easily complete the week it was launched? At the very least, GE 5 is a step towards a more balanced game where negotiators and city defense could be viable options. Is it a big step? Yes. But again, it's a hill to be climbed, not something meant to be aced upon release.

I make enough goods as it is that GE 5 isn't really that bad. I'll need to work on raising my goods production over time to complete it consistently, but overall it's a nice addition. If you went straight attack boost, maybe take this as a warning to start becoming a more well-rounded player. I expect future features to follow this trend of alternative strategies other than attack boosts.

In all honesty, the only changes that I think should be made are:
  • Some method of reducing fragments (I understand why it was done, but still annoying)
  • Combine the FoY and FoY Shrink Kit fragments into one selection kit
  • Maybe buff diamonds? But it's completely understandable why that was nerfed; we were making a killing
  • Rebalancing of the fortifications. Maybe for the negotiation ones, you have to fight to build them, instead of spending goods?
And for those of you saying you'll go to another game - which ones? FoE is still remarkably better than comparable games, especially if you play it on browser, in terms of monetization, ads, and game design.

Darkest.Knight

It's nice to c diamond rewards in lvl4, I'll wait until tomorrow check my luck. If I didn't already have 65 one-up kits the fragments would be good, combined with my 50 rejuv kits I should be good when new era comes out. Face of Ancients, Gate of the Sungod, Skywatch and Tribal Square are pretty low value, as is Fountain of Youth, I'll use some Ritual Flames, if I think they'll help w/lvl5; at least will get Terrace Farm or upgrade which is worth something, lol, not to use but to sell.

Be Chuille

5 April:"Complete 7 encounters by fighting OR Acquire some (1 - 2) sectors without ‎fighting"‎
Encounters usually means anyplace that you can fight or negotiate. Can be GBG, GE, quests, continent map, etc.
If it needs to be Guild Expedition encounters, it specifies that.

Johnny B. Goode

Encounters usually means anyplace that you can fight or negotiate. Can be GBG, GE, quests, continent map, etc.
If it needs to be Guild Expedition encounters, it specifies that.
No it does not. If it is fights anywhere , it says "Win x fights" Encounters is only in GE so if you are at the end of SAJM and finished the map it may lock you on the undoable level 5. The exception is "Win x battles" where x is the unit count per wave x the number of waves. Usually in the 48 - 64 battles range.
If you hover over the tooltip for that task, it clearly says that it means fighting in GE.

CDmark

I read the announcement and was concerned at first. But, I found it, GE level 3 selection kit, tribal squares still available, phew...NOT

I joined beta, figured IA city to do events ahead of time. So I will see how it goes, GE1-4. I will never do GE5 there, not the goal of the player. One thing I mentioned, no chance for champs or rogues. Those are very helpful to newer players. Also, doing GE live, I noticed that the extra attempts are given with the FP reward, 2nd encounter of each quadrant. Why not give it with the coin/supplies 1st encounter of each quadrant? You give more FPs but water it down a bit by including the attempts as part of the posible reward. I just started GE on live server but I am guessing the medals are gone too, another new player handy item. They made a few adjustments based on beta responses in GE1-4 but I think they were expecting them. So, they fixed some things with the fragments and selection kits but kept the FOY reduction and diamond heist the same. Why do obvious things, like too many fragments needed for rewards. So we can get an improvement cookie. I think the development team knows the game well enough, so that is just playing games with the players.

I watched all the videos and read all the beta forum for GE5 changes. Basically, in my opinion, GE5 should have never been tested on beta, here is why. They were not planning to change it all so why waste the time of beta players. What,, help fix the little things like "there is a typo on encounter 6 reward" or "it says 5/200 fragments but it should be 5/100". Honestly,. do it yourself, you are getting paid. The goods spent by beta players to complete it, lots, hasn't changed based on wikia. They inflated the stats of the opposing army E9 to E16, then reduced them 20%, That was the "here is your cookie, we value your opinion". Again, let's be honest, no you don't. Just be honest and treat players like adults. We may fight like kids but we are adults. The statues for negotiations, choice of 3, only one helps, the Tlacotzontli Statue, takes it from 10 options to 9.

I also asked for the complete list of opposing army stats for all ages to be posted somewhere, it has to exist. Nothing, let wikia do it.

For the record, I do not mind the use of city defense for GE5. I do not mind that it can not be battled to completion by over 99.9% of the players. I accept it as a new challenge. I think upgrades will be coming out, like a golden Gov Villa, will add on city defense stats too, just an example. I can see event buildings having multiple A/D, now including city defense stats. Sure, some strategy choices will have to be made, fine by me. The problem with the 500 city defense potions I have, need ones for attack, otherwise it is still an encounter lost with no attack improvements.

I posted they should let the live world know, GE5 will require city defense army stats as a courtesy because of the Phantom Tower of Conjunction event building. Sure, it would also trigger the $15 spend line possibility, but I consider that fair, players choice. I didn't think they were gonna release it, oh well.

Portraits in GE5 as a reward is an insult, no other way to put it. That 10% could easily be some diamonds, not 50, like 100+, to help with the cost to negotiate GE5,,,,you will spend diamonds and probably the diamonds you made in GE1-4, so GE will be net zero diamonds

Ziddim

after years of having a city defense that was useless i changed my city around and sold off all my city defense (i had a defense of 2500+and couldn't stop from being plundered) so i sold it all off and just collected on time and restructured my city for nutcrackers and now you come out with a ge 5 that needs a city defense in order to accomplish anything .I for one will not be doing this new ge 5 . seriously now you come with fragments of useless buildings hardly anyone will actually use . just more for the antique dealer . this is starting to suck

CDmark

after years of having a city defense that was useless i changed my city around and sold off all my city defense (i had a defense of 2500+and couldn't stop from being plundered) so i sold it all off and just collected on time and restructured my city for nutcrackers and now you come out with a ge 5 that needs a city defense in order to accomplish anything .I for one will not be doing this new ge 5 . seriously now you come with fragments of useless buildings hardly anyone will actually use . just more for the antique dealer . this is starting to suck
I was upset I sold my Athlon Abbey, but you got me beat by miles. That is gonna be the thing that burns up a few players, getting rid of things that now become important.

Xenosaur

@CDmark said: I do not mind the use of city defense for GE5. I do not mind that it can not be battled to completion by over 99.9% of the players.

This is precisely why this is a fully (not partially) flawed strategy, including the fact it's EXCLUSIONARY.

EVERY OTHER VENUE for fighting, even new ones (PvP Arena, GbG, etc) start users at the beginning of the journey in fighting. GbG has 5 leagues of increasing accomplishment to get to DIAMOND. GE has 3 difficulty levels to get to Diff 4 - claimed as "the ultimate fire and brimstone" fighting experience!
I haven't played PvP Arena in a while, but it's the same concept, you grow your abilities, you work UP the ladder.But not with GE 5. It's cobbled together, and bolted on to a fabulous and fun game venue. They kept it secret for MONTHS. Had we known this was going to happen, we'd tell them - Forget about it.

It's crossed the design line. It's a non sequitur.

Inno would have been make (clone) a MUCH BETTER offering and letting us warm to GE defense playing, a parallel design to offense playing. They should have been addressing it as they did for ALL other fighting venues - incrementally.

Not bolting it on to a totally different type of venue, because they can. This was ill-conceived, and not well through out.

What adds insult to injury is they are NOT LISTENING to anyone. This feels like it's a desperate move - poor strategy, fast implementation, stop the financial hemorrhage - or so they think. Based on the reaction in beta and now here, I'm not sure they'll achieve a financial goal. They sure kicked the hive, though.

It wouldn't take much to DEFENSE track a 4-difficulty GE, that people could all grow into - incrementally. The game shell is built already. Implemented with a proper strategy, they'd get more revenue than doing what they're doing now - which really seems like they've lost their way - completely.

Last edited:

KeithOfTheForge

This is exactly the problem. If you had 5,000 defense in your city, you would still lose defending and get plundered so nobody bothered with defense and just went with attack. Now, all of a sudden, they say everyone needs thousands of defense for the new GE? It makes zero sense.

KeithOfTheForge

No it does not. If it is fights anywhere , it says "Win x fights" Encounters is only in GE so if you are at the end of SAJM and finished the map it may lock you on the undoable level 5. The exception is "Win x battles" where x is the unit count per wave x the number of waves. Usually in the 48 - 64 battles range.
When there is an or, if one of the tasks cannot be completed (ie end of map), it will automatically complete the quest.

Pericles the Lion

"We will pass this feedback to the developers"

Biggest lie told by FoE support and staff.
I have no reason to believe that the CMs do not pass feedback on to the Devs. The thing is that, afaik, the Devs have never committed to responding to player feedback or ever agreed to implementing suggestions that were communicated in feedback threads. I don't think, for a second, that the Devs failed to anticipate player reactions to the changes in L1-4 or L5 in its entirety. They knew how the majority would react and pressed on nonetheless.

Insatiable1

Inno Logic...If it's running fine, we'll break it.
(Also Inno-Logic...if there is rampant cheating, we'll ignore it [GvG] )

What the heck, Inno? GE5 shows us all just how cheap you've become. The "fragments" of everything is beyond cheap and annoying. Taking away diamond rewards is also cheap.

Ok, time for everyone to chime in and take a guess on which admin jumps in and chastises me for not thinking that Inno is the bees knees. We all know how this works. You can say whatever you want as long as you say Inno is great.

LoveNkind

Can't believe this is coming to live without addressing the beta complaints.
My beta guild didn't even open lvl 5 after week one of this garbage and still takes first place every week.
Another huge nail in the coffin of Fragments of Empires!
I HATE fragments. With the numbers of gates of the Sun God and skywatches and Face of the jungle I have, I can see why the devs are going for fragments now. But I have been looking for another game half-heartedly already.
If they have removed the diamonds from GE and switched to fragments, I will look much more actively.