• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Unit stacking Feature

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
This feature will be delayed due to some last minute issues.

Thank you for your understanding.

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
@LeCron Is there any word on how long it's going to be delayed? I was excited to see the announcement, not so much to see the follow-up post though lol
Hopefully soon - in one or two updates after some fine-tuning, but I'm afraid I can't give you a definite ETA at this point. I will keep you posted as soon as we have more information.

xivarmy

Good question because I need to see it to understand what it's about.

I don't even know what the update means or what it's going to change.
It means your attack window will look like this:

1683261840926.png

It's got some irritating details still with injured units and stuff, but it's generally much better at letting you select a new army quickly than the old interface. As well as giving you a better sense of if you're running out of things.

But beta's also had some baseline functionality issues (crashes, stalls, etc) since around the time this test got deployed, so perhaps that's connected - and if so it's good they're holding it back til they get them figured out.

Mor-Rioghain

I was likewise dissapointed to hear about the delay; however, would also very much like to see what the display would look like, if that's possible? Can't we get a sneak-peek? :)

Pikkin6

Why are damaged units taking priority in the troop list and listed individually? This is stupid and is worse than the old way. I don't care about the update making troops stacked I didn't need it, but I'll adjust to it. Just fix it so it moves the damaged units to the far, far right and lock the healthy ones on the left otherwise you're still clicking tabs or scrolling and now digging through damaged garbage.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-15 075840.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-15 075840.png
    305.3 KB · Views: 6

Be Chuille

Whoever thought it was a good idea to change how the military units are grouped... what were you thinking?
You have made it easier for bots to select units.

Last edited:

Xenosaur

Why are damaged units taking priority in the troop list and listed individually? This is stupid and is worse than the old way. I don't care about the update making troops stacked I didn't need it, but I'll adjust to it. Just fix it so it moves the damaged units to the far, far right and lock the healthy ones on the left otherwise you're still clicking tabs or scrolling and now digging through damaged garbage.
Beta testing yielded this exact point from many players about where it puts the damaged units. It wasn't changed from that design format in live (here). It was FIXED (we hope) to stop voraciously eating up client CPU cycles...

All we can do is re-suggest damaged unit placement... again....

Last edited: