• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.214

BruteForceAttack

BTW Folks if you manage/play battle grounds there are multiple problems with the latest app version , try and not update your app until hot fix is released.... 1.213... good.... 1.214... as of now not good :)

Last edited:

Agent327

Player stats and city visits provide clues as to what a player has done with the game and past performance is generally a good predictor of future potential. It's pretty easy to differentiate between casual play and elite play.

Player stats and city visits provide a clue on what a player is doing with the game. Not what he has done with the game. Now be so kind to stay on topic. This is a feedback thread. Player experience isn't relevant at all.

Sledgie

BTW Folks if you manage/play battle grounds there are multiple problems with the latest app version , try and not update your app until hot fix is released.... 1.213... good.... 1.214... as of now not good :)
I was forced to update my app because I couldn't access battlegrounds without an update. After updating I had issues with the game crashing until I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

Lord Pest

what luck… I just updated my iPad it 1.214… and I run our GBG during the day.

iPenguinPat

Unless you are a "whale" and spend thousands of dollars on diamonds a month, I really doubt you'll put a dent in Inno profit margin.

This is not accurate. There are plenty of whales that don't get their way. (See the recurring quest limit as an example. Lots of angry whales.)

Inno makes most of their money off players in the 0-9 month range. Those are the players that matter, sadly for end game players.

This change doesn't really affect new players. They don't know better...

Johnny B. Goode

This is not accurate. There are plenty of whales that don't get their way. (See the recurring quest limit as an example. Lots of angry whales.)
Reread it. Of course it's accurate. Are you saying that an average player that stops spending will make a dent in Inno's profit margin? Not all, but just one?
Can you show evidence for that, or is it just your opinion?
Unless he's an actual Inno employee in the financial department, of course it's merely his opinion. They obviously do make money off those players, but only Inno knows what percentage it is of the total revenue stream.

iPenguinPat

Can you show evidence for that, or is it just your opinion?
Reread it. Of course it's accurate. Are you saying that an average player that stops spending will make a dent in Inno's profit margin? Not all, but just one?

Unless he's an actual Inno employee in the financial department, of course it's merely his opinion. They obviously do make money off those players, but only Inno knows what percentage it is of the total revenue stream.

Of course, I can. Being a whale doesn't move the needle either.

Source: InnoGames Capital Markets Day Report, March 2019.

If I'm allowed to link to an mtg property, I can give you the direct link, or you can send me a PM and I'll send it to you.

2021-10-04_19-08-50.jpg

Edit: I have been watching inno/mtg publications carefully for the last 12 months. This explains every head scratching change. End game players, even whales, are a very small slice of their income. Max profit is with acquiring and optimizing new players. No sense in investing resources into the end game players. Best to just let habit/addiction run it's course.

Last edited:

Agent327

If I'm allowed to link to an mtg property, I can give you the direct link, or you can send me a PM and I'll send it to you.

March 2019 is supposed to be relevant to the current situation?

Just a wild guess, but could it be that long time players spend less, cause by playing the game they can easier collect diamonds and that is something Inno knows?

-Athena-

If I am not mistaken this thread was created for the purpose of receiving feedback. And I don't recall reading that feedback had to only be positive. Why have a feedback thread if someone didn't truly want to know what people think whether it was good, bad or somewhere in between. And to dress down people for not sharing the same opinion and telling them they need to adapt is truly not in the spirit of what this thread was created for.

And there is nothing wrong with "negative" feedback or constructive criticism. The fact that people are here willing to give feedback means they care enough to tell InnoGames how to possibly improve their game. Wouldn't you rather have players who care and are passionate about this game? I would think forum volunteers would be supportive, not combative.

My feedback is this....... the Heal All Button is too close to the OK button as shown below in my SS of a fight in GvG. Tonight I did click the Heal All by accident in another fight when going for the OK button. 61 Diamonds poof gone....I can afford it but it's the principle of the thing. There are others who it could become costly for. I am a precise and fast fighter so I hope to not have any more accidental hits but I am human. And one could say slow down but fighting is about speed as in a duel. You want to be the fastest or you're dead. Suggestion: Move the Heal all button to above the 8 units in Your Army.

1633415460530.png

strugure

The Heal all button aligned with the OK was done to slow down the game , is the end of the fast clicking GvG fighting, most probably Inno is parking this game now to the + 80 years old not minding that much on spending diamonds or flooding support with tickets when this happens.
Inno really doesn't care about its players.
What's the end game with this Heal all button? Kill GvG?

The Lady Redneck

The Heal all button aligned with the OK was done to slow down the game , is the end of the fast clicking GvG fighting, most probably Inno is parking this game now to the + 80 years old not minding that much on spending diamonds or flooding support with tickets when this happens.
Inno really doesn't care about its players.
What's the end game with this Heal all button? Kill GvG?

First I am not+ 80 years old. I do fight fast as I can in GvG and GBG. But I do know some +80 yr old players who I will never catch up with as far as speed clicking goes. An no they are not using bots. And because they are + 80 they have lived through some tough times. So are a lot more cautious about where they spend their cash. They enjoy the challenge of getting everything the game has to offer without doing so. They also know to much about the game to flood support with tickets. Unless their concern is genuine. This game has been running for a long time. Those players who are +80 are the ones who could probably teach you how to work round all of the stupid stuff some of the dumber devs have foisted on the game. They see it as simply one more challenge.

But If the HA button was dreamt up as an attempt to slow GvG or GBG fighting down, for players who are over 80 years old, or get more money out of them, that makes it even more ludicrous. All that would do is really throw doubt on the ability and indeed sanity of those whose job it is to move the game forward. That being said I still agree with the majority who say it is in the wrong place.

Maybe if I am still playing the game when I do reach 80 my speed will be up on a parr with those players. If it is that will be awesome!!!

Last edited:

tuco013

Yes it will slow me down, but not just me. It will slow everybody down, so I still have a level playing field. I need to pay a little more attention to be fast, but that will become something I will be used to in no time. Not really that big a deal.
It is a big deal!!Not only the unnecessary aid all button right above ok button but the clicking configuration in GVG!Its bad enough the cheaters who use Bots already have an advantage but reconfiguring the clicking when fighting in GVG just gave them an even more advantage!

There's no reason Inno can't make the button half the size and move it all the way to the left so its not above the ok button.

Fact is, the rest of the players have probably come to accept that Inno does NOT care about it's customers. Another FACT...is that the title of the thread is FEEDBACK on the latest Update. NOT ALL feedback is positive, which is why MOST companies ask for feedback. Most companies try to make their customer base happy. Unfortunately, Inno does not share that sentiment. If they did, they would have rewrote the script for GvG to make it available on mobile, and added more maps for the ages above FE...which is what their customer base asked for. Inno will soon learn this when people stop buying Diamonds and stop playing altogether. Also...people started complaining before GBG started because of a thing called BETA...where they test out these new updates on a small amount of players, and some of those beta players posted videos on it on youtube. So, I fail to see how you can say they made up their minds before even seeing it in action. Also...I am pretty sure that there is more than the members of one guild in this thread. This was only day one...give it time. Most of us hate this new update. And Yes, the button is in the way, especially if you fight in GvG.
well said... you can no longer fight fast in gvg and it is harder to fight which makes it no fun. and i agree Inno does not seem to want to make their customers happy. and im so very tired of it.

This heal all button breaks combat on PC. GBG is not fun on PC after these changes, simple as that. I have spent the better part of the last year in game designing my city so that I can battle as quickly as possible in GBG only to have inno come along and break the game, essentially making all of that effort a complete waste. Who in their right mind would invest time and or money into a game that blatantly rips off it's customers like that? Why play when they just change the rules if you do too well? Even before these changes were implemented I had noticed that the OK button would move around in GBG, just to try and slow me down.

On the bright side, this change does seem to have cured my FOE addiction.
i agree with this as well. i built my city around fighting in gvg. i spent time, effort and diamonds building up my attack so i could be a fast effective fighter and inno comes along once again and breaks the game.

It is a big deal!!Not only the unnecessary aid all button right above ok button but the clicking configuration in GVG!Its bad enough the cheaters who use Bots already have an advantage but reconfiguring the clicking when fighting in GVG just gave them an even more advantage!

There's no reason Inno can't make the button half the size and move it all the way to the left so its not above the ok button.
it is a blatant attempt from inno to get people to accidentally hit the heal all button and waste diamonds. the devs need to listen to their customers and re-align the buttons so we can all fast fight in gvg and gbg and not just the people who use macros and bots. im so unhappy with this change. and im sick and tired of having to fight with inno over and over again about this issue.

Edit: I have been watching inno/mtg publications carefully for the last 12 months. This explains every head scratching change. End game players, even whales, are a very small slice of their income. Max profit is with acquiring and optimizing new players. No sense in investing resources into the end game players. Best to just let habit/addiction run it's course.
well this is just discouraging. and it makes sense. this is why inno doesnt listen to their players. i guess the only recourse is to give bad reviews and post on FB, tik-tok and other social media outlets.

it seems to me tho they should strive to keep all of their customers happy. and not just go for the money grab.

Last edited:

boeffie

Yes, the HA button is there for a reason, as it could have been in a lot of other places, and it isn't.
Yes, I have lost diamonds.
Yes, we can adapt to slower GBG/GVG.
Yes, my wrist can not adapt well to more movement.
Yes, I lose interest, GBG taking a lot of my fights, and accordingly my wrist hurts every night.
Yes I will look for a game where devs take into account people's feedback, and physical wellbeing.