• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.234

GeniePower

we'd appreciate if you submit a ticket with a proper bug report so we can investigate it properly.
Too funny:
* RQs freezing - we are aware that the recurring quests are not working as intended, and we're already looking into it. No need to send a ticket.

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
Too funny:
* RQs freezing - we are aware that the recurring quests are not working as intended, and we're already looking into it. No need to send a ticket.

When it comes to this point, it's simply because we've already collected enough cases and all the necessary information to forward a bug report. It is acknowledged by the relevant teams. From now on, it's on them to resolve the issue, and a new ticket is no longer necessary.

The instruction isn't funny, it's clear and informative. Isn't it? :)

DevaCat

speak for yourself, I am thrilled with his response. It seems like something's finally changing for the better with Inno's communication.

What "compensation" would be anything more than a token? once you've built a city for years, the kind of "compensation" other games give are completely useless. Spend the time on fixing more bugs and researching potential features that won't piss off the player base (I'm looking at you siege camp change) rather than writing a compensation system.
Tend to your knitting and I will tend to mine. I am speaking for myself. And they do not need to write any compensation system - the mechanics already exist. Getting any compensation is not the point. Customer relations is the point. LeCron has no control over what the Inno team will or will not do, and I don’t hold him responsible for the miserable record of Inno’s response to their customers. I mentioned another game’s policy of compensation as a contrast to what we experience here. There, a simple 5 minute server glitch is followed by prompt acknowledgement, apologies, and (non-trivial) compensation to everyone, not just those who happened to have been affected.

Warrior Wombat

Regarding the RQ issue, I have found (and has been verified by another player) that if you close the quest window and wait 4-5 seconds (you can try to reopen it during this time - it just won't)) and reopen it, it will be where you left off. Darn right annoying.

Warrior Wombat

GeniePower

Sad that they found the fix it in Beta a week before - https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...ly-changelog-w-c-27th-june.15639/#post-136817

One must question the logic of releasing the update if they knew there was an issue with it.
Exactly what I said after the first time I was asked to put in a ticket.
Regarding the RQ issue, I have found (and has been verified by another player) that if you close the quest window and wait 4-5 seconds (you can try to reopen it during this time - it just won't)) and reopen it, it will be where you left off. Darn right annoying.
Correct. Also, watch the scroll-bar. When moving to the next quest, the bar jumps down and than up a little again. You have to wait until it has jumped up before aborting and you won't encounter the bug.
This is imo more proof that this bug was introduced again in an attempt to throttle something presumably to counter automation and instead severely affecting real players

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
Unfortunately we don't know the reasoning, but if it hasn't been fixed yet is because they couldn't. Yet, the update had other fixes and features that were necessary to the game, therefore they wouldn't postpone this one over this bug.

We know and understand it's frustrating, and we feel your pain as well - I'm sorry.
We've been forwarding the feedback over this matter to the relevant teams so hopefully such a thing won't happen again (or at least less often - I repeat: we'd never deploy a bug intentionally).

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

DevaCat

Unfortunately we don't know the reasoning, but if it hasn't been fixed yet is because they couldn't. Yet, the update had other fixes and features that were necessary to the game, therefore they wouldn't postpone this one over this bug.

We know and understand it's frustrating, and we feel your pain as well - I'm sorry.
We've been forwarding the feedback over this matter to the relevant teams so hopefully such a thing won't happen again (or at least less often - I repeat: we'd never deploy a bug intentionally).

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
I appreciate your attention to this issue, and I understand the limits of what you and your team can do about it. I do hope you will forward to the appropriate Inno folks that this is an increasingly intrusive and aggravating issue for many of us. Please ask them to get their ad issues under control, and if they are still working on scripts or bots - figure out a different fix. Inno is only pi**ing people off.

JSWilabay

Please read about update 1.234 here and give your feedback below.
I am concerned about the new good Promethius? My map does not have any on my expansion and in the GB it is requesting this good for negotiation. Is that intentional to buy them at an outrageous amount of 100 diamonds?

Pericles the Lion

I am concerned about the new good Promethius? My map does not have any on my expansion and in the GB it is requesting this good for negotiation. Is that intentional to buy them at an outrageous amount of 100 diamonds?
It's off topic but I'll give you an answer. Promethium is a special good obtained by sending the ship from the Arctic Harbor. It is not produced in your city. BTW, due to its scarcity, I advise against using it for negotiations.