• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.253

Johnny B. Goode

I have a question, since this update mentions the Wiki. When is it going to be updated? For example (two, actually), the page on Guild Rights/Permissions hasn't been updated in 7 years, and the page on Special Buildings hasn't been updated since at least the middle of last year.

BogeyBrooks38

FOE Team,
I am extremely disappointed in the money grab you have now applied to the game. I have spent hundreds of dollars on the game already and I find it absurd for you to now make me watch an add before I collect an incident or apply boosts in the Tavern. I will no longer be playing or supporting your game as I find this utterly annoying for a game, I have already invested real time and money into to advance and play. I have been a loyal player for years and feel your greed has now tainted what was a great game to play.

Pericles the Lion

It’s 3.99$ to get rid of the ads per month or a little less than a donut and a coffee for something you are probably on for 30 - 40 hours per month.
It's $3.99 per world. If you want to pay it, that is your prerogative. I'm not going to. I uninstalled the app from my phone and will only play on browser now. Well, at least until the ads go on browser then I'll have to make another decision.

With regard to the changes with Aid All and Abort Quest being ""properly greyed out"...you know what you did. The best part about Aid All was that, after fulfilling the motivate/polish quest, you could cycle through the quests AS the painfully slow motivations ran by aborting (12 times) until you reached the motivate/polish quest again...doubling your collection on the same cycle with a bit of patience. I was pretty happy about this trick, but you killed it. This wasn't about "properly greyed out" anything. This was about negating the ability to do double collections. And now we get to just wait while it runs. Very disappointing.

Johnny B. Goode

With regard to the changes with Aid All and Abort Quest being ""properly greyed out"...you know what you did. The best part about Aid All was that, after fulfilling the motivate/polish quest, you could cycle through the quests AS the painfully slow motivations ran by aborting (12 times) until you reached the motivate/polish quest again...doubling your collection on the same cycle with a bit of patience. I was pretty happy about this trick, but you killed it. This wasn't about "properly greyed out" anything. This was about negating the ability to do double collections. And now we get to just wait while it runs. Very disappointing.
Very questionable that you're right about their reason. For one thing, the ages I've been through don't have a "motivate/polish" quest among the RQs, so what would be the point of them having that reasoning?

Pericles the Lion

Very questionable that you're right about their reason. For one thing, the ages I've been through don't have a "motivate/polish" quest among the RQs, so what would be the point of them having that reasoning?
SAAB. SAV. and SAJM all have a "Motivate or Polish X buildings for other players" RQ. Indeed, it was possible to click "Aid All", wait for the RQ to complete, click on "collect" then cycle the RQs to get back to the "Motivate" RQ while the Aid All was still running. It was not unusual for me to get 5 RQs done when aiding the hood/guild/friends. I did it for a while then stopped when I got to SAJM.

Darkest.Knight

Not sure what's to complain about as far as ads r concerned, they count as incidents and u get small rewards, so u do get something. Since I play on both a PC and phone, I never watch the ads and still get the incidence credits.

Johnny B. Goode

SAAB. SAV. and SAJM all have a "Motivate or Polish X buildings for other players" RQ. Indeed, it was possible to click "Aid All", wait for the RQ to complete, click on "collect" then cycle the RQs to get back to the "Motivate" RQ while the Aid All was still running. It was not unusual for me to get 5 RQs done when aiding the hood/guild/friends. I did it for a while then stopped when I got to SAJM.
Well, now I've learned something. Not that I would find it worth it to do, but that's just me.

Pericles the Lion

I just tested this for myself. Now, when "Aid All" is running, none of the quest abort buttons work. All are greyed out and seem to be slowly flashing. Happens even if the "Motivate of Polish" RQ is not active. ???

I just tested this for myself. Now, when "Aid All" is running, none of the quest abort buttons work. All are greyed out and seem to be slowly flashing. Happens even if the "Motivate of Polish" RQ is not active. ???
Didn't do that before the update. Once the aid all script is done collecting, the buttons return to normal.

Well, now I've learned something. Not that I would find it worth it to do, but that's just me.
If you tend to use "collect all" button, you would have missed this. If you're like me and like to "work" your collections manually to make the most out of your quest lines and special collections, it would be easily discovered.

Johnny B. Goode

If you tend to use "collect all" button, you would have missed this. If you're like me and like to "work" your collections manually to make the most out of your quest lines and special collections, it would be easily discovered.
What I learned is that there is a motivation/polish RQ in higher eras that I've not gotten to, so I didn't "miss" anything. And I don't "maximize" my RQs during collection because the little bit extra is not worth the bother to me. I also only use the "collect all" button on one of my worlds because I decided to quit giving back Diamonds for no reason.

Dursland

Unit packages would only reward players with bronze age units (hotfixed earlier).

I'm glad they hotfixed this instead of waiting until tomorrow, I just got the units package in the event. Checked and still at 0 bronze age units so all good lol.

Dursland

I didn't realize this was a bug or glitch. If it's been "hotfixed" (a term I'm not familiar with outside of your context) it didn't seem to work on mine. I don't know about unit packages but as recently as about 3 a.m. U.S. server, I was running RQs during a collection and had the buttons gray out on me.
I was commenting on units, yours is an unrelated problem.

It's because of a change in the last update or two - while you use aid all, abort quest button is greyed out. So that's what's happening. You can't abort quests while you are m/p'ing anymore.

For future reference, a hotfix means something that was fixed immediately rather than waiting until the next update.