• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.271

wiserpenny

• We heard your feedback and made some adjustments to the way units are displayed in the army management. It's all about organization! Now, all damaged units will be sorted behind all healthy ones. This will make it easier for you to see the overall health of your army at a glance

A lot of us do not like this change at all. It does not add value for more active players seems to be the consensus. You’re creating a movement of troops with no real reason. Now primary units are plopping randomly in rogues, which most of us use, making it harder to swap them out than if they just stay to the far left like they used to. When those troops die because they get lost in there all our rogues die. Which is sad.

Not saying turn it off, as some may like it. But would be great if there was a way to toggle it off just like some of the other troop inventory features in settings.

Xenosaur

A lot of us do not like this ...
You can't say that. It's the same as me saying "A lot of people like this..." Both are wrong and not truly representative of the game playing population. When a string of actual people speaking their voices here in this forum indicate their preferences, it's more compelling to form a true perspective on the quality of a feature change.

Speak for yourself, it caries more weight.

When you try to represent the opinion of others, en masse, your now discounted opinion caries less weight because your data gather method are not grounded in facts, and not comprehensive.

Last edited:

Graviton

You can't say that. It's the same as me saying "A lot of people like this..." Both are wrong and not truly representative of the game playing population. When a string of actual people speaking their voices here in this forum indicate their preferences, it's more compelling to form a true perspective on the quality of a feature change.

Speak for yourself, it caries more weight.

When you try to represent the opinion of others, en masse, your now discounted opinion caries less weight because your data gather method are not grounded in facts, and not comprehensive.
Careful, your motives will be questioned and you'll be branded an Inno shill.

Coach Zuck

Can't wait until @xenosaur and @wiserpenny realize they're talking about different things

i don't know why this is so hard for people who post here to understand because it's just going to complicate any feedback to inno.. Assuming that even happens.

Sort by health in the section of the window where you add units to your army = good, everyone agrees this is a good change

whatever the hell is going on in the currently selected army section = horrible, everyone who has fought enough to notice this change and is past some degree of "being active" should agree this is a horrible bug and clearly not the intent of the original feature requests. Nobody would ask for this absolute crap of a bug except maybe Pericles since he loves everything that makes the game worse for others.

Sunslinger

Fix GBG and placing the hand, it doesn’t register immediately to all players in GBG unless you do a specific procedure

Pericles the Lion

Can't wait until @xenosaur and @wiserpenny realize they're talking about different things

i don't know why this is so hard for people who post here to understand because it's just going to complicate any feedback to inno.. Assuming that even happens.

Sort by health in the section of the window where you add units to your army = good, everyone agrees this is a good change

whatever the hell is going on in the currently selected army section = horrible, everyone who has fought enough to notice this change and is past some degree of "being active" should agree this is a horrible bug and clearly not the intent of the original feature requests. Nobody would ask for this absolute crap of a bug except maybe Pericles since he loves everything that makes the game worse for others.
Wrong. I love everything that makes the game worse for you. I do feel a little bad that this sometimes results in collateral damage. ;)

Calvinball96

Army Management
  • We heard your feedback and made some adjustments to the way units are displayed in the army management. It's all about organization! Now, all damaged units will be sorted behind all healthy ones. This will make it easier for you to see the overall health of your army at a glance.

Sorry... I think this is something that I would prefer to have as a toggle switch like how Unit Stacking is currently implemented. Giving us the option of whether we want it or not rather than just saying "everyone gets it"

Army Management
  • We heard your feedback and made some adjustments to the way units are displayed in the army management. It's all about organization! Now, all damaged units will be sorted behind all healthy ones. This will make it easier for you to see the overall health of your army at a glance.

How can we see things "at a glance" when the rogues are in two different places – separated by dozens of other units? This new system seems to be assuming that everyone wants to fight with an army of 8 undamaged units. Not so! ... especially with the way the artificial "intelligence" works.

How can InnoGames designers not know these things? Do they not play the game much and, therefore, not know it as well as we do?

If you want to deliberately use any unit with one or two hit points, you now have to hunt for it – which creates delay when you're engaging in dozens of very quick, back-to-back battles. Before this change, moderately damaged units were right next to the stack of healthy ones.

When attacking with 1 ordinary unit and 7 rogues, the ordinary unit now winds up buried in the middle of the pack after the battle – which also creates delay when trying to replace the ordinary unit with a fresh one each time.

Last edited:
Not enjoying this improvement. It makes harder to follow the health bar of damaged units (non rogues), particularly, when need to fight fast and the damaged troops (non rogue) keep changing their places in the army.
This new change makes it even more difficult when fighting with advanced age units to make sure you don't accidentally lose one, when the one advanced age unit dances around from position to position this greatly slows down fighting speed, the currently selected army needs to be exempt from the new changes.

Johnny B. Goode

This change does not slow down fighting speed. It does slow down auto battle clicking, which is not the same thing. The change to the available units is great, and the very minor initial inconvenience of actually having to pay attention in between battles is actually an improvement to the game. Maybe once the auto-clickers slow down a little bit, they'll learn how to actually play the game.

Alexander Polar

I absolutely HATE the new army management! If you use rogue it makes it very confusing if you need to swap out your damaged regular units, it slows down how you fight, especially for the ones who fight fast and fight a lot.

The new order is good for the "all units", but definitely a disaster for the selected fighting units.

Sharmon the Impaler

I absolutely HATE the new army management! If you use rogue it makes it very confusing if you need to swap out your damaged regular units, it slows down how you fight, especially for the ones who fight fast and fight a lot.

The new order is good for the "all units", but definitely a disaster for the selected fighting units.
I can't see a developer look at that and say "Yes , it's ready for release" The selected window is a hot mess when the units are mixed.

Sharmon the Impaler

This change does not slow down fighting speed. It does slow down auto battle clicking, which is not the same thing. The change to the available units is great, and the very minor initial inconvenience of actually having to pay attention in between battles is actually an improvement to the game. Maybe once the auto-clickers slow down a little bit, they'll learn how to actually play the game.
In your own words a different style doesn't make it a wrong way to do it , just a different way.