• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for version 1.260

jimakoskx

Yet another update with no fix for the broken inventory on mobile
hey Bee !!...He propably mean (ask) from us to tell our opinion for the ugrades that they have work on them and can be seen in the given link.
Not to (again) "grap" them like they are our slaves !!! (hehehhe) :) :) :) :D

Pericles the Lion

For a brief moment I had my hopes up when I read about the change to PvP attempts. Thanks for "fixing" the part about filling the bar when using diamonds to buy extra attempts. Maybe add an option to buy bulk with medals (up to the limit) instead of the annoying need to buy them one at a time? Does anyone actually buy extra PvP attempts with diamonds? Not me.

Pericles the Lion

That whole announcement was a horrible read! I agree with @Johnny B. Goode , stop trying to be cute and just inform us of the changes!! Do you honestly believe us to be incapable of reading text above a 4th grade reading level?
Some of us actually enjoy a bit of lighthearted banter from the CMs. It's a game. :)
And what on Earth is the deal with the so-called change/fix/whatever it was (unclear language!!) on the GE L4 Kit rewards about shrinking buildings? I certainly do not remember any annoucement regarding this issue. Again - with the lack of communication due to poor choice of words! "What" building(s) could be shrunk? Do you mean the wishing wells or the fountains of youth? Both? Neither? Some of the new buildings?
What's so hard to understand?
  • Items
    • The Guild Expedition Level 4 Selection Kit did mention it can be used to shrink a building. As much as some may wish for the Terrace Farm to be shrinkable, this text was incorrect. We have removed that part.
The L4 Selection Kit (TF and TF Upgrade) used to imply that it would also shrink the TF. This was an error (previously discussed on the Forum but I can't find a link). They fixed the error.

UBERhelp1

And what on Earth is the deal with the so-called change/fix/whatever it was (unclear language!!) on the GE L4 Kit rewards about shrinking buildings? I certainly do not remember any annoucement regarding this issue. Again - with the lack of communication due to poor choice of words! "What" building(s) could be shrunk? Do you mean the wishing wells or the fountains of youth? Both? Neither? Some of the new buildings?
Back when GE 5 was first tested on Beta, the Fountain of Youth and its Shrink Kit were part of the GE Level 4 Kit. As such, the text included info saying that you could use it to shrink buildings, referring to the FoY. But the FoY and its Shrink Kit were removed from the kit prior to GE 5 launching on live servers.

The problem is that the text relating to shrinking buildings was still hanging around, so they've removed it finally.

This is what it looked like prior to this update:
1688569713676.png

Johnny B. Goode

What's so hard to understand?
  • Items
    • The Guild Expedition Level 4 Selection Kit did mention it can be used to shrink a building. As much as some may wish for the Terrace Farm to be shrinkable, this text was incorrect. We have removed that part.
The L4 Selection Kit (TF and TF Upgrade) used to imply that it would also shrink the TF. This was an error (previously discussed on the Forum but I can't find a link). They fixed the error.
While that isn't as bad, it's really the Virtual Future items that are not very clear at all. I only knew what they meant because I watched @UBERhelp1's video first.

Pericles the Lion

As one of their consumers I not only expect but I demand that they be above the bar in their ability to communicate effectively!! (I find it beyond the height of irony - and yes, hubris - that people who not only work in the computer industry but are also in some way a part of the implementation of the design and development of software are negligant, oblivious, or just plain too arrogant to remember that all computing devices that have corrective text software are designed and manufactured to be packaged and sold in the "on" position!).
Since you are obsessed with proper grammar, spelling, syntax, and the like, I will assume that your choice of the word "consumer" was deliberate. For the past three years, with the exception of a single $14.99 purchase during the last Winter Event, I have been a consumer of FoE, not a "customer". As such, I make no demands of INNO. I consider myself more of a "squatter", I contribute nothing to their bottom line. Instead, I reap the benefits of playing their game at a de minimis cost to me and set my expectations of them much lower than I would expect paying customers do. If you were to better align your expectations with your spending on the game I think you will be much happier. Regardless, I really doubt that INNO is very concerned about your demands. In my experience, some customers are not worth the effort to keep.

Last edited:

Graviton

And some of us just want the facts. I rather keep my frivolous and free-spirited side to the actual play of the game and keep my information source clear and simple. Of course the banter is nice but it would be nicer if the actual message weren't muddied by the poor choice of words, bad grammar, misspellings, and general dislocution from the content they wish to impart. That's not effective, fun communication, that's flippant at it's best and misleading at it's worst. It's not fun: it's boring and it's illiterate, qualities I do not find at all laudable in a computer company that hopes to engender my trust in their product or it's method of delivery to my computing system that also holds private and secure personal information in it's data banks right alongside all of their bits, bytes, and cookies enabling them to - even if they wouldn't - access my system. Who would?

They did a much better job at the fun-factor when they explained birds flying sideways and how they taught them to fly straight. It was light-hearted ands entertaining and the message wasn't lost in the presentation. They've already illustrated that they're capable of clear communication, why not stick with it? I believe you've chosen an extremely poor example of their communicative methods to defend, Sir. There are so many more out there that have achieved Banter Status. What's so hard to understand?

Mistakes happen and that's not at all to what I was referring. Again, what's wrong with choosing clear communication with understandable wording, a base understanding of syntax and it's application in written form, and while I'm wishing for fishes why not a simple and clear understanding of the inherent differences between word definition (vocabulary), lexicon, jargon, and context? They might as well have just removed all of the verbs from the sentences and called it a good day's work! (.....or even still referred to them as sentences despite their lack of verbs?)

It shouldn't be your (or any other gamer's) responsibility to provide links to previous announcements, especially from the Beta Forum, it's theirs. A method of business communication using such a practice fosters an environment where different parties (departments for example) to provide causal communicative links in dated/updated communiuques without loss of content. In fact, the current communique should be able to stand alone and still be understandable by the general reader.

In replying to my post, UberHelp1 accomplished what the developer did not in their changlog: his statement was simple, to the point, and even included a picture of the previous text illustrating the erroneous information. His post leaves nothing to the imagination and answers all possible questions. It might not be humorous but I've already stated my personal preference for clarity over amusement.

• This example includes a screenshot, enabling the reader to see the previous and vague text used in the testing phase, i.e., 'shrink an existing building' but depicting a building that's never been shrinkable before. Communication achieved through the use of simple, clear language and a picture to illustrate the previously erroneous text. No link needed as it's all there in one small package.

• The words "Beta Testing" and "Testing Phase" have long been a thorn in my side. This is not the Beta Forum and I find it more than just annoying, that other players keep bringing it up as if it were a prerequisite to 'earning' a membership to participate in the regular forum!
  • In my opinion, it's just plain lazy and irresponsible, for a company wishing to inform or clear up prior 'muddy' communication to it's consumers by using even less clear examples and incomprehensible syntax and vocabulary. What irony!
  • Inno has already demonstrated time and time again that they are in fact more than capable of dispersing information by good use of grammar, content, context, and salient points by use of links, i.e., including an older publication repreented by the word "here" so I ask again, why not continue such good habits in the interest of clear communication rather than falling prey to vague and confusing jargon?
  • I believe that they should follow their own prior examples of effective communication and keep the forums and their inherently different content completely and totally separate unless they also provide a link to one or the other for those members/players who do not wish to have accounts in each. If keeping those two forums separate is too onerous a task, then why not create just one forum for the Forge of Empires gaming community with separate sub-sections listed as Beta & Live or Testing & Live or something of that nature? (Do try to think of why companies issue such changelogs and other informational updates: they do it to "keep it legal" as the saying goes, i.e., accountability).

The very least they could do is enable their auto- and grammar-correction software so they could stop insulting our intelligence and wasting our time trying to decipher letters and words that seem to have been created more by their backsides sitting on their keyboards than in using their hands and fingers to type them. If they're in such all-fired hurry to slap out a bit of text to accompany each regular update, then at least by exercising that one little option, we'd all be spared the agony: us the mind-boggling chore of making sense out of garbage and hunting down links/old threads to piece the communique together and them to avoid the utter embarrassment of being representatives of one of the most solvent coumputer gaming companies enjoying not just one or two but five of the most popular, computer games in the industry of their type. That fact alone turns this more into a display of misplaced hubris, not humor. As we might say down here in Texas, I believe I've reached my point: They've just gotten too big for their britches.

As one of their consumers I not only expect but I demand that they be above the bar in their ability to communicate effectively!! (I find it beyond the height of irony - and yes, hubris - that people who not only work in the computer industry but are also in some way a part of the implementation of the design and development of software are negligant, oblivious, or just plain too arrogant to remember that all computing devices that have corrective text software are designed and manufactured to be packaged and sold in the "on" position!).

That's a Great Wall of words just to address the attempt at levity in the announcements. Speaking of grammar and clarity I think this forum could use a refresher on proportionality. Speaking of hubris, "demanding" that they write the announcements a certain way is way over the top.

I'll weigh in as enjoying the humorous announcements, so I hope Inno treats this thread as they do most complaints on here.

Johnny B. Goode

Speaking of hubris, "demanding" that they write the announcements a certain way is way over the top.
Nobody's "demanding", we're asking. This is a feedback thread for the announcement, and we're offering our feedback that they have gotten too cute with their announcement style to the detriment of being clear in what they're communicating. To ask an information-sharer to share the information in a clear and concise way is not "demanding" anything more than one should expect from them. I shouldn't have to be on Beta or watch someone's video explanation of a changelog announcement to quickly and easily discern what they're saying.

Pericles the Lion

Nobody's "demanding", we're asking. This is a feedback thread for the announcement, and we're offering our feedback that they have gotten too cute with their announcement style to the detriment of being clear in what they're communicating. To ask an information-sharer to share the information in a clear and concise way is not "demanding" anything more than one should expect from them. I shouldn't have to be on Beta or watch someone's video explanation of a changelog announcement to quickly and easily discern what they're saying.
It was easy to miss in the novella. :)

Johnny B. Goode

It was easy to miss in the novella. :)
Okay, so I'm not demanding. In any case, I know they won't listen because they didn't before when I simply asked that they use US time references instead of German in some of their announcements. I don't even pay attention to whether they ever have time references in any announcements anymore. I suppose they do when they have their "sale" days, but those are so lame I don't even read them.

Graviton

@Pericles the Lion ,If you are going to sling around terms like 'novella,' you might wish to educate yourself on what exactly defines one: Novellas are at a minimum 10,000 words and under no circumstances did I use anywhere close to that. I didn't even use enough to meet the minimums on a novelette, requiring a bare minimum of 7500 words. Using such an innacurate choice of words when upraiding someone (or making light of them) only makes your argument as frivolous and meaningless as you deemed mine.

You don't really think he was calling your post a literal novella. It was sarcasm using exaggeration. And when you write paragraph after paragraph about it, you kind of earned it. (I guess I won't use an emoji to lessen whatever sting that sentence might impart, I'll just tell you that I'm half-joking.)

Misapplication of the word "demand" notwithstanding, my feedback is that, ironically, people are taking the cutesy announcement style way too seriously. But some people here take everything way too seriously. Perspective and proportionality are key.

There are exactly two posts in this thread that deal with the actual changes that were announced. If I were Inno I'd scrap changelog feedback threads all together. They mostly consist of people b***** about something that wasn't fixed yet.

Johnny B. Goode

Misapplication of the word "demand" notwithstanding, my feedback is that, ironically, people are taking the cutesy announcement style way too seriously. But some people here take everything way too seriously. Perspective and proportionality are key.
Well, maybe if your buddy @Pericles the Lion hadn't jumped in to bash anything critical to Inno, it wouldn't have gotten out of hand. Two people saying that the announcements could be clearer is not "taking it too seriously", it's feedback. You know, what this thread is supposed to be about. I couldn't care less whether they stop with the cutesy announcements or not, but saying that they should be clearer is a perfectly acceptable form of feedback. Now why don't you say something about the announcement instead of piling on with your fellow Inno shill just to criticize other people's feedback.

Graviton

Well, maybe if your buddy @Pericles the Lion hadn't jumped in to bash anything critical to Inno, it wouldn't have gotten out of hand. Two people saying that the announcements could be clearer is not "taking it too seriously", it's feedback. You know, what this thread is supposed to be about. I couldn't care less whether they stop with the cutesy announcements or not, but saying that they should be clearer is a perfectly acceptable form of feedback. Now why don't you say something about the announcement instead of piling on with your fellow Inno shill just to criticize other people's feedback.
I did say something about the feedback in my first post (one of those you didn't read when you initially attempted to rebuke me for claiming the word "demand" was used, because it was.) Of course you're right as usual, it only takes one to tango.

Pericles the Lion

When a player agrees with something that another player posts the easy way to communicate this is by using the "like" button. Unfortunately, despite many requests, INNO has not seen fit to provide us with a "dislike" button. As a result, if a player disagrees with another player's feedback the only way to let INNO know is by posting a rebuttal. It's not against any rules to politely disagree with another player's opinion, or feedback.