• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

feedback for Winter event 2023

vickson

either there is a typo or they are planning to change the nutcracker guard house from needing 200 pieces to only needing 100 pieces. please verify on the ketebo and ted candy factory

Dursland

what it intentional or a typo to reduce the FP made by the upgraded Ketebo Candy?
Upgraded Ketebo makes 28fps total. You can see the 20 and 8 are separate, one requires motivation.

Also reduced was the number of houses that would be lit up. I 2022 it was 3, now 2. If Inno wants me to spend $ on this event, that is not the way to get me to do it. Was it that way in BETA?
Yes it was two on beta, it's been changed.

JJ597

Upgraded Ketebo makes 28fps total. You can see the 20 and 8 are separate, one requires motivation.

Yes it was two on beta, it's been change
Number of houses lit reduced by 1/3, were there any complaints on BETA? Was one able to max out the event building reward, with the reduced # of houses?

Number of houses lit reduced by 1/3, were there any complaints on BETA? Was one able to max out the event building reward, with the reduced # of houses?
You can get the event building. It's not possible to max it out without spending diamonds

Pericles the Lion

You can get the event building. It's not possible to max it out without spending diamonds
From what I've read, a patient player can get the maxxed out building without spending diamonds. Enough stars can be obtained, for free, to complete the event building to level 10. The L10 building produces frags to take it to L11 (Silver). The L11 produces frags to take it to L12 (Gold). It just takes time, not diamonds. About 60 days without assistance from a BG.

From what I've read, a patient player can get the maxxed out building without spending diamonds. Enough stars can be obtained, for free, to complete the event building to level 10. The L10 building produces frags to take it to L11 (Silver). The L11 produces frags to take it to L12 (Gold). It just takes time, not diamonds. About 60 days without assistance from a BG.
You aren't getting a maxed building from the event. You just said so yourself.

JJ597

To clarify my original "maxed out event building" means. It means a complete event building, if it has 10 levels, you have upgrades to get it to level 10.

Pericles the Lion

You aren't getting a maxed building from the event. You just said so yourself.
I said no such thing. What I did say is that it is possible to get the Gold level Event building without spending diamonds. It's been this way since the Devs first introduced Event buildings with Silver and Gold levels. If patience isn't your jam then feel free to spend diamonds but it's not necessary.

I said no such thing. What I did say is that it is possible to get the Gold level Event building without spending diamonds. It's been this way since the Devs first introduced Event buildings with Silver and Gold levels. If patience isn't your jam then feel free to spend diamonds but it's not nece
Try to keep up here. A maxed out building has both the silver and gold upgrades. You won't get those upgrades "from the event" without spending diamonds. This differs from past events where you could get those upgrades from the event itself.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

Try to keep up here. A maxed out building has both the silver and gold upgrades. You won't get those upgrades "from the event" without spending diamonds. This differs from past events where you could get those upgrades from the event itself.
The "maxed out" is not close to the "Gold" level and in some cases the gold version can give 30-40% more boost and items than the "maxed out" version. I 100% agree with your statement.

Pericles the Lion

For me to keep pace with you I'd need to slow down. If what you are attempting to communicate is that it is not possible to get the Majestic Winter Wonderland Pyramid (the gold level Event building) during the event - meaning between 1 Dec and 1 Jan - without spending diamonds (or cash) then you are probably correct. Not being able to get the Gold level during the event shouldn't come as a surprise. It's not the first time.

Orius Maximus

Too many buildings only available through Diamond spending and/or cash. I may dabble in this event because it is a simple mini-game, but the days of seriously tackling an event are gone. I am absolutely F2P for the rest of my FoE playing days.

Too many buildings with these events period. Each one does NOT need to release a half dozen new buildings, because that's making the powercreep worse. And it's more stuff to keep track of. Add ONE new building, maybe a second that provides fragments for the new building, as long as it doesn't require real money, though a reasonable amount of diamonds is okay. And at most an upgrade for the previous year's building.

The main building here is very similar to the very outdated Winter Pyramid. I hope the noobs don't get them confused.....

Kind of annoyed with last year's building. I wanted to build Ted, but while doing a last minute check on the two options, the game froze up a bit and I built Ketebo by accident. As I knew that meant I was screwed, I spent the next 15 minutes exploring the outer edges of my vocabulary. It wasn't too much of a loss in the long run, but this year's upgrade makes Ted even better. Maybe I can get enough pieces here to build a proper Ted this time.

Otherwise standard Winter event. I've been playing the game long enough to know what to expect.

Pericles the Lion

Am I the only one UPSET about the change from 1 to 3 houses being lit to 1 to 2 houses? Which means you need to earn even more Stars to get the event building.
Why be upset? Check out the Event mechanics. With daily play and completing all of the quests we should get 2200 stars. These stars will open 220 presents which will provide, at minimum, 220 matches. These matches will light up approximately 330 houses (1.5 lights per match). The Event Building is 10 levels. Three selection kits come from the questline. The remaining seven need to come from lighting up houses. To get these seven, 240 progress is required. Since we can expect 330 progress, getting the seven additional selection kits (without spending diamonds) should not be a problem.