• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

feedback for Winter event 2023

Johnny B. Goode

Why be upset? Check out the Event mechanics. With daily play and completing all of the quests we should get 2200 stars. These stars will open 220 presents which will provide, at minimum, 220 matches. These matches will light up approximately 330 houses (1.5 lights per match). The Event Building is 10 levels. Three selection kits come from the questline. The remaining seven need to come from lighting up houses. To get these seven, 240 progress is required. Since we can expect 330 progress, getting the seven additional selection kits (without spending diamonds) should not be a problem.
Why be upset? Because it's another nerf! Honestly, I think you'd be okay with any stinking change they make to the game. You must either work for Inno or be invested in MTG. You have zero credibility with anyone (except @Graviton apparently, he seems to like everything you say) who's a regular reader of the Forum because you unequivocally support any and every thing Inno does.

Pericles the Lion

Why be upset? Because it's another nerf! Honestly, I think you'd be okay with any stinking change they make to the game. You must either work for Inno or be invested in MTG. You have zero credibility with anyone (except @Graviton apparently, he seems to like everything you say) who's a regular reader of the Forum because you unequivocally support any and every thing Inno does.
As usual, you fire off before taking aim. Once again you are wrong. This year, we will get 2200 stars for the event. Last year we only got 1095. Do the math Mr. Wizard. Is it a nerf or did they actually make it easier? Please let us know. Please dazzle us with your brilliance. :p

Last edited:

JJ597

As usual, you fire off before taking aim. Once again you are wrong. This year, we will get 2200 stars for the event. Last year we only got 1095. Do the math Mr. Wizard. Is it a nerf or did they actually make it easier? Please let us know. Please dazzle us with your brilliance. :p
Will we actually get 2200 stars to start? Time will tell..........

PJS299

So the basic strategy, do the quests and check each day for the DS. When you get the DS you want, then spend all your stars?

JJ597

See National Lampoons, Christmas Vacation, for scene with Chevy Chase and that item.

Heat from the candles
Yes, I'm learning something new today!

From Wikipedia:

"Christmas pyramids are Christmas decorations that have their roots in the folklore and customs of the Ore Mountain region of Germany, but which have become popular internationally."

And InnoGames is a German company, so it would be very natural for them to feature such a thing. Now it makes much more sense.

Christmas market in Düsseldorf:

Duesseldorf.jpg

planetofthehumans2

So the basic strategy, do the quests and check each day for the DS. When you get the DS you want, then spend all your stars?
Its not a great strategy since you have 1/16 chance to get the DS or 160 stars (you only make 50 per day). If you don't care about the calendar, go for it. There's no need to play every day except that.

xivarmy

To start? No. In total over the event, probably (there's been no announcement of changes since beta).

Is it enough to meet various goals? From what I've heard, it's pretty tight other than finishing the main building.

All sources of golden chocolatery, which would be my top priority, appear to require at least a little diamonds at first glance to me - but I haven't hard ran the numbers yet (mostly skipped the event on beta). It required getting quite deep on the grand prize line, and the calendar is unlikely to be finished without at least a few wilds purchased.

planetofthehumans2

Should you go for the calendar instead?
Calendar requires incredible luck, an absurd amount of luck. Don't spend stars if you don't get a board with a key, don't spend too many stars getting the switch and if you don't get the board a second time then definitely don't go for that. Unfortunately by the end of the event with the extra key parts from the tasks I still ended up 6 full keys short but I also forgot to do the event some days. But I also got the key on the first pull on an absurd amount of boards so even with my luck I still didn't get it.

Your luck may vary.

Dursland

I'm mildly curious ... A horizontal windmill on top? Why hire talented artists to create something so ugly and ridiculous?
I'm guessing it may be a cultural thing - a theme in another country?

Much like the previous winter set in 2017 that had the Halmbock.

@xivarmy Any guesses to gold league numbers yet? Beta is looking to hit around 1k - think we can extrapolate anything from that?

Edit: Missed page 2 before I replied lol. Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing!

xivarmy

I'm guessing it may be a cultural thing - a theme in another country?

Much like the previous winter set in 2017 that had the Halmbock.

@xivarmy Any guesses to gold league numbers yet? Beta is looking to hit around 1k - think we can extrapolate anything from that?

Edit: Missed page 2 before I replied lol. Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing!
Probably not too different from beta on most servers. Dilmun will of course be higher :p

Pericles the Lion

I finished the main quests and the first daily quest. No change in the number of stars awarded. It's the same as Beta. 2200 stars (not including incidents or stars collected from opening presents). The L10 Pyramid plus some Silver frags (probably some Gold frags as well) should be in reach without spending diamonds.