• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

feedback for Winter event 2023

Orius Maximus

As usual, you fire off before taking aim. Once again you are wrong. This year, we will get 2200 stars for the event. Last year we only got 1095. Do the math Mr. Wizard. Is it a nerf or did they actually make it easier? Please let us know. Please dazzle us with your brilliance. :p

If the math is the same as or very similar to the Summer Event, then it shouldn't be a problem. However, those of us who have played for a while and have been through the last 3 or 4 Winter Events is used to getting 1-3 advances towards the main prizes. So at first glance it most certainly looks like a nerf. And we do know that Inno usually changes things from Beta to Live as well.

Xenosaur

Of practical value - Here's what's in (and where it was located) for the BETA 2023 winter CALENDAR. Not to say the same stuff will be in the LIVE calendar, or the same location, but there is some fabulous stuff here - so....

Do the daily challenges for KEY fragments, and get a few of these "must have" items (like Nutcracker upgrades and buildings). TO be maximally effective, create this type of guild list that everyone can add to when they get a datapoint of value.

Highest value items (to me) are GREEN. Medium value targets(to me) are BLUE. YMMV, of course (your mileage may vary)

2023 WINTER EVENT BETA ITEM/DOOR LIST

Door 1: Chocolatery Selection Kit
Door 2: Goods
Door 3: Finish Special Production
Door 4: 30 FPs
Door 5: 200 prev age Goods
Door 6: Nutcracker Guardhouse lvl 1
Door 7: 125 Goods from your age/era (25 of each type)
Door 8: One-up Kit
Door 9: 250 previous age goods
Door 10: Finish Special Production
Door 11: 35 FPs
Door 12: 150 goods (30 of each)
Door 13. NUTCRACKER UPGRADE KIT
Door 14. 40 FPs
Door 15. 300 prev age Goods
Door 16. Reno Kit
Door 17: Finish Special Production
Door 18: 175 Goods
Door 19: Store Building
Door 20: 350 previous Age Goods
Door 21: Nutcracker Guardhouse Selection Kit
Door 22: 45 FPs
Door 23: 200 Goods
Door 24: Finish ALL Special Production
Door 25: Winter Wonderland Pyramid Selection Kit
Door 26: Epic Winter 2023 selection kit
Door 27: 400 prev aged Goods
Door 28: Finish All Supply Productions
Door 29: 50 FPs
Door 30: Wishing Well
Door 31: Winter Wonder Retreat Selection Kit
Door 32: Finish ALL Special Production

Xenosaur

If the math is the same as or very similar to the Summer Event, then it shouldn't be a problem. However, those of us who have played for a while and have been through the last 3 or 4 Winter Events is used to getting 1-3 advances towards the main prizes. So at first glance it most certainly looks like a nerf. And we do know that Inno usually changes things from Beta to Live as well.

I can't speak for everyone in beta, but I didn't like the "downgrade" from 2022's match yields of 1-3, to 2023's yeilds of only 1-2. Just wait to see how the days will drag after the rush section ends, and you go drip, drip, drip for days to get enough matches to do something constructive, or wait for a DS you're interested in.

It's like a long, long stretch of flat highway you're driving on, but you can only do 40 MPH - in your Ferrari (or Tesla M3)

Of course, that grates on many players and yes, this thing goes about 1 month - total duration. So yes... gives some people "itchy" fingers to accelerate themselves and they do so by spending ... money or diamonds.

Yes, Inno's game design reminds us that this is a business. - lights, heat, salaries ... all cost money.
And while you're thinking about that, please know people DO spend money (or diamonds purchased with money). Do your own math, but people are forking over serious cash or time in the game to spend 300K diamonds...

From the beta 2023 event - GOLD LEAGUE members accomplishments/costs

Ebeondi Asi

I went hard in to get the ten Nutcrackers and ten upgrades to them this Morning. Spent Diamonds, but got them from the Elve's Workshop** all ten sets for all three worlds I play. They were the things I really wanted from the Event. The rest Pfft.
Now need to find a space to place them. And I can add all the small junk I want to now. I am tired of trying to keep full aid everyday. (which works fine 100% coverage from aid when Inno is not messing around with the aid. I don't really know if the aid is broken of they are effing with it? Either way I'm over it now.

**Remember to always check clicking on the two"?" boxes below the selection in the Elve's Workshop to see the alternative rewards! If you are willing to spend 2995 Diamonds, you should spend the little to switch to the best possible rewards!

Pericles the Lion

I can't speak for everyone in beta, but I didn't like the "downgrade" from 2022's match yields of 1-3, to 2023's yeilds of only 1-2. Just wait to see how the days will drag after the rush section ends, and you go drip, drip, drip for days to get enough matches to do something constructive, or wait for a DS you're interested in.

It's like a long, long stretch of flat highway you're driving on, but you can only do 40 MPH - in your Ferrari (or Tesla M3)
Events are a lot like "Goldilocks and the Three Bears". Some event mini-games require a lot of daily play (e.g. St. Patrick's Day), some require a small amount of daily play (e.g. Halloween Event), and a few require very little daily play (e.g. Winter Event). No matter which Event is running there will be players complaining about "too much babysitting" or "not enough to do...too boring". The porridge is never "just right".

Oh, btw, there's no collecting matches in this minigame. Once a player selects a present the game handles all the rest.

Sharmon the Impaler

I went hard in to get the ten Nutcrackers and ten upgrades to them this Morning. Spent Diamonds, but got them from the Elve's Workshop** all ten sets for all three worlds I play. They were the things I really wanted from the Event. The rest Pfft.
Now need to find a space to place them. And I can add all the small junk I want to now. I am tired of trying to keep full aid everyday. (which works fine 100% coverage from aid when Inno is not messing around with the aid. I don't really know if the aid is broken of they are effing with it? Either way I'm over it now.

**Remember to always check clicking on the two"?" boxes below the selection in the Elve's Workshop to see the alternative rewards! If you are willing to spend 2995 Diamonds, you should spend the little to switch to the best possible rewards!
The attack boosts have lost their lustre , I know all about "bad luck" and blah , blah , blah. The very last GBG run with 60% support , I fought 40 times and got 27 attrition for my efforts. Why spend money for a 53 attack on the Santa thing when Inno will just claw back it's value on the next update. No thanks , keep your "bad luck"

Xenosaur

some people are put off by the massive happy drain (-36,670). Not sure it's going to matter if your happy gets to normal, since Inno's already giving everyone 20% more for fighting, etc.

If you get to angry happiness, then ... hmmm?

We should get that figured out, then people might warm to these big lead boots you're showing, above.

ScreamingZiva

some people are put off by the massive happy drain (-36,670). Not sure it's going to matter if your happy gets to normal, since Inno's already giving everyone 20% more for fighting, etc.

We should get that figured out, then people might warm to these big lead boots you're showing, above.
Wow, I didn't even pay attention to the happiness.

1701460822645.png

I'm still good though. Do people really hate egg nog that much? lol

Sharmon the Impaler

Time to plant your Notre Dame lol

Ebeondi Asi

The attack boosts have lost their lustre , I know all about "bad luck" and blah , blah , blah. The very last GBG run with 60% support , I fought 40 times and got 27 attrition for my efforts. Why spend money for a 53 attack on the Santa thing when Inno will just claw back it's value on the next update. No thanks , keep your "bad luck"
I think you chose the wrong clip copy to respond . Since your response has zero to do with my post. But we all make mistakes. Even you. :p

Xenosaur

Actually the Atomium might be a better choice for happiness. Since everyone needs lots more Treasury Goods donations too.

Keep an open mind now .... ;)

In 2020, I was looking for a happiness solution too.. so I did the analysis and wrote this:

Maybe it’s time to look at ALL the HAPPINESS generating GBs. We don’t care what else they do, just how much HAPPINESS they generate for the size they are. That’s EFFICIENCY. The higher the number, the more efficient it is.

I recently used this analysis to actually get a GAEA. Yes, it’s one of the ugly ducklings until... it gets a chance to shine at what it does. It’s a MONSTER HAPPINESS generator - yes, better than a TRAZ and almost 3 times as efficient.

H@10 = Happiness units generated @ level 10
H@20 = Happiness units generated @ level 20
Eₓ @ 10 = GB Efficiency @ level 10 (higher numbers are better)
Eₓ @ 20 = GB Efficiency @ level 20 (higher numbers are better)

BuildingFootprintH @10H @20Eₓ @ 10Eₓ @ 20
Gaea241230017395513725
Lotus temple361000014143278393
Atomium42970013718231327
FOD2549006930196277
Oracle917002405189267
Notre Dame2439005516163230
Traz701130015981161228
Space Needle3048006789160226
Hagia Sophia4264009051152216
Colosseum424000565795135

The Gaea Statue packs a punch. It produces the MOST HAPPINESS and has the smallest footprint (other than the starter GB, the ORACLE). It is the MOST efficient GB HAPPINESS generator: 513 units of happiness for each squares of it’s size. A TRAZ can only muster 161 happiness units/square.

I know what you’re going to say: Yeah... but the TRAZ gives you warriors.... My reply: What if I don’t need them? I’m paying a HUGE price for something I don’t need. So...

Moral of the STORY: Re-review your city balance and see if getting a 2nd GB to help is warranted. If you don’t have a TRAZ, consider a powerful alternate to balance your population.

The game is lightyears from where it was in 2020. But... it was a good lesson to not overlook solutions because they're... ugly ducklings.

Last edited:

Lothar123

I have to say that I really enjoyed that this event started on a Friday. For many of us, including me, Friday is a relatively relaxed day at work (or school), and it was easier and more pleasant for me to work through the initial quests than it is when events start on a Monday through Thursday. And those of us that need it will have the weekend to work through the remaining initial quests.

Inno, more Friday event starts, please.

planetofthehumans2

I have to say that I really enjoyed that this event started on a Friday. For many of us, including me, Friday is a relatively relaxed day at work (or school), and it was easier and more pleasant for me to work through the initial quests than it is when events start on a Monday through Thursday. And those of us that need it will have the weekend to work through the remaining initial quests.

Inno, more Friday event starts, please.
The only problem is that if something goes to the s-storm, devs arn't around on saturday/sunday to fix it.