• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

feedback for Winter event 2023

Cromis car Erin

The Grinch is running this years Winter Event. Looks like one to pass on. So far no keys to be found, lots of useless stuff though. Inno makes it look like they want to drive away their base.
Completed 3 full screens of presents and no key! What a scam. I'll play for the simple rewards, but it is definitely not fun!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-05 175303.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-05 175303.png
    770.1 KB · Views: 2

Sharmon the Impaler

Completed 3 full screens of presents and no key! What a scam. I'll play for the simple rewards, but it is definitely not fun!
The lack of incident event currency is obvious in this event too , 10 stars since the beginnning and I get virtually all incidents save for 2-3 during the week. Inno doesn't to want us playing events anymore I guess .

billlaca

I think I did 4 or 5 without getting a key. Ran through 1/3 the 2200 free stars the first day or two - how many keys can you get from 50 stars a day? Not many. Is the Calendar worth 8-10K diamonds? It is a great building in the prizes but is it worth that much?

Aristarchus1

I think I did 4 or 5 without getting a key. Ran through 1/3 the 2200 free stars the first day or two - how many keys can you get from 50 stars a day? Not many. Is the Calendar worth 8-10K diamonds? It is a great building in the prizes but is it worth that much?

There are 18 boxes, so the average number of boxes to guarantee a full key are 9 boxes or 10 boxes (actually 9.5) . This means 95 stars daily needed on average, to unlock the key.
But with 50 stars given daily, there is only
(50 / 95 ) ^ 32 , chance to complete the calendar just by luck , since
(50 / 95 ) ^ 32 = 0.526 ^ 32 = 1.2 x 10 ^ (-9), which is barely just over 1 in a BILLION odds.

of course, to improve odds, you can win some key parts in challenges (1 up to 4) , but as you see , 5 key parts are needed for 1 full key, so the chances are never fair.

Therefore I would argue that it's almost impossible to finish the calendar without spending diamonds.
(unless you fancy ' 1 in a billion' or '1 in a million odds')

planetofthehumans2

Is the ELfie nog shop shop level 1 offered in the elf's blessing like it states in the announcement? When I click the (?) it only has the upgrade kit (????) Maybe if I did another present it will offer the first building or silver/gold?

Pericles the Lion

There are 18 boxes, so the average number of boxes to guarantee a full key are 9 boxes or 10 boxes (actually 9.5) . This means 95 stars daily needed on average, to unlock the key.
But with 50 stars given daily, there is only
(50 / 95 ) ^ 32 , chance to complete the calendar just by luck , since
(50 / 95 ) ^ 32 = 0.526 ^ 32 = 1.2 x 10 ^ (-9), which is barely just over 1 in a BILLION odds.

of course, to improve odds, you can win some key parts in challenges (1 up to 4) , but as you see , 5 key parts are needed for 1 full key, so the chances are never fair.

Therefore I would argue that it's almost impossible to finish the calendar without spending diamonds.
(unless you fancy ' 1 in a billion' or '1 in a million odds')
Your math is a bit off. From the quests, logins, milestones, and incidents, we get more like 69 stars per day. Plus, there are presents that either contain stars or pay a star bonus when opened (e.g. the "shuffle"). Also, while there are 18 presents to open the odds of choosing the key, if there was one included in the opened array of presents, is not 1:18. The effect of the "show 2" improves the odds if it is opened before the key. Lastly, you can get between 1 and 5 key parts from daily challenges. I agree that the chances of completing the calendar without spending diamonds is slim. However, not a lot of diamonds should be needed and, imo, the rewards are well worth the price.

Wildelk68

Besides the lack of keys and stars there have been zero special diamond sales ie: Double diamonds! Seems INNO forgets that to get people to play this lame event there needs to be some incentive to buy diamonds in order to play!! But I suspect this is just a test event to see if they can rip us off in the future! Its sure pointing in that direction!

Darkest.Knight

Luck of the draw, so far I'm even up on the calendar, but I'm sure that won't last too much longer; I've picked up at least 100 stars from incidents. My Winter Wonderland Pyramid is at lvl7, should be at 8 in a few more of days.

Pericles the Lion

Do you think the silver/gold upgrades are rarer pulls?
I got a silver upgrade as a switch option today. I don't know if the odds of getting them as an option are different from any of the other possibilities. I'm not really concerned because this is a long event and we will have lots of chances to switch stuff in the Elves Workshop. I want to collect two of fully upgraded Elfies and think that it won't be much of a problem.

Xenosaur

I have no daily special at refresh time (midnight, USA Eastern TZ). iOS mobile. 3 program exits and restarts - still no DS appearing. Hourglass spins, for about 5 seconds, displays the game board and prizes, but no DS. Note empty hole in prize matrix, to the right of the YELLOW ARROW.

noDS.jpg

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

I have no key on my starting board for 5 days in a row now and I just noticed that Inno put 2 level ones with only 4 upgrades in between (board 1 and board 3). This is not the way to build a customer base , even the new people can see the sleeziness in that move.

P C C

I have no daily special at refresh time (midnight, USA Eastern TZ). iOS mobile. 3 program exits and restarts - still no DS appearing. Hourglass spins, for about 5 seconds, displays the game board and prizes, but no DS. Note empty hole in prize matrix, to the right of the YELLOW ARROW.
You likely have heard elsewhere, but just in case: This only affected the display, not whether there was a daily available. I tapped the blank space (on mobile) and got a pop-up showing next era guild goods (?), swapped out and the new blank space turned out to be previous era, and my first choice of present gave me the (new) daily.