• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

feedback for Winter event 2023

Dursland

My Joyful Nutcracker gives a 7% boost to red defense! And with 40% boost from Forgotten Temple it makes more than double the fps at 9 vs 4.

Can't wait to upgrade the rest. Badly need more red defense. Glad to get it from ketebos and nutcrackers here. Should be over 100% combined added to my city.

Considering how much my GBG performance improves when I add 400% red defense in potions, I definitely need it.

I'm still going to end up at over 3000% attack with less than 2000% red defense but at least now it won't be that much under 2000.

Dursland

Only found 3 keys in last 8 days. 11/15 opened so far.

Got some good luck again today on the hunt though. First board was showing a key but I hit shuffle first move. Then second board showed a key and I got it first move.

So I got a free shuffle/free progress, then a key for 10 stars. Not bad!

So far 68 progress with 938 stars remaining, all quests complete up to this point.

Sharmon the Impaler

Depending on how many key fragments I have, I decide if I try my luck with stars and switch boards, or if I use the fragments and wait until next day for the first board.

How many doors did you get?
You can't just "switch" boards , only a shuffle or reset changes them. You may as well say "Depending on how many keys I have I decide whether I want another or stop for the day".

Sharmon the Impaler

Inno put a ceiling on attrition effectiveness and I already hit it @4100/4500 . Any more attack gives you 0 return on your extra attack. Anything that is given will be clawed back within 3 events if the current pattern sticks. I planted 20 daunting towers and 3500 defense on attack. It got me a whopping 8 extra fights in with 1000+/3500+ in additional stats. Even the "main" event building has it's stats crippled by spiltting them up between GBG and GE and the lowest goods of any main building in the past 7 events. I have all the parts and have no intentions of planting it.

Last edited:

LiciniusLucullus

You can't just "switch" boards , only a shuffle or reset changes them. You may as well say "Depending on how many keys I have I decide whether I want another or stop for the day".
That's what I mean by using stars, shuffle the boards or if not, use the fragments. So how many doors did you get? Or you weren't able to open much?

planetofthehumans2

Inno put a ceiling on attrition effectiveness and I already hit it @4100/4500 . Any more attack gives you 0 return on your extra attack. Anything that is given will be clawed back within 3 events if the current pattern sticks. I planted 20 daunting towers and 3500 defense on attack. It got me a whopping 8 extra fights in with 1000+/3500+ in additional stats. Even the "main" event building has it's stats crippled by spiltting them up between GBG and GE and the lowest goods of any main building in the past 7 events. I have all the parts and have no intentions of planting it.
What's your city look like with 4000 attack...and defenders attack? Or only attacker stats?

Zatrikon

11/16 calendar doors opened. That's with using the key fragments. And no, I don't play the boards with no keys. I only pay the boards with keys. Today, I spent about 100 stars, got the reshuffle, spent about 50 more stars, got the reshuffle again, and then was able to get the key with 40 more stars spent.

I'd rather there was a "prize" where you *lose* a million coins and a million supplies. That would be a better prize than the reshuffle.

Pericles the Lion

I'd rather there was a "prize" where you *lose* a million coins and a million supplies. That would be a better prize than the reshuffle.
I actually like the Shuffle. It's a free turn because it returns the 10 stars spent to find it, finding it gets a match, and finding it give an elf. Yes, it can frustrate efforts to find the key and/or DS.

Lorendar

Winter event joke fest. Need a key a day, but they are never offered in the "gifts" to open? And the gifts themselves look like the junk drawer contents that people wrap up and re-gift. 12 pulls to get a reshuffle, which seems to be the best present on the board. Can I send all the "gifts" I get to the Salvation Army?

Dursland

Over a dozen boards. (now 14) no key won.(only two boards even had a key on it) The Events suck. and the more they make them suck, the less money I spend.
I liked your original post better lol. With the 20 angry emojis.

That is some frustratingly bad luck. It's clear they did not want players to complete the calendar for free, which would be within the realm of possibility if there were a key on every board.

Many players are quitting over this type of predatory monetization, it's sad. Personally I'm still having fun playing the game and I enjoy the extra complexity of the events so I will keep going.

I'll just have to keep finding ways to come out under spending estimates/averages and chug along on my tiny hobby budget.

Still on track to spend under 8000 diamonds for the calendar.

Dursland

Found today's key in 2 moves. That's third day in a row I've gotten the key, a record now lol.

Picked up the FSP, and once I finish daily challenge I can open door #10 for another one and have 2 extra to use tomorrow. Score!

Dursland

Since today was a good daily I decided to hunt for the key for once, as opposed to just waiting for it to appear.

Ended up getting no key on first 3 boards so spent nearly 400 stars but got it!

Also picked up 5 Finish Specials. Not bad.

Xenosaur

I have a similar situation, just the other day. I had 200 or so stars in inventory, and just passed the 150 stars on the event quest line - so in total had roughly 350 to spend.
Had a daily special that woudn't help, so switched it ... up comes the NUTCRACKER, level 1.

Got very excited (wouldn't you?)

Proceed to use every star I had = 350/10 = 35 tries, and add a few for 14 star presents and shuffles, etc.

Maybe 40 total tries.

Not a single DS...
Very demoralizing that sustained investment of ~40 or so attempts to find one yielded not a single DS.

Not sure what to make of it...

does anyone know or have the average probability a DS should appear in 1 picking try in the present matrix?