• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

feedback for Winter event 2023

Pericles the Lion

does anyone know or have the average probability a DS should appear in 1 picking try in the present matrix?
There are 18 presents so the odds of finding the DS on a fresh board on the first pick are 1:18.

If the first pick is the "Show 2" AND the DS is revealed, the odds of choosing the DS on the 2nd pick are 100%. If the first pick is the "Show 2" AND the DS is not revealed, the odds of finding the DS on the 2nd pick become 1:15. If the 1st pick was not the "Show 2" then the odds of finding the DS on the second try are 1:17.

Rinse and repeat with successive picks.

Dursland

I am predicting Epic kit to come up for the special on Christmas day.

Still going good on calendar. 17/21 days open so far. 839 stars remaining. Not a dime spent yet.

Orius Maximus

I suspect the cheapness of the keys is the result of having a week's worth of Forge Plus as one of the calendar prizes, and they want players to actually have to spend money to get that. That's a pretty scummy move, and not worthy of being called a prize or a gift. It also sucks tremendously when shuffle removes a key from the board.

I have nearly 60 key fragments stashed up, and I'll see how many keys I get for the rest of the event and how many more I can make on the last day. Maybe if the remaining keys don't cost too many diamonds I may spend to finish the calendar. I'll have to see when the event finishes.

The best part of the event is the variety of good prizes. Yes, it's not fun if you can only get them with a credit card, but I still like to window shop. ... LOL

The worst part of the event is how awful most of the daily specials are — items that are way out of date (such as the Winter Train) or extremely weak ordinary items (such as a One Up Kit). Come on, InnoGames. What's next? 500 coins?

Zatrikon

I got the key today on the first try!

But I have over 1100 stars saved up from days where there was no key on the board.

JJ597

Disappointing, but not unexpected, that INNO didn't offer in the winter event, the equivalent to the Grape Stompin festival (GSF) from the fall event. The GSF allowed for the production of additional Autumn Vineyards. I was able to finish in the silver league in all worlds I play in, which gave me the GSF, so I spent $ in all worlds to get both the gold and silver prize line. So, I'm now farming the GSF and fully upgraded Autumn Vineyards, to get more Autumn Vineyards.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

Disappointing, but not unexpected, that INNO didn't offer in the winter event, the equivalent to the Grape Stompin festival (GSF) from the fall event. The GSF allowed for the production of additional Autumn Vineyards. I was able to finish in the silver league in all worlds I play in, so I spent $ in all worlds to get both the gold and silver prize line. What does this have to do with the Winter event? I'll tell you. I'm not playing or spending $ on this event.
The main building is crippled in this event , the calendar is fixed so it's unwinnable and you have to buy at least 8 keys at 4000 diamonds, the odds change to whatever Inno feels like setting them to that day and the Gold prize line is full of junk. What's not to love about this event ? I almost forgot , the main building is the ugliest I have seen come out since playing.

Dursland

Disappointing, but not unexpected, that INNO didn't offer in the winter event, the equivalent to the Grape Stompin festival (GSF) from the fall event. The GSF allowed for the production of additional Autumn Vineyards. I was able to finish in the silver league in all worlds I play in, which gave me the GSF, so I spent $ in all worlds to get both the gold and silver prize line. So, I'm now farming the GSF and fully upgraded Autumn Vineyards, to get more Autumn Vineyards.
Aren't the calendar and gold league buildings equivalent to that? They both have amped stats and make fragments of winter pyramid.

Pericles the Lion

@Dursland is correct, there are buildings in the calendar and gold league selections that spawn fragments of the main event building. However, I think that you have articulated what will ultimately cause the end of FoE. I have a Trailside Smithy, a Grape Stomper, 3 Elfies, 2 Shroom Thrones and will get the calendar building - all cranking out fragments of OP event buildings. From this point onward, I really don't need to do anything but collect my city to get massive increases to army boosts, daily FPs, and daily goods. I'm sure that I am not alone in this. So, what will INNO do to motivate players in similar circumstances to continue to spend money on the game? The only thing that they can do is to accelerate the ridiculous power creep that they started a year ago. I'm normally a fan of what INNO does with the game but these "building spawning buildings" are a bad idea.

Dursland

Did everyone get that free gift of an epic kit? Sure glad I wasn't logged into a diamond farm when it popped up.

I needed that! Now I don't have to get to 480 progress.

Calendar luck has been in the dumps. No key showing on the board for majority of last week. As a result I'm now at 5 unopened doors.

Need some good luck in last week of event.