• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

feedback for Winter event 2023

LiciniusLucullus

Calendar luck has been in the dumps. No key showing on the board for majority of last week. As a result I'm now at 5 unopened doors.

Need some good luck in last week of event.
5 isn't that bad. It's still doable with diamonds, especially if you have a stash and don't need to use your coin.

25/32 doors opened, spent 100 diamonds.

Dursland

5 isn't that bad. It's still doable with diamonds, especially if you have a stash and don't need to use your coin.

25/32 doors opened, spent 100 diamonds.
Yeah it's not too bad. Now down to 4 thanks to today's daily challenge. Sitting on 21/25 doors open with 0 spent so far :)

They listened about giving cheap "gifts" during the holidays it appears. Not of use to me but it would be substantial for many.
Yes epic kit is miles better than a Snow Globe or Festive Tree lol.

Has anybody else noticed incidents seem to be amped up for Christmas? I have gotten at least 50 stars in the last 24 hours, and others are reporting similar results.

Dursland

Going into the home stretch now. Getting a better idea of what I'll need to spend for the calendar.

If no more keys found then it will be around 3000 diamonds. 1000 of that is in the workshop (10 fragments), which I'm also buying for the 140 stars and 2 epic kits.

Then I may need to spend another 1000 diamonds to get to the Golden Choco at 460, so overall pretty cheap event.

Calendar building, 5 golden chocos, 2 joyful nutcrackers, and 2 winter pyramids plus leftovers for pass + 6000 diamonds total.

The 5 chocos will get the rest of my nutcrackers upgraded in about a month with BG. Very happy with this event.

CDmark

CALENDAR UPDATE

G WORLD
WINTER KEYS G-514 STARS  12-28.jpg

Looking good in G. I am actually 4 key parts ahead, 4 days left, DC was done already today.

X WORLD

WINTER KEYS X-554 STARS  12-28.jpg

I am 10 key parts short in X (1000 diamonds), so not bad.

Now, as of day 23, I have been spending stars more to get the daily key. Is it a STRATEGY, well, let's call it a LUCKY STRATEGY, I am still vulnerable to the shuffle. I have been able to get a couple extra keys on each world, forcing games with no key to get the possibility of a key next game. My family knows when I am playing the calendar, they told me they hear one of two comments from me

1) Rock on, yeah, got that key
or
2) You suck shuffle

I decided to wait towards the end so I can better guage my grand prize progress. I want the Choco golden upgrade, so either I get 480 on grand prize progress or fill the calendar. I am avoiding the Elves Workshop because I already have to deal with the shuffle and 1/2 lights per match. I DONT LIKE THAT I CANT TRACK THE RETURN, MATCH TO LIGHTS, EASILY. So, if I did the workshop, I would just further frustrate myself by spending diamonds to get a better prize, 70 stars, 5 keys, egg nog. I did it during the summer event for cartographers but those were one level buildings. I am not into the multiple level egg nog shop, and 4 of them too. I don't like needing the SPECIFIC upgrade, green, silver, gold. The key master was an upgrade building but you were able to use all fo them. Plus, another attack building, I have plenty of attack, I liked the red defense from the santa shop via the calendar, no road, no levels, Also, I figured to get L4 egg shop, it would be a minimum of 3K diamonds, that is 6 days of key parts on the calendar. When I say MINIMUM, I mean you would have to be the luckiest person in FOE to get a L1, green upgrade, silver upgrade and gold upgrade as the first pick, otherwise you are spending diamonds to try and get them from the list, if they are there. So, lets say you are just lucky, not the luckiest, another 1K diamonds to fill the sleigh for a complete building, 2 more calendar days, now we are up to 8 calendar keys. I remember the summer event, I had to at least spend 6K on treasure maps, that is a lot of keys to fill the calendar. So I decided to give the calendar priority.

CHOCO 460 status - think it should have been 440
In G world, I will have 714 stars to spend (514 + 50 x 4 days left), I and 126 away
71 x 1.5 = 106 but this number is not real, there are bonuses to get, 14 stars, show 2, shuffle (never thought I would call shuffle a bonus...lol), they add stars so I feel good getting the 460 choco golden set.

I X world, I will have 754 stars, 146 away,
75 x 1.5 = 112, even with the bonuses, not feeling comfy on this one and stars aren't cheap, 100 for 1K Diamonds, that is 15 advances.

I use 1.5 bcs I would hope we get the average of 1 vs 2. Inno has made this hard to track so when that happens, I am suspicious. If someone actually did track it, please post it.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Some players are really spending a lot... top spender at nearly 18000 progress!

The chart below shows the estimated cost of the progress each of the top 50 spenders on each world currently has, with the cost ranger from the cheapest (200% diamond offer) to a more reasonable number (the 11000 diamonds for $80). Either way you cut it, that's a lot of money.

1703811081889.png

planetofthehumans2

Didn't find the key today. But what I did find was THREE Shuffles! And after the third Shuffle, a new board comes up with NO KEY! I would rather have one of the boxes be "Lose a Million Coins and a Million Supplies" than Shuffle.
I'd pay 500 each SAT good to reverse a shuffle and then be flat broke in the first week.

Edward _MMXIII

Bronze = 412

I am at 404

Logged in every day , tried all incidents , currently at red dot 21 -> 22 .

Diamond purchase needed JUST to be Bronze ?

Is it a coincidence that red dot 22 is @ 420 ?

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

Bronze = 412

I am at 404

22 X 20 (number of matches needed for each "dot") = 440 - 20 (the end point doesn't get included) = 420. No coincidence , just basic math.

Dursland

Bronze = 412

I am at 404

Yeah Winter always has been a rough one for making league, people get spendy at end of the year and it's an easy event to spend on.

No time, skill, or increasing-cost limitations.