• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fellowship Event Strategy Discussion

xivarmy

Since apparently it's not entirely welcome in feedback, figured I'd start a thread specifically for discussing fellowship strategies.

One of the things I've just been looking at has been comparing the following options which use similar amounts of gemstones:

- 2 Palaces assumes hitting ~550 progress is enough for silver league. This is what I did on beta and i expect should work on live - you should get enough spare regular upgrades from chests along the way with a bit of attention. It *was* a bit easier at the start on beta though.
- 1 Palace + 4 Jesters (or grills) allows a simple 300 task strategy (run every 2 days or so - some can even take 3 days) and uses the extra gemstones *not* spent on extra runs to hit 550 tasks to instead buy the full set of chests for a side building 4 times.

1689635268287.png

The reason for the comparison is 2 palaces should be "better" in the longterm, but a palace + 4 jesters requires much less runs and might be better for my sanity (doing a full chests buyout at the end of 4 of them). It also gets a quicker start out of the gate.

If you're getting the grills/jesters for the purpose of the boosts they provide, you overtake by around 150 days. Because by then you have more. If you're getting them for their productions though it takes longer to catch up (~267 days) since you have a lot of collections already in the bank by the time the 2 palaces.

Given the recent procession of power creep which makes me uncertain how long I'll actually prize these jesters, and the time til I feel 2 palaces is significantly better (by 300 days it's still only ~6% more blueprints), I'm now leaning toward the much lower effort Palace + 4 sides on my worlds that are planning to make a modest effort at the event.

The exception being my low age camping world that stacks military boost and really wants as many of the grills for the attack boost as possible - it's going for multiple palaces (3, i think = 750 tasks - send help!) and damage to my sanity (which one might question if it existed in the first place for even considering this) ;)

xivarmy

Regression of how the gold cutoff is progressing on one world (carthage):

1690221368926.png

My extrapolation forward for my own is not going to continue at that rate since I'll be dropping back to target 750 probably once a run a day is enough to hit there.

Interpretting the regression equation:

The gold cutoff-player is currently averaging 30.2 tasks a day and is on target to hit 664 tasks at the end. The fit is very good (the cutoff player is progressing at a rather steady/constant rate) but there is some bumps around primetime where they are more likely to surge forward before dropping back off to nearer the trendline.

They got an additional 30 tasks from the start, explainable by some combination of the easy first run that only requires 1M to finish and eager beavers rushing things at the very start.

Other worlds are as much as 8% ahead of carthage atm. It appears this is primarily attributable to the slope - so I would surmise on Dilmun the pace is probably more like 33 tasks/day while the "extra" tasks from the start are probably still 30, headed towards a cutoff of ~723 at the end. But this is mostly just speculation without actually tracking the individual world's data more closely

Just An Observer

The "whale" strategy I use is to throw enough Diamonds at the event to make sure I win the 1% rewards. Having read somewhere that the best way to win using this idea was to jump in hard at the start, I did so and have seen my lead over the edge between Silver and Gold float between 55 and 89 with the current lead being 80 as of this minute.

Strange as it sounds, this should be the last event I ever splurge on. Why? I am in Prog and building the city numbers for Future's Red A/D. That will be the era which becomes my permanent home so I do not get caught up in randomizing elements like Keen Eye. Objective: Be a GBG/GE/PvP powerhouse in Future as I am in Prog.

The other consideration I have is being ready for INNO to make further use of Blue A/D. The 20 expansions coming from a 5 era jump can be used for getting those numbers up to snuff. There is no hurry on my end to move up as I can wait to see what INNO does and as I wait, the Abort 2000 RQ machine (CF/HC/SMB) gets built up to handle the cost of doing Future RQ's.

My circumstances are rather unusual ones but it sure gets a lot of help to execute thanks to the power creep which is more like a power rush for the new event buildings. Throw in frag generation and voila, the world is my oyster.