• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Few questions regarding buildings/kits?

Iroh the Tea Maker

I started FOE very causally and made lots of mistakes early in the game. So I have some questions reg cleaning up my city a little bit. Any advice or opinion is greatly appreciated.

1. When to use store building kits- I would love to replace my fishing hut with a kiosk for example. But having wasted valuable resources in the game before, I am not if it's a waste of this rare kit. Any opinions?

2. When to use renovation kit- I stayed in EMA after realizing the blunder of spending ALL my forge points on progressing through the eras. So went on a spree of building my city. Now I have some even sets (celtic, indian palace, and level 7 hanami) but all of them EMA. Moving to HMA these buildings are a bit outdated. I have a few Reno kits from the two events I played but not sure if it's a good idea to use it now or to hold on to it until I reach a higher age.

3. Where to use reno kit: i.e. what buildings do you think are worth upgrading and what are not? just your opinion from your experience would be helpful.

4. Why is Masq ball not more popular? It takes up space but it also gives 2 FPs or 15 goods (3 x 8 hour productions), and happiness which is better than many of the other popular buildings.

thanks for reading and any helpful suggestions.

Graviton

1. In my opinion a Store kit would be wasted on a Fishing Hut. Just delete it. Others might disagree; for instance you could store it and then sell it at the AD, but it's not likely you'll place it back in your city. As you play, especially in Events, you'll get better goods-producing buildings. Plus as you level up your goods-producing GBs, you'll have less of a need for it.

2. When to use a Reno - That depends on what your goods inventory looks like. Since you admitted you rushed, you may still need to stock up on EMA goods while you're in HMA. You may want to leave the goods-producing parts of the sets at EMA; at least a couple of them.

3. Where to use a Reno - That also depends on what you have, and what you want more of. For instance, SoKs produce FPs and coins. If you use a Reno or a One-Up on those, the coins will increase but not the FPs, so leave those alone. Production buildings that have a variety of options (like the Maquerade Ball you mentioned) are usually the first things to get a Reno Kit or a One-Up.

The thing to remember about Reno Kits is that they bring a building to your current level, no matter what age it is; while a One-Up Kit only moves it up one age from where it is. So, Renos are more powerful and (I think) a bit more rare.

4. Masquerade Ball - I used to have a couple of those in each city, and I liked them, but it got to the point where the space they took up outweighed their benefits. Better, smaller production buildings came along (Sleigh Builder, Sunken Treasure, etc.). I'd stick with the MB until you can get your hands on other production buildings that do the same thing but are smaller.

I'm sure other will chime in with more (and maybe better!) advice.

Jern2017

1: I only store buildings that I plan on placing back in my city in the future or when I don't want them anymore and decide to sell them to the Antiques Dealer. I store those buildings that can be sold for a higher amount of Trade Coins and Gems. Now I don't have any Fishing Huts in my inventory anymore, but as far as I remember, they're not that valuable.

2 and 3: if you're running low on Renovation Kits, use them on buildings that offer a higher amount of whatever they produce in their next age. For example, Shrines of Knowledge will only produce more coins and have a slightly higher increase in population, whereas an event building like the the Fire Pagoda will offer a higher attack boost with each age.

4: 2 FP at 4x5 size isn't efficient, especially if you take some of the latest event buildings into account. Keep it until you get something that's more efficient.

Agent327

1. Only reason to use a storage kit would be to sell it in the AD, so look up if that is profitable or not.

2. Hold on. Start using them when you rely on these buildings for goods.

3. Look at what changes when you use them. That will tell you.

4. It's to big. You use it if you have it and have room to put it in your city. You ditch it when you get better buildings.

Agent327

The thing to remember about Reno Kits is that they bring a building to your current level, no matter what age it is; while a One-Up Kit only moves it up one age from where it is. So, Renos are more powerful and (I think) a bit more rare.

Not more rare. Actually, since you are more likely to use a One-Up kit when you go up in age, your stock on Reno's might be bigger. Reno's you save to go up in more than 1 age.