• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Few Roads to Victory?

jsc29

I notice in looking at the cities of GBG heavy hitters that they rarely have Roads to Victory, just the Statue of Victory.

Do they consider a weak building? The stat (about 1% attacker defense per tile) seems pretty decent to me.

Nicholas002

it has only been out for 1.5 seasons, and only the diamond and platinum leagues get them, and only the top two guilds in each diamond or platinum league get enough in one season to build it right away.
so that eliminates about 95% of the players, and maybe only half of the 5% decided to build it right away, so that would kinda explain the scarcity.

Tiamat88

I have a Statue of Honor with 2 Roads to Victory attached. I have another Road in my Inventory. Is there a limit to how many can be connected? I'm only in the beginning of the Industrial Age, so I have room for them.

Crollito

I have kind of mixed feelings about it. I could technically replace some of my buildings to fit a few in, but it's not good enough for me to justify modifying my city layout. however minor that adjustment might be. My guess is a lot people feel the same. It needs to be as good as a something like a winner's plaza for me to bother with it, and it's not even close.

Plain Red Justice

If RTVs get buffed to 12% (the equivalent of a 2.0 per tile of a lvl 1 outpost except with special snowflake requirements) then I'll build it. For now it's going to stay inside my inventory since rn it has poor stats

Falconwing

I'm considering adding my RtV's to my city. I had waited cause I wasn't sure, 5 current age goods and 5 att/def for 6 spaces, I was on the fence. But I forgot they don't need roads. Line em up behind a row of buildings like the train. The RtV is way better than a Kiosk and lvl 2 GotS combo, with 4 less spaces, 1% more attdef, and no road.

DeletedUser

It all depends on the stat that is important to your style of play. I have 5 X lvl 8 SoH and put them on them because I have a more aggressive style and Def on Att is important for GbG and GvG (AB depends a lot on this stat). Defense of Defense is sorta meh for me so I leave it around 700. Your opinion may be different on RtVs but I like them

Last edited by a moderator:

ODragon

It all depends on the stat that is important to your style of play. I have 5 X lvl 8 SoH and put them on them because I have a more aggressive style and Def on Att is important for GbG and GvG (AB depends a lot on this stat). Defense of Defense is sorta meh for me so I leave it around 700. Your opinion may be different on RtVs but I like them

I was thinking about doing that but they are so not great to me. I do wonder if I do if its worth adding to just one so I could double it and all of the goods from the BG. Sure it's only 7 FP but it's a decent amount of guild goods + a bunch more with the RtV.

That said, if they actually acted like roads (even if just the SoH), it would be much more useful to me.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I was thinking about doing that but they are so not great to me. I do wonder if I do if its worth adding to just one so I could double it and all of the goods from the BG. Sure it's only 7 FP but it's a decent amount of guild goods + a bunch more with the RtV.

That said, if they actually acted liked roads (even if just the SoH), it would be much more useful to me.

It's the guild goods that are the kicker , a decent supply to your guild if they are very active is 2K-3.5K. Atom is just too stinking big so I planted an Obs , 5 X SoH(LvL 8) and am raising my Arc to 100 and my Obs to 80. Its a pretty small footprint for the amount of goods it puts in the treasury.

ODragon

It's the guild goods that are the kicker , a decent supply to your guild if they are very active is 2K-3.5K. Atom is just too stinking big so I planted an Obs , 5 X SoH(LvL 8) and am raising my Arc to 100 and my Obs to 80. Its a pretty small footprint for the amount of goods it puts in the treasury.

The suggestion I've made to others who like the Guild Goods (I'm one of them) is to leave your SoH in different ages to help bolster your guilds treasury even when you aren't in the age. I have 2 in Modern, 1 in Post Modern and 3 in Contemp. I should have stayed in PME longer and gotten a second one there. Your current age is the least important since you get so many from your Arc and Obs.

Tony 85 the Generous

The suggestion I've made to others who like the Guild Goods (I'm one of them) is to leave your SoH in different ages to help bolster your guilds treasury even when you aren't in the age. I have 2 in Modern, 1 in Post Modern and 3 in Contemp. I should have stayed in PME longer and gotten a second one there. Your current age is the least important since you get so many from your Arc and Obs.
Slightly OT, but suggest you follow this method with Sleighbuilders too.

Also note, the RtV and SoH are of the age you assemble them in not the age you acquire the frags. I have tons and tons of frags for both and only assemble when I what to plant one. My second SoH when from not existing to L8 "instantly".

Kranyar the Mysterious

Tip for newer players: If you know you are going to age up fairly soon, but have room, go ahead and build the SoH but only level it to 7. When you age up add the last upgrade and it will age up with you. Of course the SoH is a great building for leaving in prior eras where your guild has a need for certain goods.