• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Flash V HTML (crashing)

DeletedUser25795

Hi, 3 days ago whilst in the heat of battle in GVG my screen went black (first issue with crashing for months). I rebooted and got a pop up saying to allow flash (i only use flash version of the game) I did this and got back into the game. A few hours later the same thing happened so I rebooted and got the pop up again.

So I decided it was time to try the HTML version, which i then did. All seamed ok with the GVG. But then after battle I went to my city and had lots of issues and after 3 days I still keep getting them:

Chat topics are blank and have to click them 5 or 6 times for them to open.
Clicking on the list of GB's in someones city, NO LIST appears of GB's. click 5 or 6 times and then they appear.
Clicking on a GB (mine or others) No list of contributors. same again 5 or 6 attempts and then they appear.
GvG grey bars starting appearing when i went to select troops.
GvG grey bars over sectors which did not update with sieges or shields.

So I decided to go back to flash version and everything is fine again.

Am I doing something wrong to get HTML version to work or are these known issues with the HTML version.

DeletedUser19454

Why would you not work out the bugs while HTML5 was in beta, you just dropped it on us knowing there was many problems.

DeletedUser35588

I have no cars on streets and no people on paths....everything else works fine. Just started about 4 days ago. Tried everything on fix list for bugs, but no change. I'm in Ocean Era.
One other thing the animals in the wild come and go.....if I go to top right of screen there gone -- move to bottom left they pop back up .
Does this have anything to do with flash to HTML5 change over???
This is the first time this has happened in the 2 years I've been playing the game. Which I play on windows 10 from home pc. Also I've always have used firefox.
I play on us9
Any info would be great, thanks Vord Graystone

Volodya

Hi, 3 days ago whilst in the heat of battle in GVG my screen went black (first issue with crashing for months). I rebooted and got a pop up saying to allow flash (i only use flash version of the game) I did this and got back into the game. A few hours later the same thing happened so I rebooted and got the pop up again.

So I decided it was time to try the HTML version, which i then did. All seamed ok with the GVG. But then after battle I went to my city and had lots of issues and after 3 days I still keep getting them:

Chat topics are blank and have to click them 5 or 6 times for them to open.
Clicking on the list of GB's in someones city, NO LIST appears of GB's. click 5 or 6 times and then they appear.
Clicking on a GB (mine or others) No list of contributors. same again 5 or 6 attempts and then they appear.
GvG grey bars starting appearing when i went to select troops.
GvG grey bars over sectors which did not update with sieges or shields.

So I decided to go back to flash version and everything is fine again.

Am I doing something wrong to get HTML version to work or are these known issues with the HTML version.
I had this happen also. I've been using the HTML version since it went live with no issues. I tried reverting to Flash which didn't correct the problems for me. I noticed that the problems began just after a Chrome update, so I loaded the game on Firefox on a hunch. It's been fine ever since (although the graphics don't seem as crisp on Firefox.) So strictly anecdotal, but if you use Chrome you might try a different browser.

JohnDoesy

I got the same problem Purps99 mentioned in the first post. Also been using HTML5 since it came out, but the problems below started recently. Maybe there was a Chrome update as Volodya mentioned? Don't know but here's what I typed up.

Playing the game is becoming increasingly more difficult, here's why. Perhaps you can help me?

1) Opening a great building is sometimes blank, no contributors listed. Opening it again will sometimes show player names
2) Opening a player's great building list is empty, reopening sometimes fixes. This even occurs on my own great building list
3) Opening mail sometimes shows blank messages (this really plays havoc with what I have read and responded to and what I have not)
4) Opening great buildings through mail often shows problems 1 & 2. This has caused some people to say I'm not adding forge points to their buildings because the game has stopped for me and I must reload it. Then I forget what message I was on and what I was in the middle of doing. Further complicated by opening messages which appear blank once again, causing another game reload. A vicous circle.

The above problems have been occurring for close to a week and is happening more frequently, not less. What I've already tried is rebooting the computer; updating google chrome; scanning for viruses; reloading the game and just playing one world, not all 12. Can you give further suggestions?

DeletedUser9182

SAME issues here - I use chrome - and very often when I add a GB to a GB thread and then go to click on the player directly above me the list is blank. I must reload the entire game to get the messages back - this did not happen on BETA - so what say your INNO? ? ?