• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Flying Island

Jonasd79

Does anyone actually plan on building this (underwhelming) great building? I will not as I don’t think building something that has a SIX YEAR return on investment is worthwhile.

wolfhoundtoo

Not that return on investment matters at some point. It comes down to what benefit the GB provides versus what else you could be doing with the fps. At some point is there a difference once you get to the point where you've leveled the rest of your GBs so much that there are no real measurable benefits to continuing?

Last edited:

Big Baloney

yeah because so nice noobish players will level this for me for free, and I will just watch and buy popcorn and have fun seeing ppl put up fps on it and even buy Venus goods from me to build this, man you will make my day

MJ Artisan of War

Noob Island is pretty... That is it...
Of course fools will build it... Just like some build a Colosseum.
Just too bad the abbreviation when players post it will be FI
If they had vision it would be named Flying Metropolis Elevated... Then the abbreviation when players post it would be FME....

Kranyar the Mysterious

Not a chance that I'd build the Flying Noob Trap as it currently exists.

Just because it has those decent looking fp rewards listed, from what has been posted on the beta forum for drops from those who have taken it high to see what they get, don't expect this to be the next HC. It looks like you will feel lucky when you actually happen to get a self aid kit.

If you are one of the first in your world to get it (from your own goods) you can probably get it up a quite a few levels for free and enjoy the occasional decent rewards, but otherwise is is a pure fp-sink.

Jonasd79

yeah because so nice noobish players will level this for me for free, and I will just watch and buy popcorn and have fun seeing ppl put up fps on it and even buy Venus goods from me to build this, man you will make my day

But just think of how many more goods you can sell if the building was actually good.

Just An Observer

A good guild friend of mine just came up with how to use this GB: Replay any previous settlements (plus any new ones) to harvest a lot of rewards! Does that sound plausible to any of you?

Coach Zuck

it's terrible... the prize "improvement" actually made it worse, for me at least. Less FP because of more possible rewards. Slightly more troops, but those troops are random and most troops in an age aren't useful, so who cares about them. They added one reward that basically just serves to dilute the pool further.

MJ Artisan of War

Why re-play any settlement? Just open the one you want to collect shards from and leave it empty except for the Town Hall.
Will make shards easier to spot and you can re-position the Town Hall to check behind it...

Gunnygunnz

Well I'm one of those NEWBS that did build it well only lvl 10 lol
I love it its pretty cool looking ( main reason i built it)
Now i have received about .... 5 shards so far in the past 48 hours.
every time i clicked on the shard..... it said .... " Reward not available anymore" lol mmmhhhh
I guess its one of them April fools building;

Last edited by a moderator:

Coach Zuck

Why re-play any settlement? Just open the one you want to collect shards from and leave it empty except for the Town Hall.
Will make shards easier to spot and you can re-position the Town Hall to check behind it...

that's aside from the point when the rewards are as bad as I calculated

LevelChanceCommon%Uncommon%Rare%Shards/dayCommon/dayUncommon/dayRare/dayFP/dayFP/day AztecGoods/dayGoods/day
Japan
Troops/day
1322.88%67.02%26.88%6.30%1.370.920.370.096.48.618.522.83.5
1623.86%66.21%26.86%6.93%1.430.950.380.106.79.219.324.23.6
1824.52%65.68%26.98%7.34%1.470.970.400.116.99.619.925.33.7
1924.85%65.41%27.04%7.55%1.490.980.400.117.09.820.125.83.7
3429.47%61.82%27.87%10.31%1.771.090.490.188.413.024.333.44.2
4232.36%59.62%28.40%11.98%1.941.160.550.239.315.127.038.74.5
6539.01%54.47%29.70%15.83%2.341.270.700.3711.520.833.552.15.1
7641.65%52.24%30.29%17.47%2.501.310.760.4412.423.436.358.15.3

There is ALWAYS a better place to invest FP, than in this building.

MJ Artisan of War

I agree 1000%. I was only pointing out that there is no requirement to work on the settlement to spawn the useless shards...
Just have a settlement open....

Just An Observer

Well I'm one of those NEWBS that did build it well only lvl 10 lol
I love it its pretty cool looking ( main reason i built it)
Now i have received about .... 5 shards so far in the past 48 hours.
every time i clicked on the shard..... it said .... " Reward not available anymore" lol mmmhhhh
I guess its one of them April fools building;

On Monday in my city, 4 times there were the usual icons for goodies and when they were clicked, the same error message popped up. I do not even have the Flyer! A ticket was submitted to Support. I am guessing some sort of software glitch is taking place.

Not a chance that I'd build the Flying Noob Trap as it currently exists.

Just because it has those decent looking fp rewards listed, from what has been posted on the beta forum for drops from those who have taken it high to see what they get, don't expect this to be the next HC. It looks like you will feel lucky when you actually happen to get a self aid kit.

If you are one of the first in your world to get it (from your own goods) you can probably get it up a quite a few levels for free and enjoy the occasional decent rewards, but otherwise is is a pure fp-sink.
FP pit is right. After 7k owner investor FP to level 11, I’ve gotten wait for it, ONE shard of 260K supplies. I can add that to the 2.4G supply I already have. DO NOT BUILD

SpinDrifter

I built it because it's a good looking building and I have resources to spare. It's at level 5 due to participation from guild members looking for BPs. I'm not taking it any further as it stands, because as a supplier of anything - it's worthless. I do have an open settlement (Japan) - zero shards after 5 days. Maybe if InnoG fixes the underlying math, I'd continue, but as bad as the rewards are, some are better than none. I have the small reward icon - it's always gray. I'm retired and play enough times per day that I won't miss one if it was to show up. Don't know what good reporting a bug would do - surely the developers are aware of it. It's getting a bad reputation. Oh well.

The Lady Redneck

Well my city on Beta is a bit of a fun thing. I am in PE there and do not intend going any further. I have built all sorts of crazy stuff in there That I would not put in either of my 2 live server worlds. So I will probably build it once my TruceTower has provided the goods for me (I have 100 of each already) It reminds me a bit of the floating mountains in the Avatar film. So I might aim to build the FI to coincide with the release of Avatar 2. When ever that might be.

Glockgemini

I am not looking forward to an enhanced incident generator. This would be a useful GB in CA with a 4x4 footprint. Over-rated and overpriced.