• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl – Another statistical analysis

DeletedUser32824

I ended up getting the goods to progress past quest 25. So now I should be able to cruise through the whole event :D In the event that I get 2 or 3 DS upgrades I could ignore the last touchdown and go for FP rewards or whatever other special building shows up.

DeletedUser31498

Simply bought some goods and traded down, right? Yeah this event is great.

DeletedUser32824

Simply bought some goods and traded down, right? Yeah this event is great.
Thats right. Traded some iron age goods for LMA with 20 FPs and traded down to 800 EMA goods :D Better than sitting out the rest of the event.

DeletedUser

Yeah the power of compounding is beautiful haha. Glad it was so easy. Being in a good guild is worth so much.

@Stephen Longshanks remember the fight we had about @tuckerkao doing a version of this? Apology accepted.
Wow, that's a huge stretch! Trading down 3 whole ages, compared to trading down 10 ages. Yeah, exactly the same thing, gutmeister. Apology not offered, so I don't know what the heck you think you're accepting.

DeletedUser32824

Here is the real question. At what point are SOKs a better DS buy than a pillar?

I'm going to make the assumption here that I will spend FBs only on the pillar DS, that I will have 3 from quests and TDs and 1 SOK from TD2.
1 DS: lvl 5 pillar, 1 sok: 3FP in 13 squares
2 DS: lvl 6 pillar, 1 sok: 3FP in 13 squares
3 Ds: lvl 7 pillar, 1 sok: 4FP in 13 squares
4 Ds: lvl 7 pillar, lvl 1 pillar, 1 sok: 4FP in 22 squares
5 Ds: lvl 7 pillar, lvl 2 pillar, 1 sok: 5FP in 22 squares
6 Ds: lvl 7 pillar, lvl 3 pillar, 1 sok: 5FP in 22 squares
7 Ds: lvl 7 pillar, lvl 4 pillar, 1 sok: 5FP in 22 squares
8 Ds: lvl 7 pillar, lvl 5 pillar, 1 sok: 6FP in 22 squares
9 Ds: lvl 7 pillar, lvl 6 pillar, 1 sok: 6FP in 22 squares
10 Ds: lvl 7 pillar, lvl 7 pillar, 1 sok: 7FP in 22 squares

Now I'm going to make the assumption that I will spend FBs only on the SOK DS, and that I will have 3 PoH upgrades and 1 SOK from TDs. I'll also assume that this person wouldn't build a 1 FP pillar and that it would sit in the inventory.
1 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 2 SOK: 2 FP in 8 squares
2 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 3 SOK: 3 FP in 12 squares
3 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 4 SOK: 4 FP in 16 squares
4 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 5 SOK: 5 FP in 20 squares
5 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 6 SOK: 6 FP in 24 squares
6 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 7 SOK: 7 FP in 28 squares
7 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 8 SOK: 8 FP in 32 squares
8 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 9 SOK: 9 FP in 36 squares
9 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 10 SOK: 10 FP in 40 squares
10 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 11 SOK: 11 FP in 44 squares

So it seems to me the main advantage of going PoH over SOK would be to save space. The FP per square is much more efficient with PoH even though the FPs cost more DS overall. To me the break even point would be like 3 DS. You can have 4fp/13sq vs. 4fp/16sq. After this it seems more efficient to go for SOKs than PoH, unless you're really hurting for space in your city.

Let me know what your thoughts are about this before we all blow our footballs in a few days.

Kaidi

You forgot roads, though. One SoK takes up 5 squares at a minimum, so 3 SoKs = 15. One POH takes up 10 squares at a minimum. (Eh, call it...10.5...you can't always put them at the end of a road. lol.)

You'd need 3 motivations for the SoKs vs. 1 for the PoH. Though the shrines are definitely prioritized for general aiding.

I might or might not put down a L4. I would definitely plant a L5.

DeletedUser32824

You forgot roads, though. One SoK takes up 5 squares at a minimum, so 3 SoKs = 15. One POH takes up 10 squares at a minimum. (Eh, call it...10.5...you can't always put them at the end of a road. lol.)

You'd need 3 motivations for the SoKs vs. 1 for the PoH. Though the shrines are definitely prioritized for general aiding.

I might or might not put down a L4. I would definitely plant a L5.
I don't think you need a motivation for the PoH to produce FPs. I believe all it does is increase gold/supplies and make it unable to be plundered. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

DeletedUser31498

Here is the real question. At what point are SOKs a better DS buy than a pillar?

I'm going to make the assumption here that I will spend FBs only on the pillar DS, that I will have 3 from quests and TDs and 1 SOK from TD2.
1 DS: lvl 5 pillar, 1 sok: 3FP in 13 squares
2 DS: lvl 6 pillar, 1 sok: 3FP in 13 squares
3 Ds: lvl 7 pillar, 1 sok: 4FP in 13 squares
4 Ds: lvl 7 pillar, lvl 1 pillar, 1 sok: 4FP in 22 squares
5 Ds: lvl 7 pillar, lvl 2 pillar, 1 sok: 5FP in 22 squares
6 Ds: lvl 7 pillar, lvl 3 pillar, 1 sok: 5FP in 22 squares
7 Ds: lvl 7 pillar, lvl 4 pillar, 1 sok: 5FP in 22 squares
8 Ds: lvl 7 pillar, lvl 5 pillar, 1 sok: 6FP in 22 squares
9 Ds: lvl 7 pillar, lvl 6 pillar, 1 sok: 6FP in 22 squares
10 Ds: lvl 7 pillar, lvl 7 pillar, 1 sok: 7FP in 22 squares

Now I'm going to make the assumption that I will spend FBs only on the SOK DS, and that I will have 3 PoH upgrades and 1 SOK from TDs. I'll also assume that this person wouldn't build a 1 FP pillar and that it would sit in the inventory.
1 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 2 SOK: 2 FP in 8 squares
2 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 3 SOK: 3 FP in 12 squares
3 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 4 SOK: 4 FP in 16 squares
4 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 5 SOK: 5 FP in 20 squares
5 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 6 SOK: 6 FP in 24 squares
6 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 7 SOK: 7 FP in 28 squares
7 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 8 SOK: 8 FP in 32 squares
8 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 9 SOK: 9 FP in 36 squares
9 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 10 SOK: 10 FP in 40 squares
10 DS: lvl 4 pillar, 11 SOK: 11 FP in 44 squares

So it seems to me the main advantage of going PoH over SOK would be to save space. The FP per square is much more efficient with PoH even though the FPs cost more DS overall. To me the break even point would be like 3 DS. You can have 4fp/13sq vs. 4fp/16sq. After this it seems more efficient to go for SOKs than PoH, unless you're really hurting for space in your city.

Let me know what your thoughts are about this before we all blow our footballs in a few days.

If you're not spending money on more footballs, it's definitely correct to stop after you get your first level 7 PoH, and focus on SoK.

The real question to me, is whether it's worth getting a second PoH, with the thought that the upgrades will be offered as DCs?

DeletedUser2548

[Edit 1/26/2018 - It was pointed out to me that you get 150 free footballs from Inno if you receive their e-mail newsletter. This brings the total possible number of footballs (no diamonds) to 3640.

Where can you sign up for the newsletter to get these extra footballs?

DeletedUser31440

Where can you sign up for the newsletter to get these extra footballs?

You signed up for the newsletter when you created your account. So long as you didn't register through Facebook the email should have sent to the email that is associated with your FoE account, you may need to check your spam folder though. It was sent the first day of the event I believe.

ODragon

You signed up for the newsletter when you created your account. So long as you didn't register through Facebook the email should have sent to the email that is associated with your FoE account, you may need to check your spam folder though. It was sent the first day of the event I believe.

Apparently there are many of us who don't get the email.

DeletedUser31440

Apparently there are many of us who don't get the email.

Mine was in my spam folder, saw it after someone mentioned it on here. If your spam folder auto deletes after so many days that may be why you didn't see it.

DeletedUser2548

Checked both inbox and spam ~ wasn't in either. Sent an email to innogames asking for the free footballs. Hope I get them!