• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl 2023 Feedback

Xenosaur

Was targeting 1 store bldg per day, for solid reasons.

Reno/1 up kits avail already thru Orrery

Again, the unique hook....nerfed post launch, with no mention in the announcement

Every player targets something different, and to represent this event as being a nerf is disingenuous. You can have all the solid reasons you want for your game strategy, and I do understand your need for massive amounts of store building inventory items, but you're not thinking about what INNO is trying to do. Let me remind you:

The target market for these events is clear:

New Players, growing their cities - willing to spend money (and do...)

The changes they made facilitates this - and are more constructive to THAT GOAL.

New players and frankly - most players - could care less about Store building fragments or store building kits, if they get anything at all. I have 3 digits of them - and get plenty from the GE, Daily Challenge, etc.

Most new cities are in "game-anabolic" mode, hungry for FP, Goods production and war help - and accordingly...

That's what this event was designed to deliver, and then buffed to make it better. WHICH IT DOES.

INNO removed what most consider event "superfluous" (JUNK), they added more event and game value, they facilitated a way for players to get MORE BUILDINGS to populate the growing cities of new players (and even veterans), if they're interested in doing that.

WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE ABOUT THE CHANGES? Such hostility about being vastly shortchanged? Bah... That's not balanced.

If you're going to focus on a single micro-nerf (change) that doesn't help you as directly as it did - and dismiss the entire bigger picture of what the changes do for 90% of the gamers playing, then you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

The changes Inno made are constructive to the event, and the population of players they're targeting to help.

That's what I'm telling them, in a positive way, by the changes they made.

Last edited:

Dursland

Hey before you get banned from forums, could you at least tell us why you want one store building a day? What are you even going to do with all that?

Xenosaur

@vp961

You're characterizing this in the most hostile of ways.

What if Inno chose to double the fragments of interest to you (Store building), vs half them? Would you still be here spouting all this toxicity and venom?

Definitely not.

So look - we admire your absolute, unrelenting, and singular desire to have everybody here pay attention to your perspective of deep game injury. It's impressive. However, the way you're doing it is not commendable. Ad hominems don't work and are a very risky forum strategy (as previously called out). We do at least acknowledge that you're committed to the task of trying to get censured.

Recapitulating...the right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously.

Last edited:

McBluefire

While the Pizzeria is really all about goods and previous goods with a decent FP amount (thanks for the increase).... it is unfortunate that the fragments were halved. Yeah, it's cool that with one Pizzeria one can get a store building every 15 days, so not a major loss, but still seems kind of silly to reduce that on the move from beta to live.

Pericles the Lion

Its called bait and switch fan boy
What you have described is NOT "bait and switch". You accepted an offer to purchase some quantity of diamonds. This offer probably included a deep discount and, perhaps, a bonus of event currency. Did you not receive the diamonds? Was what you received not as described in the offering? I bet that you did and it was. What you are complaining about is that an item that you wanted to purchase with the diamonds changed after your purchase. So what? Show us where INNO promised you that they would not alter the specs of the Pizzeria (or any other item in the game). You have been playing long enough to know that INNO changes the specs of items in the game.

Pericles the Lion

While the Pizzeria is really all about goods and previous goods with a decent FP amount (thanks for the increase).... it is unfortunate that the fragments were halved. Yeah, it's cool that with one Pizzeria one can get a store building every 15 days, so not a major loss, but still seems kind of silly to reduce that on the move from beta to live.
Halving the number of frags, in exchange for more FPs and the attack army defense boost seems more than fair. IMO, the difference between getting a store building item every 7.5 days versus every 15 days is of no consequence.

stymie of Suwannee

I planned on swapping out my recent Tarot Card Caravan with the Pizzaria, mainly for Store Building pieces like many. Any disappointment on (unnoticed) quantity, makes it have long term potential. Sure, get too creative on Inno screwing up your “plan”, but attacking others in such a nasty way is silly and embarrassing. Probably speaks to your difficulties and your somewhat stupid plan.

xivarmy

Hey before you get banned from forums, could you at least tell us why you want one store building a day? What are you even going to do with all that?
The gist from the people discussing this plan on beta is that the space taken up by your 1 traz-feeding-barracks in your city can be used for an event building if you:

- Collect Event Building
- Store Event Building
- Build Barracks
- Collect Alcatraz
- Sell Barracks
- Build Event Building from Inventory

(daily)

Ebeondi Asi

I almost was going to work this event. Glad I again decided there is just not enough in the main prize to even bother.
The main problem as it affects me are weak Event main buildings. that they are just almost good enough.. is not enough, when I already have equal or better filling my cities full !!! That others are playing "catch-up" does not actually matter. Since i can't really do any better until Inno actually offers something better worth spending money on. This has been true for several events in a row now. Can't help it, I have nothing to spend money on. And I'm betting a lot of other whales have nothing worth grabbing either (except in Dilmun LOL )

SnowyNinja

So I don't know if this happened before but what happened to the event stride box, I haven't gotten to the daily quests till this event since I think the Halloween and there isn't one so how when did that happen

UBERhelp1

So I don't know if this happened before but what happened to the event stride box, I haven't gotten to the daily quests till this event since I think the Halloween and there isn't one so how when did that happen
They don't exist anymore. They haven't been part of the events since the Summer Event.

Dursland

I almost was going to work this event. Glad I again decided there is just not enough in the main prize to even bother.
The main problem as it affects me are weak Event main buildings. that they are just almost good enough.. is not enough, when I already have equal or better filling my cities full !!! That others are playing "catch-up" does not actually matter. Since i can't really do any better until Inno actually offers something better worth spending money on. This has been true for several events in a row now. Can't help it, I have nothing to spend money on. And I'm betting a lot of other whales have nothing worth grabbing either (except in Dilmun LOL )
You should love the St Patrick's event then - the building in that one has a higher combined att/att's def boost than chocolatery. Makes fragments of another building too.

stymie of Suwannee

Yes, the Druid Hut, very snappy stats. Very very. And it grows Death Trees. Awesome. They’ll go well with “too many” Nurcracker Guardhouses.

Johnny B. Goode

It was launched with 2 frags. There's your confirmation. Had already begun collecting.

I had 3 Pizzeria on first day, targeting 8, to make 1 store bldg per day

Diamonds paid for and spent based on the info Inno provided.
I find it very interesting that you would spend Diamonds (and bought Diamonds at that) for a daily Store Building item. I mean, they come in useful occasionally, but not really that often. I pretty much only use them on rare occasions to temporarily store a building and immediately place it again for a Happiness event quest. I plan on building a Pizzeria if I get the full upgrades, but mostly because of the goods, not the fragments. I'll use the fragments, of course, but they are by no means the main attraction of that building. I wouldn't care if they took them away, to be honest.

Pericles the Lion

The gist from the people discussing this plan on beta is that the space taken up by your 1 traz-feeding-barracks in your city can be used for an event building if you:

- Collect Event Building
- Store Event Building
- Build Barracks
- Collect Alcatraz
- Sell Barracks
- Build Event Building from Inventory

(daily)
This is an interesting idea but it doesn't seem to consider the impact of the recruitment bonus on the Traz. In my case, with a 38% recruitment bonus, I'd be storing an Event building with about 8 hours of refresh time on it (if I stored it immediately before building the barracks) or have an empty space (if I stored it immediately after collecting) or have a partially baked barracks (if I stored the Event building immediately after collecting and build the barracks immediately). Then, after collecting the Traz and rebuilding the Event building, the cycle repeats but this time the Traz will be ready to collect in 15 hours but the Event building will have 9 hours remaining. With zero recruitment bonus it would be easy to synchronize otherwise, less so.

Emberguard

Respectfully, I'll wait to hear what INNO has to say.
Posted 38 minutes ago:

There was also an issue, that the Pizzeria only produced 1 Fragment after this change. This has been hotfixed on live today.

image.png

@vp961 good news. Inno fixed it, and looks like it must have been a bug

Johnny B. Goode

This is an interesting idea but it doesn't seem to consider the impact of the recruitment bonus on the Traz. In my case, with a 38% recruitment bonus, I'd be storing an Event building with about 8 hours of refresh time on it (if I stored it immediately before building the barracks) or have an empty space (if I stored it immediately after collecting) or have a partially baked barracks (if I stored the Event building immediately after collecting and build the barracks immediately). Then, after collecting the Traz and rebuilding the Event building, the cycle repeats but this time the Traz will be ready to collect in 15 hours but the Event building will have 9 hours remaining. With zero recruitment bonus it would be easy to synchronize otherwise, less so.
I believe that the plan calls for collecting from the Traz when the event building is ready, not when the Traz is ready. In other words, basically ignoring the recruitment bonus. Not a bad idea, actually. Assuming, of course, that you spend the money/Diamonds to get the one-Store-Building-a day set of Pizzerias.

ScreamingZiva

I see that today's Grand Prize is a One Up Kit. This is very disappointing as a Renovation Kit was available on Beta. The One Up Kit did not appear on Beta so I am guessing it was swapped with the Renovation Kit. Why the change?