• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Friday over?

DeletedUser36543

So is that really the end of Forge Friday with no word from InnoGames, or am I supposed to stay up all night just in case?

Victoria and Albert

I was really disappointed in this. I thought it was going to be sort of a shopping list, where you could "Add
to Cart" for all sorts of items. Imagine the money INNO could have made if it offered expansions, SOKs, GB prints, rogue hideouts and champion retreats, forge point packs as a shopping list!
I think people would have been dropping diamonds and buying more diamonds to get all that was on Santa's list!
Instead, I got bored seeing the same things offered at "reduced diamond cost". Whaaaat? If the items don't actually COST diamonds, how can they show a reduced price?
I would have spent money on some things I wanted. Instead, I did not get a single thing.
Thoughts?

DeletedUser33220

I also did not get a damned thing. Was pretty tempted by the ship upgrades (I could use an 8th ship), but I resisted. Bought nothing.

DeletedUser33220

Items do cost diamonds. You should pay attention.

I think what he's trying to say is that the items being offered were previously "prizes", with an indeterminate amount of diamonds required to win said prize. Since you cannot just normally purchase the items with diamonds at any given time you wish, their "sale" on those items was, in fact, not some rock-bottom discount, but rather was another attempt by Inno to get us to spend diamonds by making up a starting price and then discounting it. They could have just as easily said "99% off!! Normally 1,000,000 diamonds, now only 1,000!" There is no baseline for comparison, so you have no way of telling if it's a "deal" or not.

Victoria and Albert

My point was that there are items - expansions, special buildings even avatars - which I have wanted and might have actually dropped diamonds for. I cannot get these things at any time I want. They do not have a price tag of diamonds.
It would have been an opportunity for us. And I do not know why INNO told us it was going to be a Black Friday deal and offered some lame, common prize every hour.

Last edited:

Agent327

I think what he's trying to say is that the items being offered were previously "prizes", with an indeterminate amount of diamonds required to win said prize. Since you cannot just normally purchase the items with diamonds at any given time you wish, their "sale" on those items was, in fact, not some rock-bottom discount, but rather was another attempt by Inno to get us to spend diamonds by making up a starting price and then discounting it. They could have just as easily said "99% off!! Normally 1,000,000 diamonds, now only 1,000!" There is no baseline for comparison, so you have no way of telling if it's a "deal" or not.

Again, pay attention. Items like a SoK or a renokit come by as special daily offers. You get 24 hrs to buy them with diamonds. There did was a sale on those items. They were offered much cheaper now.

My point was that there are items - expansions, special buildings even avatars - which I have wanted and might have actually dropped diamonds for. I cannot get these things at any time I want. They do not have a price tag of diamonds.

Special buildings and items do!

Balloon Site 1500 diamonds
Fountain of Youth 2000 diamonds
Aviary 2000 diamonds
Tree of Love 400 diamonds
Sacred Sky Watch 2000 diamonds
Wishing Well 2000 diamonds

all have come by.

It would have been an opportunity for us. And I do not know why INNO told us it was going to be a Black Friday deal and offered some lame, common prize every hour.

What is lame and common about ship upgrades?

Last edited:

DeletedUser35836

Not Interested. I want a chance to buy the final Tholos upgrade I need. The two they offered Friday wasn’t enough.

Victoria and Albert

I am just not making myself clear. I wanted a list to pick from like you would in a catalog. Even items that can be bought with diamonds, as everyone so thoughtfully reminds me, are only offered on a limited window. What if you think there might be something else so you don’t buy that SOK and then nothing you want comes along? And I , again, thought it might be fun to see items not usually for sale for diamonds like an avatar. Even an expansion, which you folks so lovingly remind me are available for diamonds, are not available all the time. Right now . I have no diamond expansions in my city available. That is all.

RazorbackPirate

Even an expansion, which you folks so lovingly remind me are available for diamonds, are not available all the time. Right now . I have no diamond expansions in my city available. That is all.
2 diamond expansions become available each time you unlock an age. Expansions are never offered for purchase beyond that. You will never see expansions offered beyond that.

Victoria and Albert

I am parked in Colonial. Again,it would have been cool to buy an expansion.
Again , as I have said before, I thank all those who wish to show me how misguided and misinformed I am.
I am totally sorry I brought this up. Really thought a nice list of items for sale would have been a nice change compared to a daily special of a single item.
Again, thanks for all the support.