• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Plus Feedback

Kranyar the Mysterious

We hope you enjoy Forge Plus, and should you have any questions or comments, please provide your feedback here!

Wow, all of that for the low, low price of just $50, for less than a month of bonus and rewards per world. Welcome to the wonderful world of Pay To Play FoE!

Glad to see it is designed specifically for grizzled hardcore players!!! :rolleyes:

So if this is the first package, what is the second package?

Is there overlap between packages if you want to renew?

Is the option to renew even going to be available, or is it just a one time deal?

Do you have to purchase the Counselor Package for a month before receiving access to the second package?

Why is there no mention in the purchase description that this is a world bound membership, and not account bound and available on all worlds? Or is it? We don't know, can only go from what we've seen during testing. I can see people thinking they are getting it account bound, only to find out after purchase that this isn't the case. They can always file a support ticket for their money back, but that shouldn't be necessary. Feels somehow wrong to me for several reasons, but I'm sure it is something that is totally innocent and was just missed, even if it was discussed / asked about multiple times in the beta forum feedback thread with no reply/answer.

Why is it so expensive compared to the very limited amount of bonus that is given?

Why doesn't the package last a full month or at least 30 days instead of 28?

Why is there no diamond option available? No diamond option = Pay to Play, something the community has gone out of it's way on sites like Google Play to counter for years. Now, we can no longer honestly tell people that the game isn't Pay to Play. The latest Castle update requiring 17 years to earn in game was pushing the PTP paywall, but this flat out breaks it.

So few details for something that is coming out tomorrow and that you want people to spend cash on.

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

In addition, we're also interested in your ideas moving forward! Are there certain packages, with certain rewards, that you would like to see? Let us know as well within the feedback section. But please keep in mind, that there are no guarantees, and while we are interested in what you come up with, in many cases, it will not be possible for us to implement it.

As to what I'd like to see...

First, a diamond purchase option.

Second, a much lower price, unless the bonuses/rewards are vastly increased.

Third, for different rewards in other packages, a good place would be to start with giving a quantity of diamonds either daily or weekly. A meaningful amount of fp would be second. Maybe some unique portraits?

Fourth, a purchased subscription should be account bound and work on all worlds, with any rewards given on each (except diamonds of course which are account based).

Anything else that is actually meaningful that I can think of off the top of my head would quickly become OP, and some things like Aid All shouldn't ever be locked behind a paywall.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

I'll be interested to see what price point is offered. I've seen references to at least three different prices during the A/B testing. In my cities the price was $29.99. And if more than one pricing option is available it will be interesting to see the difference in benefits between the different levels.

I bought the test package in one city for $29.99. Most of the benefits I didn't even notice. The nicest one was the ability to store way more FP on the bar. Second was the free collect all, although that is kind of a pain during events. It collects Incidents, too...which normally would be nice, but during an event you don't really always want to collect all your Incidents along with everything else. Plus, if you're doing RQs during collections, this feature is completely worthless.

Although I'm curious as to what will be offered tomorrow, it would have to be a huge upgrade from what I saw for me to ever buy it again.

Pericles the Lion

I don't see anything in the package that would get me to spend real money. It's just another half-baked idea. I guess I'm not a "grizzled hardcore player".

Thanks to @Deadpool for the following:

In the pack are offered:
- Increased forge point storage: > Useless for new and old players who harvest more than 1,000 FP per day.
- Collect everything for free: > useful and replaces the collection of 5 diamonds, but, on PC, 250 diamonds only cost $4.99.
- Town Hall bonus: > 15% will only be useful for beginners
- Reward delivery: > useful for players who are just starting out
- Exclusive timer: > useless for players who are just starting out, they don't have enough to sell, and for old ones who are already overflowing with antique pieces
- Refresh the shop: > useless, there are too few interesting articles, drowned in a mass of articles unnecessary.
- Double emissary production: > wow what a doc contribution either 2 FP or 2 ress or 2 more units
- New avatar outline: > very useful to show that we are spending money for the game
- Recruitment bonus: > useful only for players who are just starting out, especially since this bonus does not modify the times of the alcatraz in any way, the elders are overflowing with troops to compensate for the healing and hardly recruit anymore via the barracks.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Recruitment bonus: > useful only for players who are just starting out, especially since this bonus does not modify the times of the alcatraz in any way, the elders are overflowing with troops to compensate for the healing and hardly recruit anymore via the barracks.
Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to this detail when I had the package. However, it would be strange if it didn't apply to the Alcatraz. The guild recruitment boost applies to it and it wouldn't be consistent for this to be different. Like I said, though, I didn't specifically notice this.

EDIT: Looking at the package available in the city where I bought it, it didn't include the Recruitment Bonus, so that's why I didn't pay attention to it. LOL

EDIT2: I'm thinking that the date in this announcement is off. I still only have the $29.99 package available, which doesn't include the Recruitment Bonus. I'm thinking the full feature will go live with the regular update tomorrow.

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

it would be strange if it didn't apply to the Alcatraz. The guild recruitment boost applies to it and it wouldn't be consistent for this to be different.
It was verified to not affect Traz on beta, and it seems like there was a valid mechanic reasoning for why. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit - couldn't find the post I was looking for, but what I did find had to do with Traz not being affected by the Tavern recruitment boost either. That feels right, but thought there was something else too. @LeCron can you verify one way or the other how it works on live (in case it changed)

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

It was verified to not affect Traz on beta, and it seems like there was a valid mechanic reasoning for why. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit - couldn't find the post I was looking for, but what I did find had to do with Traz not being affected by the Tavern recruitment boost either. That feels right, but thought there was something else too. @LeCron can you verify one way or the other how it works on live (in case it changed)
I never use the Tavern recruitment boost, so I went to one of my worlds and tested that. And you're right, it doesn't affect the Traz. Which is interesting, since the guild level recruitment boost does affect the Traz. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow (update to announcement says they're delaying implementation until tomorrow) to find out for sure. Of course, that means someone will have to buy the package to see. Should we flip a coin? Or maybe play rock/paper/scissors? :D

Kranyar the Mysterious

I never use the Tavern recruitment boost, so I went to one of my worlds and tested that. And you're right, it doesn't affect the Traz. Which is interesting, since the guild level recruitment boost does affect the Traz.
If the tavern boost did affect Traz I might use it daily, since the attack boost doesn't make a difference in my city anymore.

I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow (update to announcement says they're delaying implementation until tomorrow) to find out for sure. Of course, that means someone will have to buy the package to see. Should we flip a coin? Or maybe play rock/paper/scissors? :D
I'd rather not waste the money to find out, and just get answers for simple questions directly from Inno. They did request for us to ask any questions we have here in this thread after all. Hopefully they extend us the courtesy of actually answering at least the ones that can't be easily and accurately determined by players.

Besides, I remove anyone with a gold frame around their portrait from my friend's list as a matter of course. Don't want anyone feeling the need to apply the same courtesy to me.

hades8840

Thought this was already rolled out as i had it on all my worlds could never not even for a minute justify the cost this is ..when it was first on my worlds it was £28.99 or there abouts now i notice its £48.99 so for a month for me would be £391.92p per month ..there is no words just isnt

Johnny B. Goode

Has this been rolled out? The reason I ask is because I still only have the $29.99 package available and it doesn't include the Recruitment Bonus listed in the announcement.

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
Has this been rolled out? The reason I ask is because I still only have the $29.99 package available and it doesn't include the Recruitment Bonus listed in the announcement.

Yes, and it looks like the content in the game might differ a little from the image in the announcement (maybe something changed before the deployment - if it's the case, sorry about that). I'll ask around just to make sure.

The content of the package is described in the game (when you click on the Carriage).

Pericles the Lion

I like the avatar frame. It's somewhat analogous to dust on items in a grocery store. See dust...item isn't popular. See no frames....ForgePlus isn't popular (or players are embarrassed to admit they spent the money so they deactivated it). INNO needs to either lower the price or improve the benefits (or both). On my main, 140 friends + 80 guildies + 75 hoodies and not a single frame.

qaccy

This service ain't for players who use the forums. It's for players who don't know any better (like new players) and have money to burn.

28 days also seems like an odd length for the duration at first, but consider that months aren't all the same length and that 28 days is an even 4 weeks. Makes a lot more sense that way.

Chino Kafuu

Really way to expensive for what you pay. For what it all comes with I wouldn't pay more than 4.99-9.99. Comes with no Castle points upon purchase. I really don't have any problems paying 5 diamonds for a collection, or finding incidents. Really never refresh AH. The attack and defense boosts are not significant to make a difference on my player. Double collection on the ambesy kinda not worth it. Never have a fp storage problem. I think this product is more to prey on new players for boosts rather than hardcore players. I unfortunately purchased one month. I'll never buy again.