• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forgotten Temple Boost

puzzle63

The Forgotten Temple give a 20% boost in fp's on all building in your city. No GB's. So why doesn't the Nutcracker Guardhouse get the 20% boost? 3 x 20% =3.6 Which equals 4. You always round up for everything else in the game. The House of Wolf is 4 fp's. 4 x 20% = 4.8 equals 5. So why are we getting the extra fp on the nutcracker?

xivarmy

The Forgotten Temple give a 20% boost in fp's on all building in your city. No GB's. So why doesn't the Nutcracker Guardhouse get the 20% boost? 3 x 20% =3.6 Which equals 4. You always round up for everything else in the game. The House of Wolf is 4 fp's. 4 x 20% = 4.8 equals 5. So why are we getting the extra fp on the nutcracker?
I hadn't paid attention to this since getting it. This was an interesting question i had on beta. The nutcracker has 2 seperate lines, 1 FP and 2 FP when motivated... so 1*1.2 = 1 ; 2 * 1.2 = 2.4 = 2. 1+2 = 3. I had hoped it'd be (1+2)*1.2 = 3.6 = 4, but if you're saying you're not getting it, I guess not. I'll have to look next collection to confirm (it's plausible it's just not displayed because it's in 2 lines but does actually collect 4)

xivarmy

It rounds normally:

1683556632459.png

(usually a 3 FP building)

But buildings with split-lines (some FP unmotivated, some motivated may have their lines "boosted" separately - they at least do not (and probably cannot) show the boost before collection):

1683556722311.png

Edit: A 3rd interesting case

1683557319385.png

(normally 3+4 FP, displays 4+5 FP, but if it rounds after it'll in fact be only 8 FP for an overly-optimistic display error)

Looking forward to tonight's collection to find out which case it is in reality - round before or round after.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

I haven't built my FT yet so I can't check something. I wonder it the 20% boost only applies to the building's base production. Buildings such as the Stage of Ages, Olympic Treasury, House of the Wolf only produce FPs when motivated. It would be interesting to see if a motivated SoA (production 4 FPs) ends up giving 5 FPs (with the 20% FT boost) or only 4. Or, if a L10 OT (motivated production of 8 FPS) gives a boosted 10 or just 8.

xivarmy

I haven't built my FT yet so I can't check something. I wonder it the 20% boost only applies to the building's base production. Buildings such as the Stage of Ages, Olympic Treasury, House of the Wolf only produce FPs when motivated. It would be interesting to see if a motivated SoA (production 4 FPs) ends up giving 5 FPs (with the 20% FT boost) or only 4. Or, if a L10 OT (motivated production of 8 FPS) gives a boosted 10 or just 8.
Motivated productions are definitely boosted. It'd be nigh-worthless if they were not as most FP does come from motivation.

1683557735263.png

puzzle63

Got my ticket back from Inno and this is what it says.

Hello puzzle63,

Thank you for contacting the Forge of Empires Support Team.

We are sorry to see you are having problems playing Forge of Empires.

We are aware of the boosted forge point issue and it has been forwarded to our development team.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this is causing you.

If you have further concerns in the meantime, or any additional information you feel is relevant, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best regards,
Apocalypso
Senior in-game Moderator

xivarmy

Well to answer how it does work currently, in the half-motivated cases it appears to round on a per-line basis, and the tooltip on buildings are correct.

- My L9 Druid Huts did Produce 4+1+3+1=9 rather than 7+1=8.
- Nutcracker did produce 1+0+2+0=3, not 3+1=4.

There was however one weird one I noticed at the start...

My Hippodrome Sphendome with 8 attached leukoi tracks produced 19... which is 16+3, not 8+2+8+2 (which is what its tooltip displayed 10+10); so it seems chain pieces get added to the main production before the rounding.

I don't believe I have any sets that it makes a difference for to see how their bonuses combine (begonia bench is 2+0+3+1 or 5+1 so is the same either way). Moon Gate might be the right test piece for this - but my cities that still have a moon gate do not yet have a temple. Lv 1 moongate is 1+2. So either 3 if boosted separately or 4 if boosted together. Lv 2 moongate is 2+6 which is either 10 (8+2) if combined first or 9 (2+0+6+1) if boosted and then combined.

Last edited:

DreadfulCadillac

i

IDK, but I can report that my Log Cabins (base production = 3fp/Cabin) are providing 4 FP each now, thanks to the Forgotten Temple. So, perhaps it varies per building?

Pericles the Lion

I built the Forgotten Temple in my main city today. About an hour later I collected my city. The 20% boost did not work on anything. I sent in a ticket to Support. Their reply was "we are aware of the issue and have forwarded it to the Developers".

Dursland

I built the Forgotten Temple in my main city today. About an hour later I collected my city. The 20% boost did not work on anything. I sent in a ticket to Support. Their reply was "we are aware of the issue and have forwarded it to the Developers".
Wow, RIP.

That's pretty bad, you should calculate how much fp you _didn't_ get and ask support to add it to your bar.

Long shot but they might do it.

Xenosaur

Has anyone determined or is it documented somewhere how the ordering interaction of both the FT boosts and the BG (Blue Galaxy) boost? It would seem to me that logically, the FT works first, then the BG doubles from there (if a probability hit occurs for the double). Confirmation by study? I don't have a FT yet to try this.

Xenosaur

It's probably best then, I think, if Inno fully explained, and we all understood how the multiple boosting issues interact and take precedence, along with the BG doubling features, so no one's disappointed they're getting less than expected, or computed.

xivarmy

When I had the Cobalt doubler it only worked if the BG wasn't activated for the Keymasters , EG only one doubler allowed on those.
FP Boost is not a doubler like Cobalt Lagoon. You can have both FP boost and a double ; but a double is a binary state it's either doubled or its not so having two doubles active would accomplish nothing.

Has anyone determined or is it documented somewhere how the ordering interaction of both the FT boosts and the BG (Blue Galaxy) boost? It would seem to me that logically, the FT works first, then the BG doubles from there (if a probability hit occurs for the double). Confirmation by study? I don't have a FT yet to try this.

It's Round(Boosted FP) * 2 when it doubles. My Lv 9 Druid hut for instance as an overly-advantageous-round-up (composed of 2 separate round ups) made 18 FP when it doubled.

Ebeondi Asi

Any Event Building in your city that has Forge points directly (not in packets etc) shows the number of FP when you look at it's offerings. . and the Forgotten Temple percentage is added when in the city the Event Buildings then include the FT boost.
I just added a second (lasting a few days with both) and right off I saw the Cartographer which is 9 Fp was showing 13Fp so clearly both 20% FT were operational.
The Blue galaxy multiples whatever is shown. so the answer is yes they both work together.

Last edited: