• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forum Question

OldAdam12

Q1: Are "unformatted ideas" looked at for future development enhancements, or is that essentially an electronic dust bin?

Q2: If you don't want to try to take the time to created a "formatted" idea for a poll that maybe 10-20 people bother with (which is probably less than 1% of all FOE users) just to get it shot down and shot down even more if you try to revise the idea based on the feedback given - does it make sense to post those ideas here? Will they still be looked at for future enhancements? Or do you *have* to go the route of creating a formatted idea with a poll question that needs to be a simple yes/no response?

Nicholas002

Q1: Are "unformatted ideas" looked at for future development enhancements, or is that essentially an electronic dust bin?

Q2: If you don't want to try to take the time to created a "formatted" idea for a poll that maybe 10-20 people bother with (which is probably less than 1% of all FOE users) just to get it shot down and shot down even more if you try to revise the idea based on the feedback given - does it make sense to post those ideas here? Will they still be looked at for future enhancements? Or do you *have* to go the route of creating a formatted idea with a poll question that needs to be a simple yes/no response?
For an idea to reach the devs, it has to be formatted, and get enough support in a poll.

if you don’t want to go through the work of formatting, you could post in the discussion section, and hope someone else formats it for you.

Agent327

Formatting is required. If you don't take the time to do so, why should anybody take the time to look at it? It's a dustbin.

You do.

Agent327

I'm not complaining or anything, I'm just curious as to why the Mods care about the format. This is a game people play for fun, not an english essay

The format is used to make sure that all parts of the idea are adressed and it meets all requirements. It is what is needed to make sure that ideas forwarded to the devs are possible improvements.

DevaCat

I am partial to tenderloin, so if you promise that, I'm easy (what can I say?). :D

Q1: no, if someone does not take the trouble to format it, no one is going to take the trouble of considering it.

Q2: well, more than one question here, but in order. 1. No, if you don't want to take the time, then I wouldn't bother. 2. No, if you didn't bother to do it right before, why would you think anyone would look at your idea in the future? 3. Yes, if you want any possible action on your idea, it's a good idea to use the suggested format and put up a simple yes/no poll.

Look, it's simple. A format gives us a general outline so that an idea is presented in a coherent entireity that enables others to consider and fairly evaluate it, without confusion or misinterpretation. Requiring a yes/no poll makes it necessary for an idea poster to distill their idea to a clear essence, no ambiguity allowed, so that others are clear about what they are voting to pass along to Inno for possible action. There is no conspiracy to deny your ideas or suggestions. Now if your idea just really sucks, I can't help you. But if you care about something, don't give up: figure out how to format it and make a simple poll, and you will have a chance to have your idea and opinion heard.

OldAdam12

I asked, you answered, Next time I have a bunch of time on my hands - *not* playing FOE - I'll try to format my ideas according to the desired standard.

Agent327

I asked, you answered, Next time I have a bunch of time on my hands - *not* playing FOE - I'll try to format my ideas according to the desired standard.

Better use that time to start searching first. You might find out your idea isn't as original as you think it is.