• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

fountain of youth & wishing well

• Thread starter DeletedUser31092
  • Start date

DeletedUser31092

would you replace the fountain of youth for the shrunk wishing well for space purposes

Goth Almighty

I know this is off topic, more or less, but I figure the Shrunk Wishing Well kit is the most worthless reward in the event. I must have 15. But is that bc I also figure the Wishing Well and Fountain of Youth are two of the smaller wastes of space in the game? I don't have a single one in my city.

DeletedUser26965

I know this is off topic, more or less, but I figure the Shrunk Wishing Well kit is the most worthless reward in the event. I must have 15. But is that bc I also figure the Wishing Well and Fountain of Youth are two of the smaller wastes of space in the game? I don't have a single one in my city.
I'm just going to guess either you don't know Diamonds are cross-world therefore WW's are probably the most sought after building in the game for alt worlds for just such purpose or you just don't care for that aspect of the game. I agree for a my main city they're not very good so I don't build them in my main city either but my alt cities are full of them.

DeletedUser35475

I'm just going to guess either you don't know Diamonds are cross-world therefore WW's are probably the most sought after building in the game for alt worlds for just such purpose or you just don't care for that aspect of the game. I agree for a my main city they're not very good so I don't build them in my main city either but my alt cities are full of them.

What is the chance of the Wishing Well giving diamonds? I have a few and I don't recall getting diamonds very often.

DeletedUser26965

I bet you do. I can barely manage 3 cities. :eek:
It's actually not very demanding though. I'm on all the worlds and it only takes like 10 minutes to go through them and collect. Of course setting them up takes time, sort of, I mean it only takes like maybe what 10 minutes to get through the tutorial? Been a while, but you do them over time when you can and before you know it you're on all of them.

The only time it gets busy is during events like this where there's WW's in them but that's usually only for the first week or so to get through the main quests, when it goes to daily quests then it's quick and easy again. When I ran DC's on them all for data gathering purposes I found it too demanding. And when I tried to be founder in more than one world that was also too much. But this is just getting WW's so not such a big deal.

Graviton

I couldn't disagree more. Any building with a chance to give diamonds is valuable. Couple that with the fact that the most valuable resource in the game is space, and the shrink kit becomes a great prize.

DeletedUser35475

It's actually not very demanding though. I'm on all the worlds and it only takes like 10 minutes to go through them and collect. Of course setting them up takes time, sort of, I mean it only takes like maybe what 10 minutes to get through the tutorial? Been a while, but you do them over time when you can and before you know it you're on all of them.

The only time it gets busy is during events like this where there's WW's in them but that's usually only for the first week or so to get through the main quests, when it goes to daily quests then it's quick and easy again. When I ran DC's on them all for data gathering purposes I found it too demanding. And when I tried to be founder in more than one world that was also too much. But this is just getting WW's so not such a big deal.

Didn't it take a bit of playing to just get enough of them?

DeletedUser26965

Didn't it take a bit of playing to just get enough of them?
Sure, like I said it gets busy during an event like this Soccer one but overall I've been doing it for over a year and a half so relative to that and relative to playing on my main city it's not much really.

DeletedUser35475

So do you not even advance the age of those cities and just try to get wishing well in them? How many would you need to make it worthwhile, 10?

DeletedUser29623

I’ve only got 8 between two cities and it seems like they give me diamonds often enough for it to be worth it

DeletedUser35475

I don't seem to remember getting them from mine many times. I probably got the defective ones!:)

Mustapha00

My two objections to the Shrinking Wishing Well Kit are:

1. they do not work of FoY, as stated above (though I suppose the name ought to make that clear, right?)

2. you really need several of them- multiples of three in my opinion- to get much in the way of use out of them. Each one gives you back a whopping three spaces (1x3), so three of them would allow you to place one additional WW or other 3x3 building. Yes, you probably have more 2x3 slots than 3x3 slots available in your cities, but we're taking aesthetics here.

- KQ -

My two objections to the Shrinking Wishing Well Kit are:

1. they do not work of FoY, as stated above (though I suppose the name ought to make that clear, right?)

2. you really need several of them- multiples of three in my opinion- to get much in the way of use out of them. Each one gives you back a whopping three spaces (1x3), so three of them would allow you to place one additional WW or other 3x3 building. Yes, you probably have more 2x3 slots than 3x3 slots available in your cities, but we're taking aesthetics here.

Six of them give you 18 squares or two more than an expansion. Personally, I think they're one of the best event prizes in a while. Space being the most limited commodity in the game.

Fountains of Youth are a GE reward. I'm hoping that FoY shrink kits start showing up in GE. When they said "Wishing Well Shrink Kits" I had no expectation that they would work on a FoY. I wish they did, but then I wish that Gold Relics only paid out 100 Forge Points.