• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Frends list data

UltimateOne

Can the inactivity be displayed in something that actually counts the days. How about more than 7, more than 30 days, more than 90 days, and why not more than 180 days. That would help all of us manage our friends list and help enjoy the game more. Its about enjoyment and the game should help you with available data.

JJ597

Yes, we all play to enjoy the game. However, for players that actively manage their friends list, once friends hit 7 days inactive they are removed, so adding additional days is basically worthless and not something INNO should waste their time on. If you don't want to delete 7 day inactive players, that is your choice.

Xenosaur

The current setup tells you everything you need to know. A friend is active (within the last 2 days), moderately active (more than two but less than 8 days), or inactive (more than 7 days). Anything beyond that is meaningless.

Yeah really. Good call, JBG.

Seriously OP - Who is going to be on someone's friends list for 180 days... doing NOTHING. Let's get real here.

Mor-Rioghain

I'm with everyone else, it seems, what would be the point? If you aren't willing to spend the time to cull your friends list on a regular basis then I suppose you'd have to deal with the consequences of not doing so. Not even guilds know that much about their memebers' activity! The introduction of the Helping Hands is so new, the shiny hasn't worn off yet. What's next? Inno developers reprogram everything so that as soon as we log into a game world that all of our friends, neighbors, and guildies are aided automatically? :/

UltimateOne

Thanks for your thoughts. Some people are more hardcore players that others, Consider if you travel or take 2 week vacations. According to most of your standards you'll be off everyone's list. Ok to each their own. However, It would be a very easy program change to display days off since last played. keeping track of a hundred or more friends is something I personally could do without given the simple program change involved to alleviate the effort. Also, by the same standard if someone hasn't played for 180 days why does FOE keep their accounts visable/active ???

Emberguard

Personally I wouldn't mind a 14 day and 30 day indicator, but more for sentimental value to see if a friend has completely stopped playing rather than actual gameplay. If it's purely gameplay then 7 days is long enough.

Also, by the same standard if someone hasn't played for 180 days why does FOE keep their accounts visable/active ???
Because if they weren't visible you'd have no way of kicking them from your Friends List :p They are removed from neighbourhoods for inactivity though.

Graviton

It's pretty difficult to go completely off the grid in 2023. Even the most remote areas on Earth have wifi connections.

If you can't be bothered to clear your tavern or show activity at least ONCE A WEEK while on vacation then yes, you should expect consequences.
Vacations are just that: a time away from obligations. I do clear my friends list every so often but I clear it based on aiding, not tavern-sitting. It's conceivable that my tavern could be full every day, depending on what time friends are looking for a seat. So it could be indicative of nothing but bad timing if somebody hasn't sat in my tavern for a week.

MKPapa

Some free third party tools come handy here. I use such tool to gather various FOE stats from the events log on my main computer, and can see my friends and guildies activities from there.
I absolutely agree that 7 days is too short and is very bad threshold. I would suggest that you create a poll in the Ideas subforum.