• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Friends Tavern - City Shield

DeletedUser26965

1. If someone tries to attack you and you have the shield active will you know an attack was attempted?
  2. If you try to attack someone who has a shield active do you lose the ability to attack/aid them for 24hrs?
  3. Can you buy two shields and if you can will the time be added together, i.e. 24hr shield + 48hr shield = 3 day shield?
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Friends_Tavern

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8420

1. If someone tries to attack you and you have the shield active will you know an attack was attempted?
  2. If you try to attack someone who has a shield active do you lose the ability to attack/aid them for 24hrs?
  3. Can you buy two shields and if you can will the time be added together, i.e. 24hr shield + 48hr shield = 3 day shield?
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Friends_Tavern
1. don't think so
2. you lose the ability to attack them for the amount of time shield is up not sure about aiding them
3. why would you do that? just get the 16 chairs needed then place a 72 hour shield up, it would cost less then the combo you are asking about.

DeletedUser8152

3. why would you do that? just get the 16 chairs needed then place a 72 hour shield up, it would cost less then the combo you are asking about.
Maybe you are going on vacation for a week and would like your city shielded the whole time.

While I don't know for sure, I would strongly guess that it would not work this way, that multiple shield durations will overlap rather than extend.

DeletedUser8420

Jaelis - even if they extended ...shield for 24 hours then 48 hours....72 hours are 72 hours either way.

To get a week's worth of shielding you would need 72 hours then 48 hours (actually that is only 5 days not 7) if they extended but as you even stated currently that isn't the way it works.

DeletedUser26965

cmon now, wont someone go out there and sacrifice 50 diamonds, thousands of tavern silver and days of shields for the sake of my question?:rolleyes:

Well, if not, I'll probably give it a shot after I'm done with this weeks GE then come back and post the results.

Cassaundrea, the example I gave was just an example, in other words let's say I have the ability to get the 72h shield, can I, if I want, then purchase a second shield on top of that? And if I do what will happen? Say I buy the 72h and the 48h will I now have 5 days worth of shield?

As far as for question 2 I'm sure somebody has run into a shield by now. what do they see, a pop up saying you can't attack? When you attack someone now without a shield you can not attack or aid them for another 24hrs, so what I want to know is what happens when you attempt to attack someone with a shield, does the attack or aid button grey out? That is, does your "attempt" constitute the same as an attack and you can't now instead Aid them or wait till later to try again to see if the shield is down.

DeletedUser8420

cmon now, wont someone go out there and sacrifice 50 diamonds, thousands of tavern silver and days of shields for the sake of my question?:rolleyes:

Well, if not, I'll probably give it a shot after I'm done with this weeks GE then come back and post the results.

Cassaundrea, the example I gave was just an example, in other words let's say I have the ability to get the 72h shield, can I, if I want, then purchase a second shield on top of that? And if I do what will happen? Say I buy the 72h and the 48h will I now have 5 days worth of shield?

As far as for question 2 I'm sure somebody has run into a shield by now. what do they see, a pop up saying you can't attack? When you attack someone now without a shield you can not attack or aid them for another 24hrs, so what I want to know is what happens when you attempt to attack someone with a shield, does the attack or aid button grey out? That is, does your "attempt" constitute the same as an attack and you can't now instead Aid them or wait till later to try again to see if the shield is down.

I understand....lol...just being a bit rambunctious...
I have used the shield and do not remember getting a message that someone attacked and repelled, but will go back through my event history to check on this.

DeletedUser8420

Nope no messages whether someone tried and was repelled ....but since I stopped using it the same player has been once again attacking me daily.

DeletedUser26965

but since I stopped using it the same player has been once again attacking me daily.
See, you might find a 5 day shield useful;)

My feeling though is with jaelis in that if you do buy a 72hr and a 48hr they might just combine and it will just stay 72hr and not stack for 5 days but we won't actually know till we try.

I guess I can also ask a neighbor to apply a shield and then try to attack them to see what happens on my end then ask them if they find anything on their end to indicate that I did, perhaps I'll do that as well after GE and post when I find out.

wolfhoundtoo

Another player indicated that you can't get 2 attack boosts from your tavern when they tried it so I'd expect you can't get two shields either. the 2nd boost must be different.

Note - I just confirmed that when you select an attacker boost and open the 2nd (temporary) slot that the boost type you utilized is blacked out so you can't get 2 of the same kind.

DeletedUser26965

I just confirmed that when you select an attacker boost and open the 2nd (temporary) slot that the boost type you utilized is blacked out so you can't get 2 of the same kind.

Yep, I just found that out when I tried to get two Extra Turn boosts, after you get the first boost then the entire row of boosts is blacked out and you can't buy a second of that same boost type. Of course you have to spend 50 diamonds to find out this inconvenient little fact, hmmmm, sure would have been nice to include that info in the description. So I guess that answers question 3:

Q3. Can you buy two shields and if you can will the time be added together, i.e. 24hr shield + 48hr shield = 3 day shield?
A3: No, you can not buy a second boost of the same type.

DeletedUser26965

• If someone tries to attack you and you have the shield active will you know an attack was attempted?
  • If you try to attack someone who has a shield active do you lose the ability to attack/aid them for 24hrs?
  • Can you buy two shields and if you can will the time be added together, i.e. 24hr shield + 48hr shield = 3 day shield?

Okay, I got the answer to number 1 & 2.

Q1: If someone tries to attack you and you have the shield active will you know an attack was attempted?
A1: No, if you have a shield active the attack option is removed and they can not attempt an attack until the shield is down.

Q2: If you try to attack someone who has a shield active do you lose the ability to attack/aid them for 24hrs?
A2: No, if a player has a shield active the attack option is removed and you can not attempt an attack until the shield is down.

Q3. Can you buy two shields and if you can will the time be added together, i.e. 24hr shield + 48hr shield = 3 day shield?
A3: No, you can not buy a second boost of the same type.