• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Friends Tavern Customizations Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser8152

This tablecloth thing is now annoying. Now on chat you hear people saying if someone doesn't have a tablecloth, but has a tray up a couple levels they are selfish. They talk about booting people who choose not to do the tablecloth, yet upgrade their table in other ways. So now we have "selfish" people not upgrading their tablecloths and other "selfish" people booting them "out of principle". They are not supposedly booting them cause they don't have a chance at getting a fp, but because the other people have to be being selfish to upgrade one and not the other. You know, this is getting ridiculous. I have a tablecloth in my main city where I actually upgraded, but personally I do not want to "have" to put one on just so people will not judge me. I actually considered not putting it on. 1 person out of 100 getting a fp is simply not that many people to make it worth it to spend silver on when my table is not even full size yet in any of my cities and the upgrades help me to get there. Call it selfish if you want to, but if there was a way that I could simply pick 1 out of 100 people who visited my table randomly, I would be more than happy to go give them a fp out of my own stock until I got my table totally upgraded.

Simple solution: don't read chat. ;)

DeletedUser14197

Simple solution: don't read chat. ;)

Wow, don't read chat! I meet people on chat. Sometimes I go there and get advice for aspects of the game. Sometimes I am able to help other players with aspects of the game. That is where I got to recruit more friends. So you give the advice to not go to chat??????? Great advice! Why didn't I think of it before?

DeletedUser8152

I wasn't being totally serious. But my point is that (IMX) you can ALWAYS find someone saying something ridiculous on chat. If that is going to bother you, then yeah, the only solution I know is avoiding chat. But a better approach would probably be to ignore the ridiculous things and pay attention to the valuable things.

DeletedUser14197

I wasn't being totally serious. But my point is that (IMX) you can ALWAYS find someone saying something ridiculous on chat. If that is going to bother you, then yeah, the only solution I know is avoiding chat. But a better approach would probably be to ignore the ridiculous things and pay attention to the valuable things.

Oh, it is more than one person and not everyone thinks it is ridiculous.

DeletedUser8858

I have a request to consider:
Make the chair icon green/red to indicate wether or not the tavern is full or something to that effect. With there being no current way to check if there are any seats open other than to visit the tavern, there is a lot of wasted time and clicks when taverns are always full. Players can't always know when their taverns are full and get online to collect coins and empty out the tavern. Also, one may have old friends who have no intention of utilizing the tavern at all, which would be something that person would watch for and if the status never changes after a time, send the friend a message concerning and then skipping that tavern completely. This way players can save time by immediately knowing which taverns are available to visit and act accordingly, instead of visiting all 1-80 friends and only 10-15 of those clicks pay out.

Think of it as a "No Vacancy" sign.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20367

Oh, it is more than one person and not everyone thinks it is ridiculous.

I look at it as a carrot. Having a tablecloth makes it more likely that people will visit your tavern. Even players who aren't interested in the tavern bonuses might visit on the chance of getting a FP. Of course, you'd need to keep them as friends even though they still have a 3 chair table. :D

There will always be players who feel that they know 'the only proper playing style' and feel that others should be encouraged, if not forced, to adopt that style. I wouldn't worry about what people say in chat.

DeletedUser14197

I look at it as a carrot. Having a tablecloth makes it more likely that people will visit your tavern. Even players who aren't interested in the tavern bonuses might visit on the chance of getting a FP. Of course, you'd need to keep them as friends even though they still have a 3 chair table. :D

There will always be players who feel that they know 'the only proper playing style' and feel that others should be encouraged, if not forced, to adopt that style. I wouldn't worry about what people say in chat.

You look at it the way it is supposed to be looked at. It is sad there are people who turned it around.

DeletedUser3305

On Beta they now have an icon that shows that there is a chair opening at the table so you don't have to visit every table looking for an open chair. When does that come over to the live servers

DeletedUser3305

I have a request to consider:
Make the chair icon green/red to indicate wether or not the tavern is full or something to that effect. With there being no current way to check if there are any seats open other than to visit the tavern, there is a lot of wasted time and clicks when taverns are always full. Players can't always know when their taverns are full and get online to collect coins and empty out the tavern. Also, one may have old friends who have no intention of utilizing the tavern at all, which would be something that person would watch for and if the status never changes after a time, send the friend a message concerning and then skipping that tavern completely. This way players can save time by immediately knowing which taverns are available to visit and act accordingly, instead of visiting all 1-80 friends and only 10-15 of those clicks pay out.

Think of it as a "No Vacancy" sign.

It's on beta already, I'n waiting for it to come to live servers

DeletedUser11463

I think long-term that tablecloths should be on all tables. However, the tavern is still very new. Heck some people only have 4 or 6 chairs. Also, they popped this in on Thanksgiving week and I had a few "friends" who dropped me cause I didn't participate even though my city said away for Thanksgiving. I would give it to mid-January before thinking of dropping anyone because of the Tavern. I'm more concerned with friends who do or don't m/p fairly regularly. I get more from a motivation that I do from the Tavern.
Today was my best day so far for FP's. I ended up getting 4 of them from the Tavern on F world. Other than that they are few and far between. Generally 1 per day, but I imagine that will improve as more people get tableclothes. I do look forward to the indicator hitting the live worlds. I think that will increase participation also.

DeletedUser27920

I am enjoying the Tavern very much. I have slowly learned what items do what and upgrade accordingly. I keep my tablecloth up as far as I can, so my friends have the best chance of collecting an FP. The seating is important, but also need the extra silver you receive for visiting others Taverns( that is upgrading the flooring) and/or Tray upgrade(extra % of your collected silver). Use you own discretion and most important, enjoy the game. The happier your friends are, everybody wins :)
All of the upgrades are on the right side of your Tavern area. After you get so many seats, you will activate tabs in your Tavern shop. These boosts will really help your town to grow.:D
Happy Holidays to all !!:)

DeletedUser26916

I have received fp from sitting, but noted it happens more times with blue or burgundy tablecloth, tho amazingly i got it few times from bare table and red checkered table.
HOWEVER, i have also noted the problem with the floor bonus NOT happening. I recently let myself save up 12 ready seats at 12 different tables (and with highest floor-- which should be 20% to get 30 coins-- something i used to get regularly, but now NEVER), and clicked each one, and got ZERO extra coin.
When i did what Andarl suggested, and switched floors, then back to highest floor (throne room), then my next seating gave me the 30 coins. But then reverted back the next 5 times to zero coins, even tho still on throne room.
I've now taken to switching floors before sitting EVERY SINGLE TIME.
This is most annoying and time consuming. How did this bug make it out of BETA? And not immediately, but with the latest update to tavern, probably.
This is seriously discouraging me from tavern hopping now, with all the hoopla i need to go thru to ensure i get at least some coins from floor instead of none.

DeletedUser8152

I have received fp from sitting, but noted it happens more times with blue or burgundy tablecloth, tho amazingly i got it few times from bare table and red checkered table.
HOWEVER, i have also noted the problem with the floor bonus NOT happening. I recently let myself save up 12 ready seats at 12 different tables (and with highest floor-- which should be 20% to get 30 coins-- something i used to get regularly, but now NEVER), and clicked each one, and got ZERO extra coin.
When i did what Andarl suggested, and switched floors, then back to highest floor (throne room), then my next seating gave me the 30 coins. But then reverted back the next 5 times to zero coins, even tho still on throne room.
I've now taken to switching floors before sitting EVERY SINGLE TIME.
This is most annoying and time consuming. How did this bug make it out of BETA? And not immediately, but with the latest update to tavern, probably.
This is seriously discouraging me from tavern hopping now, with all the hoopla i need to go thru to ensure i get at least some coins from floor instead of none.
I've never switched floors around, and I seem to get the bonus silver about as often as I'd expect.

The chance of going 12 tables with no bonus is about 7%, not that unlikely. I really doubt that switching floors makes any difference. Why would anyone take the time and trouble to code that in? And only for some people?