• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Friends Tavern Upgrade

Would you like to see a guild specific Tavern room?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

Dan-El Krypt

So this might have already been a topic for discussion and I missed it, but I think it would be cool if there was one more Friend's Tavern upgrade to include guild mates. Maybe make it a hidden basement for only guild members like it were a secret society trying to take down a sinister foe! Maybe it's a dumb idea and maybe it needs some more thought, but it could be an expensive tavern silver upgrade and I think it could be a cool feature. Thoughts? For? Against?

Would this be for Guild members who are also friends, or also those who are not friends? What would the advantage be? Would the owner have to collect the tavern twice - once for the basement and once for the rest? Would this increase the total tavern silver available?

Graviton

Would this be for Guild members who are also friends, or also those who are not friends?

Standard practice is not to allow guildies on your Friends list because you're cutting into the maximum amount of polishing/motivating your city gets.

As far as the OP goes, I'm not sure what affect this would have apart from having to empty your Tavern more often. That would marginally benefit those who check their city multiple times a day, but it might frustrate the friends of those who don't, as their Taverns will fill up more quickly and then go un-emptied for longer periods of time.

Johnny B. Goode

Standard practice is not to allow guildies on your Friends list because you're cutting into the maximum amount of polishing/motivating your city gets.
This should not be standard practice anymore. The game has moved on from the need for this. With the vastly superior production from event/special buildings over standard build menu buildings, the issue of getting everything important motivated isn't (or shouldn't be) an issue in a well managed city. I manage to do it in a fully developed FE city with a friends list well under 100, in a solo guild, without aiding neighbors. As well as in my lower era cities as well. None of them have as much as 100 in the friends list, and only one of them is in a guild with other players...who are apparently not that active. Event/special buildings are higher on the aid priority list than build menu buildings and so get the necessary motivating close to, if not at, 100% of the time. Build menu buildings that are used, are usually just production buildings there for fulfilling production quests in events or the DC, which doesn't require them to be motivated. So the fact that someone may be in your guild and also on your friends list is really just a matter of player preference, and not really a game consideration anymore.

I do remember when it was a consideration. When players had fields of SoKs and the priority list for aiding was not what it is now. But that day is long gone.

Dan-El Krypt

Would this be for Guild members who are also friends, or also those who are not friends? What would the advantage be? Would the owner have to collect the tavern twice - once for the basement and once for the rest? Would this increase the total tavern silver available?
I'm thinking whether they are on your friend list or not. As for the advantages, yes it could increase the amount of tavern silver that could be collected. Maybe even add some guild specific bonuses or perks for purchase in the Tavern shop? That way it could benefit the guild in some way by visiting your guildies tavern. Or maybe, once the "basement" upgrade is purchased what is collected isn't "tavern silver" at all. Maybe a different type of currency that could be used to aid the guild? And yes, I think it should be two different collections that way it wouldn't interfere with the frequency in which you would have to collect your tavern. A collection for each group.

Dan-El Krypt

One thing that will have to be addressed is someone else spending to benefit others. This is a potential spot for abuse with shill accounts.
You're not wrong, but isn't that always a possibility? The guilds that are more noncommittal with lax requirements will have that problem more than those whose guild leaders monitor activity. Just like in a guild that will kick players for not aiding a certain number of times per week they could be kicked for the same reasons on the guild tavern level.

Mor-Rioghain

I'm not sure that distinguishing between friends and guildies is the real crux of any perceived problem here but more to answer players' needs for more silver or even number of tavern visits they themselves might be able to make in a given 24-hour period. To discount the need for tavern silver from one player's perspective is a bit short-sighted, imho (as some responders here have brought up). There are still plenty of uses for the silver such as attack boosts or even extra time for negotiating in the expedition. I personally think any tavern upgrades should just be general such as increased seating overall. Like many things in the game, things have changed and it's gotten 'bigger.' Are 16 chairs enough anymore? That's a personal player's choice and I think any proposal addressing those needs should take into account that basic issue: the changes of the needs of the players, not the the lesser aspects of it/them.

So, based on those points, I would have to say "no" as the idea is currently presented although I do have to admit to the asthetic appeal of the proposal.

(Corrected version: yes, I changed "14" to "16" as it was very rightfully - and funnily, I might add -- pointed out that I messed that one up! Sheesh, you'd think I'd know with 4 fully realized taverns - wish I could've blamed that one on a typo! haha)

Last edited:

Dan-El Krypt

I'm not sure that distinguishing between friends and guildies is the real crux of any perceived problem here but more to answer players' needs for more silver or even number of tavern visits they themselves might be able to make in a given 24-hour period. To discount the need for tavern silver from one player's perspective is a bit short-sighted, imho (as some responders here have brought up). There are still plenty of uses for the silver such as attack boosts or even extra time for negotiating in the expedition. I personally think any tavern upgrades should just be general such as increased seating overall. Like many things in the game, things have changed and it's gotten 'bigger.' Are 16 chairs enough anymore? That's a personal player's choice and I think any proposal addressing those needs should take into account that basic issue: the changes of the needs of the players, not the the lesser aspects of it/them.

So, based on those points, I would have to say "no" as the idea is currently presented although I do have to admit to the asthetic appeal of the proposal.

(Corrected version: yes, I changed "14" to "16" as it was very rightfully - and funnily, I might add -- pointed out that I messed that one up! Sheesh, you'd think I'd know with 4 fully realized taverns - wish I could've blamed that one on a typo! haha)
This idea was never meant to be a solution to any perceived problem, just a fun idea to discuss. And I certainly agree that tavern silver is extremely valuable and should definitely not be discounted. I use the heck out of my tavern silver on a very regular basis and would love to see some more upgrades to the regular tavern especially in the seating department. I just think it might be cool to add a new component to the game, one that could further benefit our guilds.