• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

From a stupid joke to what could be not a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser38090

More meaningless anecdotes.

How long does it take to do that and get results? Contact 200 people? Wait for them to respnd? How many FPs do you spend to get a complete set of BPs?

Numbers. you got 'em or you don't.

It takes roughly an hour to send 200 messages to people, which is why I recommend doing it when you're babysitting your huts in BA. You can expect responses by the day after, although I've gotten response times within 15 minutes. On those three worlds, I've gotten ~10 offering their 5th spot for easy BPs. This strategy is still being fleshed out as we speak, but I'm estimating approximately 40-80 FPs a set, assuming that the expected value for getting a full set of BPs is receiving 18 BPs. I could make a guide and include actual numbers if you so desire.

DeletedUser38090

If you didn't, how funny is adopting the name?

If you do not get the joke, why adopt the joke?

You can still find something funny and not laugh. Alabaster does make me smirk whenever it's mentioned because I understand the context behind the joke.

Algona

It takes roughly an hour to send 200 messages to people, which is why I recommend doing it when you're babysitting your huts in BA. You can expect responses by the day after, although I've gotten response times within 15 minutes. On those three worlds, I've gotten ~10 offering their 5th spot for easy BPs. This strategy is still being fleshed out as we speak, but I'm estimating approximately 40-80 FPs a set, assuming that the expected value for getting a full set of BPs is receiving 18 BPs. I could make a guide and include actual numbers if you so desire.

Do i want a Guide? No, thanks. Should you write one? Yes.

Using that process would cost you how much time and FPs to get 50 BPs?

DeletedUser33179

@MandyTheAlabastard - Why are you trying to take credit for a "joke strategy" you/your friend supposedly came up with on your own.

So my friend and I were coming with silly joke strategies in Forge of Empires, and he came up with the idea of turning a BA city into a slinger and spearmen factory to farm the 4 spearmen, 4 slinger RQ. After doing the math, the town pictured below:

If I do 14 hourly collections a day, I will get an average of 58.54 stored FPs a day, and my supplies will still have a net gain. This sounds like a really good strategy once somebody has reached the end of Bronze Age, and needs a couple of stored FP before going into Iron, when GB sniping can become unlocked. What do you guys think? Is this a stupid idea, or a good one?

EDIT: Also, with 14 hourly collections a day, this reaps 58.54 medals, 292.9 goods, and 11.7 blueprints daily.

Here's what you said about the research you did prior to starting your 1st city ~15 days ago:

Friend told me about this game and when I said I was interested in picking it up, he told me about heavy questing right after I said I might pick up the game (he has Asperger's, so I would cut him some slack). It was overwhelming at first to have him talk about the strategy, since I have no idea where the pieces fit, but after reading the Condensed CR version, and Dulahan's arc rush, I kinda understand the basic mechanics behind it.

I decided to spend 2-3 hours a day for about a week reading the forums before starting my town, since he said y'all in the forums were very skilled at the game. Since FoE isn't heavily reliant on reflexes compared to say, a first-person shooter, I felt like it was a good idea to spend some time on research before diving into the game, since I don't have to practice my reflexes, and understanding the game would be feasible.

And in this thread you started 8 days after claiming to have just started playing FoE, you state your ambition to make an improved Glarg's Guide.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...arks-basilica-worth-building-in-bronze.25204/

With all that detailed, far-reaching knowledge/studying, you knew the Bronze Age slinger/spearfighter RQ existed. Discussion in Glarg's thread mentions it outright. And it's been mentioned in several other threads over the last year. You acknowledge in your 1st thread that you've read that guide (you found it "excellent").

Publicly taking credit for "discovering" a concept you actually already knew about is not cool in my opinion.

DeletedUser38090

With all that detailed, far-reaching knowledge/studying, you knew the Bronze Age slinger/spearfighter RQ existed. Discussion in Glarg's thread mentions it outright. And it's been mentioned in several other threads over the last year. You acknowledge in your 1st thread that you've read that guide (you found it "excellent").

Publicly taking credit for "discovering" a concept you actually already knew about is not cool in my opinion.

You mean this one? https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...o-great-buildings-in-less-than-a-month.13426/

I've checked back on it a second time, and there is no mentioning of a slinger/spearmen RQ in his picture guide/post, and there is no discussion of the spear/sling recurring quest UNTIL page 9. I didn't read that far into the feedback for Glarg's guide since everything seemed straightforward and everybody was praising it for the first few pages of feedback, instead of critiquing some points as seen in Dulahan's guide. I would read feedback very thoroughly if there is significant disagreement. Otherwise, I just use the guide for the value that it is, and maybe the first and second page of feedback.

Now, if he made a guide without pictures, then I've never read it or heard of it, but I assumed everybody was talking about the picture guide since that's the main result that shows up on search.

BTW, thanks for letting me know about some of the things I missed from the guides. I'm nowhere even close to perfect when it comes to researching.

Status
Not open for further replies.