• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Future events

Just An Observer

With... hopes .... maybe a few historical questlines in between, like they used too?
World War Ii with avatars from each of the major Axis and Allied powers, where the avatars carry a bonus when used, would be a new twist. Germany: Rommel...adds to heavy units. USSR...Zhukov adds to artillery. USA: Marshall...adds to production. Japan...Yamamoto: Gives units first strike initiative. UK...Montgomery...some attrition nullification. Italy...Badoglio...adds some to the Defense number for both attacking and defending units.

Sharmon the Impaler

World War Ii with avatars from each of the major Axis and Allied powers, where the avatars carry a bonus when used, would be a new twist. Germany: Rommel...adds to heavy units. USSR...Zhukov adds to artillery. USA: Marshall...adds to production. Japan...Yamamoto: Gives units first strike initiative. UK...Montgomery...some attrition nullification. Italy...Badoglio...adds some to the Defense number for both attacking and defending units.
Dayum , what a stellar idea !!

UBERhelp1

I think the main problem is that the events are bringing buildings that are rather similar: usually attack boost, heavy FP and goods and pop, or a set, or one that gives a random production that's still FP heavy and attack boost. Each event building is basically created as if it has to be the new best building, or close to it. Additionally, many daily specials are shared across events, making each event feel too similar with less exclusivity of rewards.

I'd like to see the same number of events, but with more specific rewards, less overpowered buildings, and bringing in those historical questlines, with the HQ buildings building a full set that's strong together.

I don't think less events would change much except making players want something extra to do. However, exclusive event buildings (think Insect Hotel for Wildlife event), unique buildings (some coming on Beta....) and more would make events more appealing than just another way to get nice daily specials. But that's just my thoughts, and this isn't a feedback thread. So... yeah.

Johnny B. Goode

I love this, with two changes. Italy's bonus should only count against Ethiopia (am I right?), and France (Charles de Gaulle?) should be included with the ability to Infiltrate like on the C-Map (because of the French Resistance.)

DreadfulCadillac

I think the main problem is that the events are bringing buildings that are rather similar: usually attack boost, heavy FP and goods and pop, or a set, or one that gives a random production that's still FP heavy and attack boost. Each event building is basically created as if it has to be the new best building, or close to it. Additionally, many daily specials are shared across events, making each event feel too similar with less exclusivity of rewards.

I'd like to see the same number of events, but with more specific rewards, less overpowered buildings, and bringing in those historical questlines, with the HQ buildings building a full set that's strong together.

I don't think less events would change much except making players want something extra to do. However, exclusive event buildings (think Insect Hotel for Wildlife event), unique buildings (some coming on Beta....) and more would make events more appealing than just another way to get nice daily specials. But that's just my thoughts, and this isn't a feedback thread. So... yeah.
I think event buildings should take or give population depending on the event building. Some should give, some should take. Mountain reserve for example? People aren't living there, but it would require workers to maintain, and since it gives attack, some military training probably occurs there. and yet, it gives me 5,000 people. Really? Really? It should be more like -5K. Most players have more population then they know what to do with thanks to event buildings. I myself (with no Pop gbs) have over 90K+ unemployed. Population is a mechanic most of us no longer have to think about unfortunately, thanks to event buildings.

DreadfulCadillac

I think event buildings should take or give population depending on the event building. Some should give, some should take. Mountain reserve for example? People aren't living there, but it would require workers to maintain, and since it gives attack, some military training probably occurs there. and yet, it gives me 5,000 people. Really? Really? It should be more like -5K. Most players have more population then they know what to do with thanks to event buildings. I myself (with no Pop gbs) have over 90K+ unemployed. Population is a mechanic most of us no longer have to think about unfortunately, thanks to event buildings.
You would think that the royal marble gateway takes maintenance workers to keep nice and fresh as a gateway, and so it would detract from the population, right? Nope. 600+ Unemployed deadbeats are sleeping under that dang gateway. The checkmate square is a work of art clearly constructed by the Chess Overlords that run my city, right? Especially considered that I have 4 of them... Something like that would need workers to polish the chess pieces and such, right? Keep the area free of weeds? Apparently not, all it provides is 1K unemployed deadbeats EACH.... Guys I think my city might have a homelessness problem. I have a tremendous colossus, to commererate the warriors that brought my city out of the dark ages. As i'm taking a stroll through my city to asses and survey the homelessness problem, what do I find? an additional 1500 people sleeping on a statute? nearly 800 people each sleeping on 3 altars of artemis? 500 hundred people each x4 dark doorways into a spooky realm? 5300 people sleeping on a mikawa bridge? At this rate, my city might as well be Located in southern California instead of a virtual peninsula!!!!

Point being, bring back the dark doorway method: Buildings, based on their theme, should either add or subtract from the population & happiness. Bring back the relevancy of population in mid-to-late game, and make buildings like the INNO tower and Habitat worthwhile again to people who aren't absolutely obsessed with GvG barracks.

Ebeondi Asi

It is no problem to basically sit out an event.Why does anyone feel they have to do every event. just ignore it. Or do a few bits that seem interesting and don't bother finishing the quests. I do that. I skipped the last few ones to save up for this one. I worked hard on the Mountain reserve days. Ok by me (now) I tried to do the Sentinel and realized just not worth the bother (cost to high per item gained) so i gave up on that part.
For player who like the events, saying stop making so many Events??? why?? you're not require to play any of them LOL

Emberguard

Personally I would be fine with that, but every time Inno tries to do anything different of course the feedback Inno gets is that it's "junk". Even when it's a good building the feedback is always "make it better or I'm not building it". The current state of Event prizes is a reflection of what players have repeatedly asked for every time a Event is released