• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Game etiquette re: GBs/FPs

Karen Isaacsdottir

I get about 100 FPs/day. This is not a problem, obviously, if I have a GB to put them on. If I don't because I need blueprints, am I supposed to ask before I put FPs on someone else's GBs? I did and someone unfriended me (which isn't a big deal - don't even know this person, they asked to be a friend) and I don't know what I did to offend.

Ebeondi Asi

There is no game rule, but a lot of players, myself includes will unfriend someone placing random FPs on my GBs. Why? Because I and many others take part in 1.9 Great Building threads. The random FPs placed mess up the 1.9 work.
Plus a few players who snipe may also do the random FPs hoping to catch a snipe when the owner fails to count those random FPs in the 'Lock" to protect teh other players donating. So all in all random Fps are a curse to a 1.9 participant.
And that is why your generous donation is scorned.(by some)
If a player like yourself needs FPs? Ask. It is always a good idea to ask. then you can get some great deals! Particularly on very high level GBs. 5th can have 7 pr more blueprints! for a very low price. and I and many others would be Ok with a particular exact FP amount placed. but you have to ask in advance.
Not asking? you will usually get booted out of the payback positions.
For players who do not use a 1.9. but instead use swaps, they generally do not care.

scmbchatter

Obtaining FPs on GBs from friends is a great help; However, some players time their GBs to City Hall, gathering them all together for collection at one time. This helps to prevent plundering. Friends do not interrupt this strategy by allowing the owner to place the last FPs for moving the GB to the next level (Leveling Up) at the set time for harvesting all of these GBs. Trying to get one GB back into rotation is tiresome work. Complaints noted in forums regarding Leveling UP read: "All set up to gather GBs at one time and somebody trying to give a few FP as a favor, levels up the GB at the wrong time!" Friends do not Level Up a friend's GBs.

LaGoulue

I'm on a great 1.9 thread and enjoy the collegiality and fairness. When I have excess FP and there are no current opportunities on thread, I'll look at my "friends" and the 'hood. If I see a pattern of donation that looks like a swap, I'll IM the owner to see if I can donate. On the other hand, if it looks like the owner isn't following 1.9 and the donations likewise, I'll donate per 1.9 rules if there's a slot open. I've only once received a negative reply because the owner had friends who wanted to donate.