• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

game lags on new laptop

• Thread starter DeletedUser14197
  • Start date

DeletedUser14197

Oh boy, well, k try to remember it's also a good way to express such info as I have above, I'll leave it blank so you can fill out the entries and keep it on a notepad for future use. And your RAM is 8 what? GB hopefully?

CPU:
GPU:
RAM:
Antivirus:
Storage:
System Type:
Browser:
Internet speed:

CPU is Central Processing Unit, or processor for short
GPU is Graphics Processing Unit, this is the graphics card
RAM is Random-access memory, or just memory
OS is Operating System

You can find this info in a few places. Try Settings then System then scroll down to "About" which should tell you some information we're seeking here, then scroll down to "Device Manager", there you'll find more info like under "Display adapters" will tell you what your GPU is.

Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ for your internet speed, remembering to write down the download and upload speeds with the "Mbps" if that's what it hopefully has. (Keep in mind that at any time it may be higher or lower. A good thing to do would be when you're having problems running the game is to shut down the game then go do a speed test to see if it's really low.)

I'm not sure what the system requirements are for this game, I'm sure it's not much of anything and any new pc/laptop should be able to run it fine. Probably the most important is internet speed which spikes pretty high when loading up the Event History and such, so still check. Again make sure yours is updated even if new still check because new does not mean it has the latest updates.

There are of course many other things that can cause problems. I once had a set of wireless headphones that interfered with my wifi signal to the point where I barely had any internet connection, drove me nuts hunting that down because I had just changed modems and the headphones didn't interfere with the older modem so I thought it was anything but the headphones, what a nightmare that was.:mad: Oh and even though it's new check how much storage space you have available.

Good luck now.;)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) M-5Y71 CPU @ 1.20GHz 1.40 GHz
GPU: Under display adapters it says: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5300
RAM: 8GB
OS build: 14393.576
Antivirus: Windows defender
Storage:
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Browser: Chrome
Internet speed: download: 26.74Mbps
upload 5.66 Mbps
Ping 14ms
storage space available:
C: 48.5 GB used out of 213 GB
D: 62 MB used out of 25 GB

DeletedUser26965

There ya go, now ya got the basics down for any future inquires into computer related issues you may have in the future. How is your new CPU compared to your last one? That seems to be the weakest point on the list. Open Task Manager and watch your performance while playing the game.

DeletedUser14197

my old processor is intel(R) core (TM) i5 4210U CPU @ 1.70 ghz 2.40 ghz

Today Edge isn't working as well as it did yesterday. It actually wouldn't load one time and another time, froze while I was trying to add fps to a gb, so I went back to Chrome. Chrome worked better today as I was able to fight a few battles in my future age city even. But, here I am using my old laptop again. I guess I am used to it. For some reason the cord has never disconnected today, so I haven't had a problem with that.

DeletedUser14197

My game just crashed on my old laptop. It had a note about allowing plug ins. I read online about plugins, but am a bit confused on them. I take it flash is a plug in, so we want it.