• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GB Contributions

Festilbav

I understand the to fight cheating, but the policy re Contributions to GBs is unfair! I have roommates, and we share an internet connection because we live in the same house! But the policy means we cannot contribute to each other’s GBs! There must be a better way to stop cheating than limiting our use of the game for no better reason than we share an IP address!

I think it's really unfair that just because a few dishonest players set up bogus accounts just so they can get a few more FPs, that EVERYBODY is denied the ability to contribute to the GBs of anybody living in their same household! That makes sense? You think that's fair?

I don't have the solution to the cheating problem, but it is very unfair to deny people like me the opportunity to make and receive GB contributions from people sharing my IP. Not all of us are rich enough to afford our own personal internet provider, after all!

Super Catanian

I believe that if you contact Support about your situation, they will make an exception for you and your roommates. As such, a proposal is not necessary.

Super Catanian

Catanian: I actually DID contact Support re this issue, and they sent me a form letter response telling me that I should post it on the Forums. Which is why Id did so.
Hmm, odd indeed. I will wait here, and hopefully a moderator will provide a better response than mine. Anyways, welcome to the Forums!

Kranyar the Mysterious

Catanian: I actually DID contact Support re this issue, and they sent me a form letter response telling me that I should post it on the Forums. Which is why Id did so.
That form letter is the way they tell you that they aren't going to do anything about your problem without actually saying so, since proposals have to follow rules, and if enough players like it then it goes to a vote weeks later, then if the vote is positive enough it gets forwarded to the devs at some point after getting collated or something, but rarely do we ever see a proposal implemented. And I'm pretty sure that this wouldn't pass the rules stage, since there is probably a rule against a proposal like this.

DeletedUser36572

I understand the to fight cheating, but the policy re Contributions to GBs is unfair! I have roommates, and we share an internet connection because we live in the same house! But the policy means we cannot contribute to each other’s GBs! There must be a better way to stop cheating than limiting our use of the game for no better reason than we share an IP address!

I think it's really unfair that just because a few dishonest players set up bogus accounts just so they can get a few more FPs, that EVERYBODY is denied the ability to contribute to the GBs of anybody living in their same household! That makes sense? You think that's fair?

I don't have the solution to the cheating problem, but it is very unfair to deny people like me the opportunity to make and receive GB contributions from people sharing my IP. Not all of us are rich enough to afford our own personal internet provider, after all!

“It is allowed for two or more players to use the same computer and/or internet connection, provided each player only controls the actions of his/her assigned account (please contact support to make them aware)”

This is copy/pasted directly from the Game Rules and is the first ‘Example’ provided directly under the multiple accounts policy.

It Is Written

Festilbav

“It is allowed for two or more players to use the same computer and/or internet connection, provided each player only controls the actions of his/her assigned account (please contact support to make them aware)”

This is copy/pasted directly from the Game Rules and is the first ‘Example’ provided directly under the multiple accounts policy.

Thanks for this! Now, all I need to do is reach a live person at Inno Customer Support who will actually read my comment and choose to pay attention to what I am saying rather than merely sending me a form letter. I'm not confident as to my chances for success.

DeletedUser36572

My advice would be to save the form letter and corresponding email ... As far as the rules are concerned, you have done what is necessary ... Good Luck In Your Endeavors

Edit:
If you intend to contact Support again, it would be beneficial to eliminate any ambiguous language describing your desired condition and claims of fairness (or whatever).

Plainly state your desired intent for contacting them, and include all the appropriate Account names and Worlds that apply to your specific request.

Document When Necessary

Last edited by a moderator:

Kranyar the Mysterious

Thanks for this! Now, all I need to do is reach a live person at Inno Customer Support who will actually read my comment and choose to pay attention to what I am saying rather than merely sending me a form letter. I'm not confident as to my chances for success.
Have they actually blocked your ability to donate to each other?

Algona

I vote no.

Best of luck with Customer Support.

----------

Fixed it for ya.

Don't say never. I'm pretty certain that there was that one a few years ago.

Kranyar is right. jaelis Proposed changing the FP Bar to not reset to 60 minutes when the Bar went over 10. Proposed, voted, submitted, and changed in game! A Proposal Grand Slam!

Are there more? I dunno, I keep that one in oind to refute whenever someone says the Proposal process never works. :D

Agent327

So what do you want? They visit your home situation to see if you actualy have roommates? Who says you do not claim you have roommates. If so, can not just any player do that to cheat..

Even if your story is true, it would be an unfair advantage. Players have to work to get these kind of deals.

Have they actually blocked your ability to donate to each other?

On the same connection they do.

DeletedUser

Since this isn't an actual proposal, but merely a complaint about alleged unfairness, I'll move this thread to Forge Hall. And this matter would not be a proper subject for a proposal anyway, as it is not about the actual game itself and is a matter to be taken up with support.