• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG as a whole

Should GBG be more aligned with guild size rather than points or ranking alone ?

• yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • no

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Centaur1956

I think that a little more time should have went into the programing of this to get it at least an even start, Your random choice has single player guilds going against the #1 guild? I have no idea how you guys can even begin to think that's a fir situation ? IMO your random choices should be more in line with numbers of players in a guild rather than points or what ever your using now ? GBG in my opinion has always catered to the large guilds and left the smaller ones hung out to dry. Please make GBG more fair and equitable for every one.You guys must all be in larger guilds or use bots or maco's to fight . I don't don't know how you can size doesn't matter common sense says the more players you have the more are likely to do GBG .I saw a single player guild just last season in the diamond league sorry can't remember the name right now but I still think you are the guys that are laughing ip blocking other guilds from getting out of home . I don't need to hear from you of course you think its fair you get all the goodies all the time. The guild name is + Bummer " the sole player is AtomMaster

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

The idiosyncrasies of GBG have been debated to the point of exhaustion. There are countless threads regarding this topic on every Forum in the FOE universe. Despite this fact, the Devs have yet to act on any suggestions that players have made in the past 3.5 years.

Btw, I voted "no" to your suggestion. While I have never seen a 1-player guild matched up with the #1 guild I have seen 15-player guilds kick butt when matched up against much larger opponents. "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog"

Last edited:

Darkest.Knight

Having myself and 2 other half-hearted participants hasn't been all that difficult to stay in diamond league, when I'm not in the mood to do a lot of fights I drop back platinum. Can't really complain except to say it takes quite a while to get your attack/def stats high enough to do over 100 fights w/o difficulty.

They do segregate guilds by relative standing in the league, sometimes I move up a bit too much and it becomes a lot more difficult.

Even if ur a cash spender the game requires patience to do well.

Darkest.Knight

Sry, number of members doesn't affect who I'm paired with, it appears to be dependent on my league score. As I continue to improve I move progressively higher into the diamond league and no question I'm paired with tougher opponents. It's performance based not based on number guild members that determine your grouping. Just my experience talking, no reason to BS.

Darkest.Knight

Difference of opinion, since I'v never been attracted to a large guild I've always viewed performance as the key. I have to admit though that I have more difficulty when I'm stuck w/a bum map, since I collect a lotto goods I always buy towers, w/o them it is tough.

Orius Maximus

Guild size really doesn't matter that much, it depends on how much the members are willing to fight through GbG. A few months ago, my guild was doing pretty well, we had a little more than half the map locked down and were dominating things. Then with 2 days left to go, some 1 man guild grabbed most of the map overnight. This guy started at midnight and went until about 6 or 7 in the morning ending up with something like 23 provinces. He seemed to have a grudge against us too, maybe it because we were on top, or maybe he was pissed I put traps on one of the provinces where I wasn't planning to expand.

Centaur1956

You guys must all be in larger guilds or use bots or maco's to fight . I don't don't know how you can size doesn't matter common sense says the more players you have the more are likely to do GBG .I saw a single player guild just last season in the diamond league sorry can't remember the name right now but I still think you are the guys that are laughing ip blocking other guilds from getting out of home . I don't need to hear from you of course you think its fair you get all the goodies all the time.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

You guys must all be in larger guilds or use bots or maco's to fight . I don't don't know how you can size doesn't matter common sense says the more players you have the more are likely to do GBG .I saw a single player guild just last season in the diamond league sorry can't remeber the name right now but I still think you are the guys that are laughing ip blocking other guilds from getting out of home . I don't need to hear from you of course you think its fair you get all the goodies all the time.
I think that a nice age brie is the perfect pairing. :cool: