• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG Focused Guild

Taixun

Just looking for other thoughts about this.

I’ve been thinking of how an “ideal” GBG focused guild would work...

Having a large, active, 80 person guild, with everyone having a high level Arc, sounds nice, but it seems to me you’d then have 80 people competing to use their attrition for personal rewards... even in diamond, especially with Siege Towers, I don’t think there a way to have all 80 members be satisfied.

You could possibly find some less active folks with high level Arcs who are less interested in GBG, which the active GBG folks could take advantage of (less inter-guild competition), but that sounds quite difficult to find folks like that, and even if you do, over time, those less active might want a share of the personal rewards (too enticing to ignore).

So along that line of thinking, having a smaller guild, where you don’t have nearly as much inter-guild competition to use attrition, sounds good... but then you run into the problem of limited guild goods. I’m thinking this can be balanced by requiring all to level their Arc/Observatory/Atomium to level 80 or higher. This would give 467 of each good from your era a day. With some SoHs, if you round up to 500 a day, that’s approaching 1 Siege Tower a day (3000 guild goods) per person... which seems like a good benchmark. Still a hard sell to guild members (Atomium at least is fairly large and useless otherwise), but still may be worth considering.

The part I’m having a hard time thinking through is what the “optimal” number of guild members would be, one that assumes everyone is active, and everyone is willing to level all relevant 3 GBs to reduce the guild good issues (ignoring that may be a difficult sell for most). I’m thinking in the 10-15 range might work - that should be enough folks to build sufficient Siege Towers constantly, and not too many people trying to compete with each other, but that number is more of a gut feeling than anything... based on facts/math.

Has anyone else put any similar thoughts into this?

RazorbackPirate

I think no matter what you do, you'll have the most active members with the highest Attack boosts and highest Trazes racing each other to get the most rewards. You are correct, there are not enough turnovers to keep everyone satisfied so your GBG leaders who run and know the dance will grab all they can as fast as they can. But they'll only do that on the provinces with 4 or more siege Camps touching, leaving the crap provinces with 3 or less for the rest.

Your guild members who can't be online all day will often times have nothing to hit in GBG, every time they try to play, your flags will be holding until the next step on the dance. When they do find something, again, it's the provinces the others won't touch that guarantee high attrition and lower rewards due to attrition accumulation.

There's no way around this is a GBG focused guild, it's just the way it is. Junior members will struggle to accomplish much, senior members will suck all the oxygen out of the room. Your best hope is to have 10-12 pigs, using the goods from everyone's high level Arcs, with the rest content to do little or nothing.

The big dogs will be fat and happy, the small dogs will be left with the scraps.

The optimal number of guild members is as many as you can get to stay under the conditions of the 80/20 rule. 20% of the members getting 80% of the rewards, 80% of the members getting 20% of the rewards. 30% of the 80% doing nothing in GBG at all.

Taixun

I think no matter what you do, you'll have the most active members with the highest Attack boosts and highest Trazes racing each other to get the most rewards. You are correct, there are not enough turnovers to keep everyone satisfied so your GBG leaders who run and know the dance will grab all they can as fast as they can. But they'll only do that on the provinces with 4 or more siege Camps touching, leaving the crap provinces with 3 or less for the rest.

Your guild members who can't be online all day will often times have nothing to hit in GBG, every time they try to play, your flags will be holding until the next step on the dance. When they do find something, again, it's the provinces the others won't touch that guarantee high attrition and lower rewards due to attrition accumulation.

There's no way around this is a GBG focused guild, it's just the way it is. Junior members will struggle to accomplish much, senior members will suck all the oxygen out of the room. Your best hope is to have 10-12 pigs, using the goods from everyone's high level Arcs, with the rest content to do little or nothing.

The big dogs will be fat and happy, the small dogs will be left with the scraps.

The optimal number of guild members is as many as you can get to stay under the conditions of the 80/20 rule. 20% of the members getting 80% of the rewards, 80% of the members getting 20% of the rewards. 30% of the 80% doing nothing in GBG at all.
You seem to have a negative view of GBG lol

Since you said "10-12 pigs", I guess I'll take that to mean a 10-12 member guild should be large enough, assuming those 10-12 can produce enough goods.

I've been considering working on the math - 160 points to capture each sector, ~52 sectors, 4 hours locking, etc.... but really need to know what an average person would be content with - for example, are 200 battles a day "enough"?... 400? 500? I know the more the better, but surely there is a point where one would be fine with and not compete with fellow guild members for more... treating this whole thing as a math problem has been annoying lol :)

I guess I'll stick with my 10-15 "optimal size" initial gut feeling. It would be nice to find folks that have no interest in GBG, but... not expecting to be able to do that.

RazorbackPirate

You seem to have a negative view of GBG lol
No, I have a realistic view.
Since you said "10-12 pigs", I guess I'll take that to mean a 10-12 member guild should be large enough, assuming those 10-12 can produce enough goods.
No. 10 - 12 will not be enough since those 10 - 12 heavy hitters won't touch any provinces with less than 4 Siege Camps. In order to cover those provinces with 3 or less Camps, you'll need another 15 - 20 players to take those provinces the others won't touch. You'll likely also need another 10 - 15 players with mid - high level Arcs who don't do much GBG but can supply goods to build all the Camps you'll need to build each round.
I've been considering working on the math - 160 points to capture each sector, ~52 sectors, 4 hours locking, etc.... but really need to know what an average person would be content with - for example, are 200 battles a day "enough"?... 400? 500? I know the more the better, but surely there is a point where one would be fine with and not compete with fellow guild members for more... treating this whole thing as a math problem has been annoying lol :)
For the pigs, there's never enough. If there's rewards to be had on an attrition free province, they'll race each other to get the most. Hence the term pigs. Then they'll disappear and won't touch anything until the next attrition free province opens up.

There is no point at which the pigs are fine with enough and won't compete with their fellow guild mates for more. Their only limitations are lack of time, lack of resources, or provinces that have attrition. Provinces with 3 or less Camps will sit for hours for the junior members to fill, the heavy hitters no where to be found. Provinces with 4 or more Siege Camps will have the flags filled in minutes by the heavy hitters, leaving little to nothing for the junior members.
I guess I'll stick with my 10-15 "optimal size" initial gut feeling. It would be nice to find folks that have no interest in GBG, but... not expecting to be able to do that.
I doubt it will be enough. My experience is 40 - 45 members minimum to make the Diamond league reward farming dance work. 10 - 12 big dogs to race for the provinces with no attrition, another 20 - 30 to pick up the rest.

There's plenty of players who've no interest in GBG, the problem is that most of them also have under powered cities that will require goods for GBG buildings they won't be able to provide.

Let us know how it goes.

Nicholas002

Ideal GBG guild?
Me, with unlimited units, A/D, goods, and time, + 79 players who aren’t interested in gbg, and all have high level guild goods buildings.:p