• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GbG Idea.

Falconwing

I loved GbG when it first came out, it was an everyone vs everyone fight. Pure chaos and awesome. Since then, the Age of Alliances has began and it's sucking the fun out and starting to feel like a 24hr GvG. I hate alliances, both sides. I hate being in one, I hate being against them. Just hate em.

How about blind GbG's? Same as normal, but you don't know which other guilds are in it til the end when results are posted. You'd still see where a Guild was by color, just wouldn't know who they are. Plus, it would stop people from knowing immediately who was and wasn't a Guild to worry about. I already know my world's Guilds we go against . As soon as a GbG starts, I can tell with 90% certainty which Guilds are going to place top three and where my Guild will be at. Usually top 3 (DiamondLeague), but we do get pushed to 4th sometimes. Not a 100% way to stop alliances, determined players could communicate with someone from a ton of guilds trying to pinpoint who was who, but that's a huge pain in the tush.

We already lost the building strategy aspect (build s-camps, lots of s-camps), I'd like the chaos to return. I'd have made a proposal, but I didn't feel like reading the new format stuff. Figured if people liked it, someone with better typing skills than I could do one.

Any thoughts?

DeletedUser36145

100% agree. GbG has turned into something very stupid and lots of people just don't play it anymore, despite the rewards. Especially in higher leagues.

Agent327

I loved GbG when it first came out, it was an everyone vs everyone fight. Pure chaos and awesome. Since then, the Age of Alliances has began and it's sucking the fun out and starting to feel like a 24hr GvG. I hate alliances, both sides. I hate being in one, I hate being against them. Just hate em.

How about blind GbG's? Same as normal, but you don't know which other guilds are in it til the end when results are posted. You'd still see where a Guild was by color, just wouldn't know who they are. Plus, it would stop people from knowing immediately who was and wasn't a Guild to worry about. I already know my world's Guilds we go against . As soon as a GbG starts, I can tell with 90% certainty which Guilds are going to place top three and where my Guild will be at. Usually top 3 (DiamondLeague), but we do get pushed to 4th sometimes. Not a 100% way to stop alliances, determined players could communicate with someone from a ton of guilds trying to pinpoint who was who, but that's a huge pain in the tush.

We already lost the building strategy aspect (build s-camps, lots of s-camps), I'd like the chaos to return. I'd have made a proposal, but I didn't feel like reading the new format stuff. Figured if people liked it, someone with better typing skills than I could do one.

Any thoughts?

You are giving the answer yourself. You already know your World's guilds you are going against. Even blind you will know which is which. Determined players do not care about a pain in the tush. To the fanatics it will make no difference, but it will be harder on the others.

Any thoughts?
I too love GBG a lot but alliance is serious issue and don't know how Inno will handle it and i agree with you that it is killing GBG

planetofthehumans2

You're not going to stop a hungry tiger from mauling someone just because you put a mask over his head. I don't think this will work to prevent the desolation in gbg, but it would be an interesting element none the less.

Although, guild leaders could just figure it out by saying where their home base is what sectors they've taken.