• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG map changing mid-season

Stillwater

I've noticed more times than I can count that the GBG map will often change mid-season. Either the goods cost for a building will change or the number of building slots in a sector will change. Are other players also noticing this? Why is this happening? It's frustrating to deal with when you're trying to manage GBG for your guild and suddenly a swap pattern that was working before isn't optimal anymore or you suddenly one day start spending goods that you weren't tracking before.

Stillwater

Last season I accidentally got a screenshot of one sector's goods cost changing. I can be more methodical starting next season taking screenshots of building slots and goods costs for all the sectors on the map (that my guild is trading) to catch a change in building slots mid-season. I just happened to take an image of it because of how rare it is that a sector only costs us 1 type of good and something we have an abundance of. Then later when I checked that same sector it was broken up into something else.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 19
  • SCcosts.png
    SCcosts.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

My guess is maybe some members aged up mid season?
From new Eras (SAJM in particular) opening it is clear and definite that members moving up after GbG starts do NOT change the goods needed. Only if the move up before GbG starts does the new Good type become part of GbG. thus it followsin general a player moving up after GbG start is not going to change the Goods needed.

Emberguard

From new Eras (SAJM in particular) opening it is clear and definite that members moving up after GbG starts do NOT change the goods needed.
Well it's not meant to, but I was thinking in terms of potential bugs if things weren't working as intended ('cause I don't know what would cause it through intended mechanics)

If someone leaves your guild mid-season it may change the goods required for building.
That would make sense given any member leaving mid-season no longer counts towards the minimum 40 advances requirement to receive end of season rewards

From what I've seen, when a player leaves a guild in the middle of a GBG season AND they were the only one in a given age the GBG goods will be recalculated with the goods from that players age being removed.

With this in mind during a given GBG season if you are stuck with a Sector that requires a large amount of a certain good that you don't have or don't want to drain the treasury it may be possible to ask the player(s) of that goods age to leave the guild for the rest of the season or kick them out to rejoin after season end to allow for the rest of the guild members to have a more profitable season.

Pericles the Lion

From what I've seen, when a player leaves a guild in the middle of a GBG season AND they were the only one in a given age the GBG goods will be recalculated with the goods from that players age being removed.

With this in mind during a given GBG season if you are stuck with a Sector that requires a large amount of a certain good that you don't have or don't want to drain the treasury it may be possible to ask the player(s) of that goods age to leave the guild for the rest of the season or kick them out to rejoin after season end to allow for the rest of the guild members to have a more profitable season.
Or maybe get all of the guild members to contribute the needed good?

If you were that player, how would you feel?

Or maybe get all of the guild members to contribute the needed good?

If you were that player, how would you feel?
Actually I just had the guild I was in do this to me as I was the only one in progressive era and there was over 100K of each progressive good in the treasury.
I was given an ultimatum, age up for the next season or I was out.

Not something I would personally do to someone, but it appears at least in the larger guilds, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Sharmon the Impaler

Actually I just had the guild I was in do this to me as I was the only one in progressive era and there was over 100K of each progressive good in the treasury.

Not something I would personally do to someone, but it appears at least in the larger guilds, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
Yuck , sorry that happened to you , not classy at all :(

Pericles the Lion

Sorry to hear this. From what I can tell you've only been in this guild for a few weeks. They should have advised you while you were applying. If they didn't mention it and then sprung this on you that's just not right. Good luck!

DreadfulCadillac

In guilds like the one I'm in (competent ones), we simply prioritize leveling treasury GBS of all members, so this is not an issue. Leaders of the guild and non-leaders alike often grant donations of FP to the treasury GBs of other members that far exceed 1.9 and even 2.0. Our treasury program has been wildly successful so far, and we've done over a thousand levels on treasury GBs of guild members. Of course, if you are going to be in our guild, it is expected that you will add the treasury GBS (maybe not the ATOM, but def the OBS & AIC), and invest some FP into leveling them yourself of course.

DevaCat

Also sorry you got that kind of guild response. 100k in your era guild goods, and given your contribution, should be plenty to cover your cost to the guild. If a guild gave me such an ultimatum, I would tell them where to stuff it.