• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

gbg

CDmark

I had the same problem logging on. I didnt realize I needed a beta account first. I really don't want a beta account bcs I never plan to play it. But some interesting ideas were mentioned aside from the 66% cap.
1) make goods spending for buildings progressive based on number of sectors acquired, like GvG
2) cap # of daily advances for players (one mentioned 1000 per day...Iol not much of a cap)

Not only is it a 66% maximum attrition reduction but SCs lose reduction % as the number increases.

1 Siege Camp2 Siege Camps3 Siege Camps4 Siege Camps
24%42%56%66.6% Cap Reached

It was mentioned WT do the same but no chart was given. Yes, the SC's still cost the same.

MJ Artisan of War

Also @Ebeondi Asi, are there enough "big, fighting" guilds in Beta to give Inno a legitimate idea of how these changes would play out? I have no idea, but I think there's reason to be skeptical about that on (uninformed) face value.
@LeCron do you know?
As a Beta player.... imho there are maybe four decent GBG guilds on the beta server.... Seldom do even two of them wind up on the same map.... Beta GBG is very weak.... mainly because most everyone there are there to test and preview upcoming events and game changes... not to be GBG Beasts...
Besides.... Beta gives free diamonds for everything tested, that can only be used on the beta server.... So You can make hundreds of diamonds a month without doing GBG.... lol

Milo Doolin

This is an obvious attempt by the big dogs to gain even more of an advantage than they already have.
I'm the founder of a small but fast growing guild. We just got to a point where we can compete in diamond league in GbG, when the playing field is even. The only way we can compete in diamond league is with the attrition free fights we get from the SC boosts. Now Inno is trying to take that away, instead of adjusting the program to put the same level guilds against each other. Whenever there are one to three high level guilds, they divide the field between them, and porch camp everyone else. Seems like the answer to the problem would be to make sure there are no huge gaps in guild levels, like there are now.
I founded my guild with the idea that lower level/age/experienced players can learn and have fun, without depending on Supers or joining high level, high requirement guilds. We are in the top 60 rankings every week, and have only one requirement… Complete the first encounter in GE.
Now the big dogs want to shut us down… Why?
Because they want to recruit all the good players and grow their guilds, instead of adjusting their game play, and figuring out how.
Because they don't want to deal with us smaller guilds, especially when we know how to easily knock them down a few notches in the rankings.
Here's a newsflash for ya big dogs…
The guild that took your territory in GvG and knocked you down a few notches, is the same guild you pat yourselves on the back for porch camping in GbG, and not letting them play!
The players you are so happy to snipe their GBs and plunder also belong to that guild, and love to see you get yours.
Whenever you ask yourselves, "Who the heck are these guys?" It will be someone like me.
Understand this, no matter what you big dogs suggest as change for your own benefit, someone like me will find a way to best you.
That's just part of the game, deal with it and learn from your failures, instead of trying to get Inno to give you extra advantage that you don't even deserve!

thathurts

This is an obvious attempt by the big dogs to gain even more of an advantage than they already have.
I'm the founder of a small but fast growing guild. We just got to a point where we can compete in diamond league in GbG, when the playing field is even. The only way we can compete in diamond league is with the attrition free fights we get from the SC boosts. Now Inno is trying to take that away, instead of adjusting the program to put the same level guilds against each other. Whenever there are one to three high level guilds, they divide the field between them, and porch camp everyone else. Seems like the answer to the problem would be to make sure there are no huge gaps in guild levels, like there are now.
I founded my guild with the idea that lower level/age/experienced players can learn and have fun, without depending on Supers or joining high level, high requirement guilds. We are in the top 60 rankings every week, and have only one requirement… Complete the first encounter in GE.
Because they want to recruit all the good players and grow their guilds, instead of adjusting their game play, and figuring out how.
Because they don't want to deal with us smaller guilds, especially when we know how to easily knock them down a few notches in the rankings.
Here's a newsflash for ya big dogs…
The guild that took your territory in GvG and knocked you down a few notches, is the same guild you pat yourselves on the back for porch camping in GbG, and not letting them play!
The players you are so happy to snipe their GBs and plunder also belong to that guild, and love to see you get yours.
Whenever you ask yourselves, "Who the heck are these guys?" It will be someone like me.
Understand this, no matter what you big dogs suggest as change for your own benefit, someone like me will find a way to best you.
That's just part of the game, deal with it and learn from your failures, instead of trying to get Inno to give you extra advantage that you don't even deserve!
simple merge with other guilds to be stronger its that simple the road that inno wants to take is you spend more and they give less

Ebeondi Asi

It is clear that the people making these changes don't play the game. They have no idea what they are really doing. they cannot think outside the box either. And I guarantee Milo it is not the big dog players calling the shots. LOL
It is probably some bean counter calling the shots. Who thinks they do not need to understand anything more than they learned glancing at the game while some head programmer who also never played the game babbles for five minutes in a video conference..

Johnny B. Goode

Where to start?
Wrong. Inno is the one who decided that GBG needed a fix, not the "big dogs" who are probably happy with the status quo.
Now Inno is trying to take that away, instead of adjusting the program to put the same level guilds against each other.
I'm pretty sure this will accomplish that. You'll be relegated to a lower league with the other "small but fast growing" guilds. And when you grow to the point that you're on the same level with the "big dogs", then you'll advance to where they are.
Whenever there are one to three high level guilds, they divide the field between them, and porch camp everyone else. Seems like the answer to the problem would be to make sure there are no huge gaps in guild levels, like there are now.
So your real objection is that you want to be in Diamond League but not have to compete with Diamond League guilds.
Again, it's Inno doing this, not the "big dogs". And you can learn and have fun without being able to compete in Diamond league GBG. You are in no way being "shut down". You may end up competing in lower leagues until you grow to the point you can compete with the "big dogs" again, but that's not the same thing at all.
Seriously? They're the "big dogs" because they already figured out how. You're the one needing to figure some things out, not them.
Apparently they already know how to deal with you, since you complain about them "porch camping" you.
Yeah, well, GvG gives nothing but meaningless ranking points, and GBG gives tons of rewards, so who's getting the better of this deal? Hint: Not you.
Well, since they're "porch camping" you, I'm pretty sure you're off base again here.
They're not saying that, trust me.
If you'll "find a way to best" them no matter what Inno (not the big dogs) changes, then what's the problem here. Wait for the change to take effect on the live servers (if it ever does) and then find that way.
Apparently the current system of Siege Camps and no attrition is giving you an extra advantage you don't deserve, so your statement here is pretty ironic.

Darkest.Knight

Most of what has been expressed regarding battleground changes reflects bias more than objective evaluations of what the changes mean. From my point of view putting an end to endless fights is fine, just needed enough goods to put up siege towers. Max reduction to 66% seems about right, can still do huge numbers of fights but will require better character stats, I don't c that as a problem.

Milo Doolin

Where to start?

Wrong. Inno is the one who decided that GBG needed a fix, not the "big dogs" who are probably happy with the status quo.

I'm pretty sure this will accomplish that. You'll be relegated to a lower league with the other "small but fast growing" guilds. And when you grow to the point that you're on the same level with the "big dogs", then you'll advance to where they are.

So your real objection is that you want to be in Diamond League but not have to compete with Diamond League guilds.

Again, it's Inno doing this, not the "big dogs". And you can learn and have fun without being able to compete in Diamond league GBG. You are in no way being "shut down". You may end up competing in lower leagues until you grow to the point you can compete with the "big dogs" again, but that's not the same thing at all.

Seriously? They're the "big dogs" because they already figured out how. You're the one needing to figure some things out, not them.

Apparently they already know how to deal with you, since you complain about them "porch camping" you.

Yeah, well, GvG gives nothing but meaningless ranking points, and GBG gives tons of rewards, so who's getting the better of this deal? Hint: Not you.

Well, since they're "porch camping" you, I'm pretty sure you're off base again here.

They're not saying that, trust me.

If you'll "find a way to best" them no matter what Inno (not the big dogs) changes, then what's the problem here. Wait for the change to take effect on the live servers (if it ever does) and then find that way.

Apparently the current system of Siege Camps and no attrition is giving you an extra advantage you don't deserve, so your statement here is pretty ironic.
Wow! I'm sorry, with everyone else voicing their opinions, I was under the impression that this was a forum to do so. I didn't know that it was a place to have your conversation picked apart. Well, thank you for letting me know.
Good luck with your future endeavors and have fun!

Pericles the Lion

Wow! I'm sorry, with everyone else voicing their opinions, I was under the impression that this was a forum to do so. I didn't know that it was a place to have your conversation picked apart. Well, thank you for letting me know.
In a "Feedback" thread it's generally agreed that reacting to another posters feedback is not advised. Since this is not a Feedback thread, any player is free to challenge another player's opinion. It's a good thing to have a thick skin (and I am a work in progress in this regard) when posting on the Forum.

Ebeondi Asi

I [personally, you don't have to agree with me] look at this change like: "What doesn't kill you makes you weaker so the next change will kill you."
There are winners and losers. better to be a winner with battle scars than a loser who gave up or ran away, is my response.
(Since you can't actually die in this game. )

With all changes big or small (and this is a medium size change affecting only one small part of the game) , there are player (and Guilds) who will look at it as a challenge and work at it unitl they win. Others just give up. Just like the way so many Guilds have given up on GbG.
As I wrote previously, a few top guilds will figure out how to win in the new situation and dominate!!!. All over again. while the majority watch and wring their hands whining how 'unfair' Foe is. (while they made no real effort at all..

Sharmon the Impaler

It was implemented because of exploit fighting , 0% attrition can give 40-50 fights with no refreshes , it's not a bot and it's not third party but still a hugely unfair playing field. Instead of going after the exploit users (yes it is against the TOS because you agreed to report exploits as soon as you knew about them) they took away the gas fueling the exploit. I really hope they leave this up. It is not discussing cheating it is only giving the real reason for it instead of not giving it and upsetting a huge swath of honest players for no reason.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

Unfair? if players who over years of daily effort can manage to do '40 or 50 fights with no refreshes ((right off i have to say that is not happening. they might get ten, maybe fifteen if really lucky, in..(yeah 40 or 50 is made up fantasy) and you call it cheating rather than the fact is they are better and have spent years to be better than some who play for six months and then whine because the players ...you called them 'cheaters' ... are winning all the time? LOL Then you call it an 'exploit" something that anyone can do with no problem given a little real time,,and do it openly. yet you need a scapegoat for your notion?
Do you think the players who succeed are the ones who invented GbG?
What I would say in response is again that the successful players will, again, solve the new problem, and again succeed, to the chagrin of all the whiners. And I certainly plan on being one who helps find the way to win again. And I guarantee the whiners will still be losing and whining.
Hopefully The designers at Inno figure that part out.
Think of Foe life as a fun challenge to solve. not a free ride someone owes you.

Johnny B. Goode

Well, when a post is as full of misinformation and faulty logic as yours, I kind of feel obligated to not let it stand unchallenged to lead naive readers astray. Maybe think through your posts better in the future to avoid such an occurrence happening again.

Sharmon the Impaler

Unfair? if players who over years of daily effort can manage to do '40 or 50 fights with no refreshes ((right off i have to say that is not happening. they might get ten, maybe fifteen if really lucky, in..(yeah 40 or 50 is made up fantasy) and you call it cheating rather than the fact is they are better and have spent years to be better than some who play for six months and then whine because the players ...you called them 'cheaters' ... are winning all the time? LOL Then you call it an 'exploit" something that anyone can do with no problem given a little real time,,and do it openly. yet you need a scapegoat for your notion?
Do you think the players who succeed are the ones who invented GbG?
What I would say in response is again that the successful players will, again, solve the new problem, and again succeed, to the chagrin of all the whiners. And I certainly plan on being one who helps find the way to win again. And I guarantee the whiners will still be losing and whining.
Hopefully The designers at Inno figure that part out.
Think of Foe life as a fun challenge to solve. not a free ride someone owes you.
I get 10-15 fights without refreshing and that is far from cheating , I have seen an honest player get 22 fights without a refresh. That is not my point , removing the game API by taking advantage of a flaw in the browser you're on is surely cheating. In plain english for you , you don't even see the attack window , you set the location where it is once at the start and invoke the flaw and just click as fast as your finger can. No third party , no bot but your attacks are limited to your latency stats with Inno only. The routine doesn't even have time to run the damage calculation before the next "ghost" fight comes up. This had to be stopped and quite frankly I side with Inno on the 66% cap 100% now. It will vastly curtail this and make my game more enjoyable in the end.

Sharmon the Impaler

You may want to read it again. I nowhere rescinded the claim of forty to fifty fights before refreshing. I have a max of about 15 but sometimes 1 or 2 higher than that but rarely. Just because you don't think it's possible once you drop out the API doesn't mean it isn't. Have a good night