• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GE deception by Forge of empires

DeletedUser28025

For the past 6 months i had been observing that the GE has become harder and harder to compete.
Usually i loose only 3 rouges in III level and in the 4th level it will be just 4 rouges.

The fourth level opponents attack boost has increased over time in the past 6 months. In the fourth level untill the 12th step the oponents attacker boost was very less.

In the past 2 months FOE has increased the opponents attacker boost to 40% to 90% from the start of the 4th level to the end of the 4th level respectively.

It is obvious in the last two months. I had been loosing 10 rouges before the 12th step of level 4.

So, FOE is very sure that the players should not be able to win the 4th level.

I can observe this very well when i upgrade my military buildings.

Before completing level III i use to loose 3 rouges. Now FOE makes sure that the player loose many rouges before completing level III.

Today i really wondered that i lost 8 rouges before completing level 4's step 4.

I see this as a mere deception from FOE.

The 4th step of level 4 is 40% attacker boost and defense boost. In the 8th step it is 60% and it keeps increasing and in the last 5 levels it is 90%.

By this FOE makes sure that the player should not complete level 4 at all.

Deception. It discourages the player especially me

When i inquired with the fellow players they stated the same.

Smuck.

Ooohh Bad.
Now(29 June 2018) i am playing the 4th step of level 4. the opponents attacking and defense power is 50%. I have already lost 3 troops. I cannot continue beyond this. I have to go for negotiation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25795

I hope you have completed the story quest-line as far as you can (some ages you hit a brick wall on). You should be able to get troops from 2 ages ahead of your current age. They help a lot in GE (and city defence).

I know its not the answer you wanted, but don't forget you can negotiate hard encounters in GE.

wolfhoundtoo

or the past 6 months i had been observing that the GE has become harder and harder to compete.
Usually i loose only 3 rouges in III level and in the 4th level it will be just 4 rouges.

The fourth level opponents attack boost has increased over time in the past 6 months. In the fourth level untill the 12th step the oponents attacker boost was very less.

in the past 2 months FOE has increased the opponents attacker boost to 40% to 90% from the start of the 4th level to the end of the 4th level respectively.

It is obvious in the last two months. I had been loosing 10 rouges before the 12th step of level 4.

So, FOE is very sure that the players should not be able to win the 4th level.

I can observe this very well when i upgrade my military buildints.

Before completing level III i use to loose 3 rouges. Now FOE makes sure that the player loose many rouges before completing level III.

Today i really wondered that i lost 8 rouges before completing level 4's step 4.

I see this as a mere deception from FOE.

The 4th step of level 4 is 40% attacker boost and defense boost. In the 8th step it is 60% and it keeps increasing and in the last 5 levels it is 90%.

By this FOE makes sure that the player should not complete level 4 at all.

Deception. It discourages the player especially me

When i inquired with the fellow players they stated the same.

Smuck.

Ooohh Bad.
Now i am playing the 4th step of level 4. the opponents attacking and defense power is 50%. I have already lost 3 troops. I cannot continue beyond this. I have to go for negotiation.

Did you move into a new age? Because the boosts you face are age/era dependent.

RazorbackPirate

How much have you advanced in the last 6 months? Which age were you in 6 months ago, what age are you in now?

You might want to consult the Wiki where it shows the A/D boosts that are added to the defending units in each encounter of each age. Could it be they changed because you advance and age ior two?

https://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Guild_Expeditions#1st Quarter

I love how it's always Inno somehow guilty of nefarious dealings, just outr to get the customer.

DeletedUser26965

In the past 2 months FOE has increased the opponents attacker boost
This just simply isn't true and there is no deception. If they ever make such a change to GE they would inform us. The last change they made was in Jan 2017;

Iron Age - Removal of boosts in the 3rd difficulty
Early Middle Ages - Removal of boosts in the 3rd difficulty
High Middle Ages - Decreases in boosts in the 3rd difficulty
Late Middle Ages - No changes
Colonial Age - Decreases in the 1st difficulty
Industrial Age - Decreases in the 1st difficulty
Progressive Era - Decreases in the 1st difficulty
Modern Era - Decreases in the 1st and 2nd difficulties
Postmodern Era - Decreases in the 1st difficulty
Contemporary Era - Minor decreases in the 1st difficulty
Tomorrow - Minor decreases in boosts in 1st, 2nd and 3rd difficulties
The Future - No changes
Arctic Future - Increases in boosts in 1st, 2nd and 3rd difficulties

Guild Expeditions Changes - Continuation

The actual boost percents per encounter ThruTHEhead & RazorbackPirate linked above.

wolfhoundtoo

Nothing is equal in GE...when you level your attack GBs the boost goes up and begins sooner......

That is NOT true. I've leveled my attack GBs quite a lot while I was in FE and there was no change to the enemy boost in GE. The boost you face in GE is determined by your age/era and the level of GE.

Freshmeboy

So your battles didn't have strengthened troops earlier in the route through the temples...? Mine did...

DeletedUser26965

So your battles didn't have strengthened troops earlier in the route through the temples...? Mine did...
Because you didn't specify and this thread was about the encounter units your comment can be construed as meaning when you raise your attack GB's the enemy gets stronger which is why wolfhoundtoo said
there was no change to the enemy boost
The enemy is not affected by your boost, it's set to age.

DeletedUser29726

I should mention in all these corrections there was one thing you're (almost) right about:

Inno does not want you to *easily* do GE4. It has the biggest rewards and is intended to provide a serious challenge to the average player - one that most people are not expected to complete. Some ages are more doable than others by combat. All ages are doable by negotiation but will take a well setup city to produce the amount of goods needed to do it every week that way.

DeletedUser35719

You are not going to be able to fight through it but it is easy to negotiate if you have enough goods and use the extra turn boost from the tavern