• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Give me a bulk fragment remover, or stop giving me fragments

Mista Boomtastic

there is one, go to settings and scroll down till you see "delete city"

solves the whole problem they created - since they are obviously in panic mode (which as history shows, never ends well)

qaccy

Unpopular opinion around here, but I like fragments. It allows for more variety in building productions. Something like a renovation kit or even a boost item is too significant to give away wholesale as a production, so fragments are a good way to achieve the same thing but spacing it out over a time period that makes more sense on a case-by-case basis.

Another purpose fragments can serve is allowing players to work towards a reward more consistently rather than having to rely on luck (or at least not as much of it). Kinda related to the above, in that fragments are 'easier' to give away than full items and so can be available from more sources, but also in areas like GE where we used to have relatively low-% chances to get the better building rewards, but now receive guaranteed fragments that ensure we get what we want over time with very little room for a bad luck streak.

I'm sure my thoughts aren't going to change any minds on fragments, but yeah. I like 'em!

Johnny B. Goode

Unpopular opinion around here, but I like fragments. It allows for more variety in building productions. Something like a renovation kit or even a boost item is too significant to give away wholesale as a production, so fragments are a good way to achieve the same thing but spacing it out over a time period that makes more sense on a case-by-case basis.

Another purpose fragments can serve is allowing players to work towards a reward more consistently rather than having to rely on luck (or at least not as much of it). Kinda related to the above, in that fragments are 'easier' to give away than full items and so can be available from more sources, but also in areas like GE where we used to have relatively low-% chances to get the better building rewards, but now receive guaranteed fragments that ensure we get what we want over time with very little room for a bad luck streak.

I'm sure my thoughts aren't going to change any minds on fragments, but yeah. I like 'em!
Yeah, no. You shot your whole argument in the foot when you mentioned GE. For the first 4 levels, at least, the fragment thing is an incredible nerf over what the rewards used to be, pitiful as they were. (Leaving Diamonds out of this completely.) At least before you could sell what you got immediately at the AD for what little they were worth. Now you have to collect all the fragments, assemble the "selection kit" (because the fragments don't even get you the building), and then sell that for even less than what the actual building used to bring. Now maybe your argument is applicable to level 5, but for the first 4 levels, fragments are a middle finger from Inno to the players.

xivarmy

End of the current event gives you fragments! 31 fragments! Ordinarily I might not mind if I knew I could get more and assemble a whole, but at the end of the gameplay for an event? Not likely.

Since fragments are the new thing, give me a button to delete en masse fragments of things I know I don't want. So tired of deleting one by one by one.
There's a building, golden panda statue, that makes additional of those fragments you get at the end of the event. You can view those 30 fragments as saving you 30 days of waiting for the panda statue to make you the upgrade level to the shrine.

They just need to fix how fragments are handled in inventory - with say a filter to hide incomplete sets - so that the clutter stops proliferating from all the different types of fragments.

Johnny B. Goode

They just need to fix how fragments are handled in inventory - with say a filter to hide incomplete sets - so that the clutter stops proliferating from all the different types of fragments.
That would be nice. In my main city last night I counted and there were fragments for 30 different items, from supply rushes to event buildings. I deleted all fragments of 7 items, and would have done two or three more except there were around 100 fragments of each of those two. All the ones I deleted are buildings that I won't get more fragments for and wouldn't build even if I did. So I still have fragments of 23 different items, which translates to almost 3 full pages in my inventory. Another idea would be to put them at the end instead of right near the beginning of inventory.

xivarmy

That would be nice. In my main city last night I counted and there were fragments for 30 different items, from supply rushes to event buildings. I deleted all fragments of 7 items, and would have done two or three more except there were around 100 fragments of each of those two. All the ones I deleted are buildings that I won't get more fragments for and wouldn't build even if I did. So I still have fragments of 23 different items, which translates to almost 3 full pages in my inventory. Another idea would be to put them at the end instead of right near the beginning of inventory.
I don't like the "put them at the end" suggestion some people have been raising as "acceptable" to hide them because I use "skip to end" to find the "build menu" buildings to build and sell for quests.

qaccy

Yeah, no. You shot your whole argument in the foot when you mentioned GE. For the first 4 levels, at least, the fragment thing is an incredible nerf over what the rewards used to be, pitiful as they were. (Leaving Diamonds out of this completely.) At least before you could sell what you got immediately at the AD for what little they were worth. Now you have to collect all the fragments, assemble the "selection kit" (because the fragments don't even get you the building), and then sell that for even less than what the actual building used to bring. Now maybe your argument is applicable to level 5, but for the first 4 levels, fragments are a middle finger from Inno to the players.
I don't think the AD was really a consideration here, but rather, the ability to choose a reward for actual use. Someone who actually wants to USE a GE reward I think will appreciate being able to pick what they want, rather than having to roll the dice hoping that they win it. It may be a nerf to AD returns, but since we're only throwing in stuff that we ourselves consider to be junk, I don't think Inno really cares about that, much like we don't really care about losing the items that we throw into it.

Pericles the Lion

That is the way most junior players get through the first levels of GE. They get enough silver to get the extra turn because they aren't strong enough to fight yet. This now removes that ability so they now will have to spend diamonds for the extra turn or start over and waste a ton of goods. This is an attack on the junior players and GE5 is an attack on the veteran players so no real favorites on who gets screwed with this , Everyone does except Inno.
Please explain why junior players will have to spend diamonds for extra turns in GE. What has affected their ability to collect tavern silver?

Johnny B. Goode

I don't think the AD was really a consideration here, but rather, the ability to choose a reward for actual use. Someone who actually wants to USE a GE reward I think will appreciate being able to pick what they want, rather than having to roll the dice hoping that they win it. It may be a nerf to AD returns, but since we're only throwing in stuff that we ourselves consider to be junk, I don't think Inno really cares about that, much like we don't really care about losing the items that we throw into it.
You're missing the point. The fragments we get now in levels 1-4 are of buildings we don't want. If they were useful buildings, it would be a different matter, but they're not. And the fact that we have to collect fragments and assemble the selection kit now means that we have to wait longer for a lesser amount from the AD. I will repeat so you won't miss it. The buildings from the selection kits from the fragments we now get are not useful. They used to go straight to the AD, but now we have to wait until we have all the fragments. Then we can assemble a selection kit, which the AD pays less for than the buildings we used to get.

TL;DR Wait longer, get less from AD. Lose/lose.

But you go ahead, keep trying to put lipstick on this pig. :rolleyes:

xivarmy

Well I mean I think the actual consideration was reducing the amount of fountains of youth accessible ;)

But yes, if your new city wants some level 2 Terrace Farms this is much more reliable than it was (my last new city took close to 3 months to get its first level 2 terrace farm because while it got the upgrade the first week it didn't get a base for it for a long time; now it's somewhat reliably every few weeks and there's no danger of an upgrade without a base).

At the same time though GE5 shows the issue with how far they leaned into fragments. You have nothing to show for it at all until at least 4 full clears. And most of the items not til the 5th. This creates a substantial lack of excitement if it's testing your limits that "what, you mean before I get *anything* from this I need to do it again 3 more times?".

For the highest value prizes that makes sense - the forgotten temple and feathered serpent statue can't be made too common and if they're going to be rare it's kinda better that they're reliable.

But for some of them that I'm not even sure I want to build when I get them, surely they could let us get "too many" of them before we don't care if we get *any* of them (looking at you greater ritual flame, divine sky watch, and chain attachments for the serpent) by having 1 of the chests offer a full one at random that might not be what you want, but is something to show for your effort if you can't handle doing GE5 every week.

Fragments are a nice tool in their belt, and sometimes they make good sense for the reasons you espoused. But sometimes a bit of RNG that's on average more rewarding but less reliable is a good thing to mix in too!

Pericles the Lion

That is the way most junior players get through the first levels of GE. They get enough silver to get the extra turn because they aren't strong enough to fight yet. This now removes that ability so they now will have to spend diamonds for the extra turn or start over and waste a ton of goods. This is an attack on the junior players and GE5 is an attack on the veteran players so no real favorites on who gets screwed with this , Everyone does except Inno.
They use the goods sold from the previous GE to support buying turns the next GE. Do you even play the game ? Some of your comments are out in left field.
What are you talking about? Silver is the Tavern currency and can be used to purchase an extra negotiation turn (and other things). None of the changes to GE affect the accumulation of tavern silver. Certainly not fragments of items.

How can goods be "sold" to support buying extra turns in the following GE? Please enlighten me.

Pericles the Lion

It's really hard for him to see how a junior player needs the better goods buildings in AD to get through GE when they can't fight yet but I have him on ignore. :)
Now I understand. Junior players were selling FoAs, GoSGs, etc. to the AD so that they could buy Event building selection kits. Fat chance. :eek:

xivarmy

Although it has nothing to do with extra turns in GE, that's exactly what I do. Of course, I'm not nearly the great and wonderful player that you are, so...
Sure, that's what the AD is for. But over time it's gotten harder to get enough stuff that matches to really make an early impact to one's ability to do GE, which was the original suggestion. Furthermore the worthless GE buildings aren't so worthless when you're in a new city, so you're probably better off building many of them than selling them to AD even if your veteran friends decry their uselessness (to them).

The loss of AD-value really only affects mid-range players significantly. High end players probably have enough AD currency for whatever they want to do anyways. And low end players should get more immediate value out of building them than selling them.

Johnny B. Goode

Sure, that's what the AD is for. But over time it's gotten harder to get enough stuff that matches to really make an early impact to one's ability to do GE, which was the original suggestion. Furthermore the worthless GE buildings aren't so worthless when you're in a new city, so you're probably better off building many of them than selling them to AD even if your veteran friends decry their uselessness (to them).

The loss of AD-value really only affects mid-range players significantly. High end players probably have enough AD currency for whatever they want to do anyways. And low end players should get more immediate value out of building them than selling them.
The Tribal Square and FoY might be good for a relatively new city, but the GoSGs and FoAs are pretty much worthless no matter what stage of the game you're at. (I do currently have some in my main city, but they'll be gone as soon as I get around to rearranging it next time.) I never have liked the Terrace Farm because it's plunder waiting to happen. At least the Tribal Square can't be plundered once it's motivated (and isn't worth plundering if it isn't.) FoY is good for Diamond farms, also.

xivarmy

The Tribal Square and FoY might be good for a relatively new city, but the GoSGs and FoAs are pretty much worthless no matter what stage of the game you're at. (I do currently have some in my main city, but they'll be gone as soon as I get around to rearranging it next time.) I never have liked the Terrace Farm because it's plunder waiting to happen. At least the Tribal Square can't be plundered once it's motivated (and isn't worth plundering if it isn't.) FoY is good for Diamond farms, also.
FoA is very very good in low ages - you still may need happiness and it's extremely efficient at that. and 3% atk/4 squares is actually ok when you're new and looking for attack boost.

GoSG isn't as good efficiency-wise (you typically need significantly more defense for an army than attack to make an impact), but if you need defense for your attacking army early you might be fine with it. It's in the same kit as FoA though so it's not like you're forced to take it.

The tribal square is the one I'd never ever build (it's better to build houses and goods buildings in low ages; and by time that gets less efficient than a tribal square you probably don't need it) - but it's in the same kit as sacred sky watch which is fine til you have better stuff.

I don't worry about plunder much. At worst it'll happen once a day (per plunderer, but a hood with more than 1 plunderer is rare as it's not really worth the time anymore). And compromising your choices to avoid that is counterproductive.