• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Gold Bug Of Death game delaying problem

Just An Observer

Having contacted Support, who only had wild a$$ guesses and the generic stuff to do, which resulted in ZERO improvement, let's see if anyone here has a real grip on the situation.

Problem: Delays interrupt the flow of GBG and Abort 2000 RQ's. Sometimes I get a couple minutes of smooth sailing, then everything goes kaput as the interruptions hit. They vary from a couple of seconds to half a minute. Then things clear up for a little while, followed by the problem returning

Browser: Edge...also tried Opera. No difference.

Did clear cache. 10 cookies from FoE removed each time as I did it twice. Logged in again with my ID and password...twice!!! No effect.
Restarted computer: No effect.
Deleted an antivirus program: No effect.
Refreshed browser multiple times: No effect.

Checked net speed for my ISP: Over 8 download...over 11 upload. Line showing how the deal was going stayed even,. The ISP is fine.

Short of uninstalling and reinstalling the OS, I have done everything and then some.

Support claimed it was a stale cookie that was a month old. The problem began 3 days ago. This explanation is nonsensical as a stale cookie problem would have hit as soon as it went stale. The only ones putting cookies on this computer, which is ONLY used for FoE and INNO connections, is INNO. I have never even had to clear the cache before and any new cookies came along without my knowing. The game worked just fine for all that time until 3 days ago. There was no Win11 update so that suspected element is not involved. As I said earlier, the cache was cleared and cookies reinstalled twice. Support was blowing smoke up my wazoo on this.

So what else can I do? My options are to quit playing since the game is nearly unplayable or to play at a very low level while suffering the tech problems. I am going to give this situation until the end of the Summer event before making a move.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

You blame Inno. The problem is far far more likely to be on your end and your equipment. (if it was Inno thousands of player would be screaming bloody murder)
Do a check on your modem, Microsoft has a program to run diagnostics. Where it is in Window 11 s a mystery to me. but it should be somewhere in there.
It could be some update too .Or a bad driver. There are a lot of things between what you see on the screen and Inno' servers.. Lots.

Just An Observer

You blame Inno. The problem is far far more likely to be on your end and your equipment. (if it was Inno thousands of player would be screaming bloody murder)
Do a check on your modem, Microsoft has a program to run diagnostics. Where it is in Window 11 s a mystery to me. but it should be somewhere in there.
It could be some update too .Or a bad driver. There are a lot of things between what you see on the screen and Inno' servers.. Lots.
Spectrum is my ISP. Called them up. They checked my modem and router. Remote rebooting was done for the modem and another step was taken for the router. That improved the upload/download speeds according to their service rep. I then ran a few minutes of Abort 2000 RQ. That went smoothly. I will need to wait for GBG to begin another session to see if the Fights are doing fine. Hopes are up as the RQ's are working as expected.

You may have nailed it Enoch!

Xenosaur

Login from a different Windows client machine, if that's available (for example, try your spouse's, or a childs...). See if the conditions exist, or persist. Yes, rebooting your modem/router pair can get you de-congested, put you on a faster subnet, etc.

Run s speedtest and see if you're getting your rated performance.

Certain times of day will be busier than others - remember - cable lines are SHARED, not dedicated. If it's evening time, on a holiday weekend, then chances are a lot of streaming is going on, espececially after dinner time....